SpiderMan 2 sucked so bad....no spoiler....saving you trouble - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 02-07-2004, 12:51 PM   #21
Vertical Vortex

Spiderman 1 was also sucky... ugly special effects and stuff, and 2 will be just like it.. but first i have to see it before i can judge...
Old 03-07-2004, 08:55 AM   #22
Alendor

I'm going to see SPII next wednesday and nothing is going to stop me. NOTHING. I liked the first the first one and the second one looks to surpass it in every way as well as break all it's records.
As rude as it might sound I don't care, what the few here says about ti being bad.
If you look at rottentomatoes.com, then you'll see that it has gotten around 146 postive reviews and 9 negative. Then I'll just add the few here to the negative and it mgiht get all the way to 15 against 146.
I'm the oneman promoter for SPII at the Danish buffy-forum, where nonone hates it as far as I know. So I can add another 20 I know, who'll love it. Now we got 15 against 166.
I'm actually also a newly revived Kirsten Dunst fan and proud of it.
Alendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:49 AM   Senior Registered Member #23
DefyingGravity

I thought it was quite brilliant, although somewhat disturbing in some part.

Forgive me, but I really don't think that Kirsten Dunst can act all that well...
Old 04-07-2004, 10:57 AM   #24
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

Smile spider man 2

really spider man 2 sucked it looks quite good on the adverts
Old 04-07-2004, 11:24 AM   Officer #25
DragonRat
Officer

I actually enjoyed Spider-Man 2. I think it was really well-crafted, and it really explored character development. I think they may have rushed some of the plot, but it leaves open the possibility of the third movie's plotlines. On par with the original movie, or actually better, in my opinion. The acting may have been somewhat melodramatic, but one must admit, there is an intensity and conflict growing in every single main character.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #26
Kyle_West

hah no suprise.

everyone has loved this movie. not just on here but friends. all but us 4 that went. I can't believe it. Maybe I expected more? I guess that could be it. X2 is the best comic book movie. O yeah, the faces Tobey Mcguire made during the train scene made me laugh, so yeah there is another part I thought was funny that wasn't meant to be.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:12 PM   #27
Alendor

3 days untill I can see it.
X2 is commonly knonw among friends of mine as the best comicbookmovie yet and X3 is highly anticipated.
I liked both X-men movies...a lot, but I do think that SPII is going to top it. The only downside to that would be that I have to wait untill 2007 for Raimi's conclusion on his Spider-man trilogy.
I find it great that he has given himself another year more than needed, so he can get a decent script and etc.
Alendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 09:33 PM   Officer #28
Renegade
Stock Boy

Spiderman 2 was brilliant. *Beware, Spoiler ahead* The identity being unveiled was a complete surprise. I for one didn't expect that to happen. It was interesting to see how MJ and Harry reacted. Plus, the movie also dealt with Peter's troubles and complications that came with being Spiderman.

Great film.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 02:58 AM   #29
Fancyman
Pimp

I didn't really like it. After seeing the first one, this movie was same old same old. Actually ther was very little added development. The love aspect was slightly better in this one i guess, more conclusive. As far as the villain is concerned, it might as well have been the green goblin all over again. I mean science experiment goes wrong, scientist gets over zealous, hes basically a good person but the technology causes him to act evil. Spidy fights him, looks like he might lose, but wins. YAY! The movie barely kept my interest. I probably would have hated the film if i hadnt seen it in the drive in with white chicks following it. Even Signs would have looked good if it was followed by white chicks. If you're wondering why i stayed for the 2nd movie....well i went with my girlfriend...use your imagination.
Fancyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:45 AM   #30
Kyle_West

!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancyman
I didn't really like it. After seeing the first one, this movie was same old same old. Actually ther was very little added development. The love aspect was slightly better in this one i guess, more conclusive. As far as the villain is concerned, it might as well have been the green goblin all over again. I mean science experiment goes wrong, scientist gets over zealous, hes basically a good person but the technology causes him to act evil. Spidy fights him, looks like he might lose, but wins. YAY! The movie barely kept my interest. I probably would have hated the film if i hadnt seen it in the drive in with white chicks following it. Even Signs would have looked good if it was followed by white chicks. If you're wondering why i stayed for the 2nd movie....well i went with my girlfriend...use your imagination.
Finally! Someone else thought it was dog shit! although it had to be better than White Chicks. King Arthur pwns them both anyways
Old 08-07-2004, 07:29 PM   #31
Object Of Affection

WEll i saw it last night.......... i must admit with all the shit that has been said about this film i wasn't going in with much faith but i was quite suprised cos i thought it was pretty Cool i loved the Special Fx (specially the train bit) the storyline was so-so bit boring in some parts. But i had my friend with me who is a maRvel Maniac and has read all the comics and yeah it doesn't really follow on that as i was told.......

And yeah (sorry to ruin it again "close your eyes if ya haven't seen it") the identity thing was abit StupiD cos every one knows who he is and they've got to make like 5 more spiderman films

Anyways i thought it was cool "typical spiderman moovie" so well worth a watch
Old 15-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #32
alby

I thought Spiderman II was quite good actually. Hate it or love it, you'll have to admit that SPII is going on an incredible run at the box office. Last count was $267 million in the states.

New Line is in talks with Tom Cruise for Iron Man, which is supposed to released in the summer of 2005. 20th Century Fox plans to release Elektra (Jennifer Garner) in Febrary of next year.

Studios seem to be superhero crazy now.
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 09:48 AM   First Class Member Officer #33
Sarah
Nice

I'm going to see Spider-Man II this afternoon with a bunch of people, so I'll see for myself. I'll probably like it.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 12:03 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I liked it when I saw it on Sunday (I took my time posting). I don't get what's so bad about it. It is much better than the first movie which I fell asleep in at the end. Spiderman 2 has a nicer happier ending anyway. Always good to see the hero not suffer.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2004, 03:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #35
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I saw spidey II on opening day/ the monday after, and I have to say, it sucked.I prefered the original, but thought that with it's darker tone, could stand up to it's predesser. The dialogue's terrible, scenes downright funny, even where they shouldnt (remember Tobey screaming "I'm back, I'm back!!! I think the best part(s) of the movie was Jonah Jameson, who is hysterical, and Dafoe, who completely came out of nowhere in this film. But, as many have said, the graphics suffer from being too much like a video game, instead of state-of-the-art.
I enjoyed X2 and the Punisher immensley as my favorite comic book movies.
Ever.
Old 15-07-2004, 04:42 PM   First Class Member Officer #36
Sarah
Nice

I'm back. I enjoed it. There were some corny moments in it, but I really liked it. I suppose *spoiler* that Harry will become The Green Goblin now?
Old 15-07-2004, 05:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #37
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
I'm back. I enjoed it. There were some corny moments in it, but I really liked it. I suppose *spoiler* that Harry will become The Green Goblin now?
In response to that, Harry becomes the Hobgoblin in the comic books, and in an interview, James Franco(Harry) said that they may not focus on him as the main baddy, because there was already one 'gobby in the series.
Old 15-07-2004, 05:15 PM   First Class Member Officer #38
Sarah
Nice

Oh, thats interesting. I've never read the comic books, so please ignore my lack of Spider-Man knowledge.
Old 15-07-2004, 05:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #39
Spire
InSpire Me

I hate comic book movies. And Spiderman 2 is no exception, in fact it's probably the worst movie I've seen this year. The original was crap, this is possibly worse. Unfortunately, the movie's plot focuses on by biggest character pet peeve. Angsty, confused morons. Peter Parker goes through the "I want to fight/I don't want to fight" debate through most of this movie. Had I not seen this a million times before, and if it wasn't so damn annoying, I might cut the movie some slack. Spiderman 2's plot is so textbook, it burns my brain. It's like watching a movie you've seen a thousand times before, except this time you hated the characters before the movie even started. The critics can say what they will, I'm thirsty for something different, something that isn't predictable.
Old 15-07-2004, 06:14 PM   #40
MC117

can't believe you guys hated it, I think it totally rocked and no i am no where close to a comic book reader, infact i have never even read one... i think the reason why you guys hated it is because after the movie was over, you held your hand out and did that thing and nothing came out and you realized that your no spiderman! so you where like **** (joke)
everyones got there own opinions