SpiderMan 2 sucked so bad....no spoiler....saving you trouble - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 30-06-2004, 08:30 AM   #1
Kyle_West

SpiderMan 2 sucked so bad....no spoiler....saving you trouble

well I just realized this forum was back up so I figured this can be my comeback post.....I catched the 12:01 premiere in my town and there is at least 4 dozen things wrong with it. But I'm sure many of you know what I am talking about.....hopefully. The acting made me cringe in my seat. I never thought Tobey Mcguire could act to begin with. But no one in this movie can act. The Dialogue is crummy....Absolutely repulsive. I felt like the Wachowski brothers ruined another good original movie. The action was held to a minimal.....the main fight against doctor octopus may have lasted 90 seconds max. On top of it all, Tobey Mcguire did his "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch" attitude all movie long. "I love you, but I cant hurt you" "O shit wait I dont have to hurt you" "Wait yes I do" It may be the most predictable movie I have seen since the lost world Jurassic Park. Carnage better kick major ass in the 3rd one. Or the Hob Goblin or whatever it is. Because this one will drive me away from a super hero movie for a while. They make him look like Jesus in some scenes. Very fruity movie and everything in it is incredibly corny. Now the 3 people I went with said it was a debacle just like how I said it. But at the end of the movie all the middle aged nerds with there gameboy advances applauded. Had to be hardcore to like that shit.
Old 30-06-2004, 08:53 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
Pygmalion
Pissed

Its really that awful? I was gonna see it...
A movie thats REALLy bad but which makes it Oh so funny is the remake of DAWN OF THE DEAD. It was the FUNNIEST movie I've seen all year!
Its completely different from any zombie movie I've ever seen! Take in Resident Evil (Milla....mmmmm) it took AGES for the zombies to actually appear-in Dawn of the Dead its like the directors thought: "hey lets cram in as much blood and zombies as we can from the opening scene!" Its well worth the $00 if you want a chuckle, and don't mind seeing zombies with no legs dropping on top of people.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 12:35 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

It's being called 'best hero movie ever'. I think I'll 'waste my time' and see it. I may be seeing it today sometime, so if it is really terrible as you've said, I'll edit this post. But if it's great......I don't know what I'll do. I'll probably just edit this post.
Old 30-06-2004, 01:52 PM   #4
Kyle_West

i know

I know thats what it is being called. Which is why I don't understand it. I hate it, everyone I went with hated it. If you are a hardcore comic book reader. which there were alot of people there that were. I wanted to see it, but these people are the........freaky people. But yeah, let me know what you think.
Old 30-06-2004, 02:16 PM   First Class Member Officer #5
Sarah
Nice

You make it sound really bad. I was under the impression that it was going to be quite good. I may go and see it if I can be bothered. If not, then I'll wait until I can rent it.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 02:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
ryan

im going to see it this afternoon.
ill let you all know what i think afterwards.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 04:13 PM   #7
calereneau

Me_llamo_kyle: the ultimate source for movie reviews!

I don't know, I think I'll go ahead and trust Joel Siegel. Just my personal preference, that's all.
Old 30-06-2004, 10:26 PM   #8
Object Of Affection

For get spiderman see SHREK 2 Woo!

wish keira did a voice for that, be so coOl

i'd like to see her do an animation film
Old 30-06-2004, 10:33 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #9
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Object Of Affection
i'd like to see her do an animation film
really? how strange
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 11:21 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #10
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_West
I felt like the Wachowski brothers ruined another good original movie.
That presumes that The Matrix was better than the latter two...I disagree...the original was lacklustre.

As for Spiderman...the original was good, very good in fact, but could've been far better...too much action crammed into it. If you know what Spiderman's about, it's about the CHARACTERS, not the whole superhero gig which is infuriating...that's why Spidey was one of the few superheroes I liked (Batman will always be my favourite)

Quote:
The action was held to a minimal.....the main fight against doctor octopus may have lasted 90 seconds max.
Excellent. I don't want to see fight sequences...I want to see a film...y'know...a piece of art bringing a comic book alive.

Quote:
On top of it all, Tobey Mcguire did his "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch" attitude all movie long. "I love you, but I cant hurt you" "O shit wait I dont have to hurt you" "Wait yes I do"
Which is sort of what PP does in the comics for about the entire back catalogue of issues...do you even read Spiderman comics?

Quote:
It may be the most predictable movie I have seen since the lost world Jurassic Park. Carnage better kick major ass in the 3rd one. Or the Hob Goblin or whatever it is.
I heard Venom...but it could be Carnage...doubt it'll be HG though.

Quote:
But at the end of the movie all the middle aged nerds with there gameboy advances applauded. Had to be hardcore to like that shit.
Ahh...phew...so I'll love it then...I've been collecting Spiderman comics for over 10 years...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

It's been quoted as 'the best super hero film', and I completely agree. I thought this movie briliant. I can't believe you disliked it. Shame on you. I'm kidding, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and yada yada. But honestly, go see this movie, it was great. Sometimes the way the characters acted and the way scenes were shot made you feel akward, but it holds nothing against the story. Genius.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:12 AM   Officer #12
mufiman
Officer

i totally agree with jacoby, this is the best superhero movie ever. mostly everything was good about it. they didnt overdo the fight scenes and there were little of them, which was fine. they focused on the characters more and it was a great movie. everyone was good in the cast. The film does play things quite a bit "darker" in this sequel and it had a certain "depressed" feel about it at times, but it was still very entertaining and fun. J. Jonah Jameson was definately my most favorite characters, although i dont care for kirsten dunst, who i think was the worst of the cast. some parts were a bit corny, but all movies have their share of corny moments.
mufiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #13
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

They had a behind the scenes look of Spider-man on VH1, and someone mentioned that the first movie deals with Peter getting his powers, and the second film deals with how he deals with his burden. In my eyes, the idea of fighting his powers is what makes the film so intruiging. This movie has it's obvious action moments, but it's depth with the characters is what makes it so interesting. Rather than mindless extensive fight scenes with Spidey and the bad guy, there's more conflict of characters. Once again, loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufiman
although i dont care for kirsten dunst, who i think was the worst of the cast.
Agreed. She has this cockyness that's always bothered me.

OK, I'll stop posting in this thread.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:09 PM   #14
Kyle_West

ya know I should be suprised...

But I am not in the least bit suprised. Maybe my hate for Tobey and Kirsten made me think what a bad movie. I found it boring, I almost fell asleep. I know peter parker whines alot in the comics, they sure as hell showed it in the movie. To the point I about jumped out of my seat and yelled shut up. They make him look like a savior in the movie. Crowd surf scene was as gay as it gets....I laughed at it.....One of the only parts I laughed at. But people stared at me. Doc Octopus was my favorite villian in spiderman. GG got on my nerves. But Williem Dafoe is a terrific actor. So I enjoyed it. Maybe this is just one of those movies for me that I hate that everyone else likes.....like top gun or the sum of all fears.

Thinking about this I do remember a few neat scenes from it.

1) "You can't get off if you never get on"-Mary Jane.....funny line
2) Spiderman getting his shit ruined by falling and hurting his back.
3) When he slid on the road chasing the train.

Thats it.

Also, whats the point of him wearing his mask now? So many people know who he is. Kinda defeats the purpose....But anywho, I liked X2, the original spider man, and ever the hulk more than this movie. If it weren't for me having a sence of humor making fun of the movie I would've been out like a log. But glad others enjoyed it, maybe I had high hopes. Or maybe not. O well not a big deal.

p.s. Collecting comic books doesn't make you pathetic in the least. 10 years-40 years. I meant that these grown men sit there and talk about star trek and play gameboy advances. I consider myself a nerd to alot of extenses but these people were just too much. You get the picture.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
ryan

it was alright. entertaining, yes, but is it something incredible? not really.

overall, it was a pretty good movie. there were parts i thought boring, but it was worth the $6.25 ticket.

X2 gets my vote as the best comic book movie to date.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:14 PM   #16
danny cool
Newcomer

right then il see shrek to insted fanx for the advanced warning
Old 01-07-2004, 05:43 PM   Officer #17
Renegade
Stock Boy

I'm kinda skeptical about watching Spiderman 2 today. People, especially critics, have been raving it's the greatest superhero film of all time. Up to now, like others on the forum, X2 has my favorite superhero movie so far. I wasn't expecting much from X2 considering how lackluster the first one was hyped to be. But in the end, it surprised me how much it surpassed its predecessor. Like X2, I won't go into Spiderman 2 with really high hopes. Maybe this movie will surprise me also. Last time I had high hopes for a movie, I left the theater with a nasty taste in my mouth after watching The Hulk.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 09:56 PM   #18
Object Of Affection

So is spiderman 2 that bad??? mind it the first one wasn't much to write home about but kirsten dunst she makes the film.

Cos i was going to watch the special preview one we get cos i work at the cinema so we can watch when it comes in

So can't wait to get king arthur in
Old 01-07-2004, 10:20 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #19
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Ashlyn, I dispised the first Spider-Man, so I completely agree with you on that.

And I also agree with everyone who said they don't like Kirsten Dunst. I can't stand that girl...I want to slap her. Whoever said she has a sense of cockiness about her said it perfectly. The only thing I've ever liked her in was "Mona Lisa Smile" but I'm thinking thats because thats the closest to natural she can get as an actress.

As for Spider-Man 2, I'll see it but that's only because I see *everything*. I won't go on my own time though...I work projections at a movie theater so I'll watch it from there.

And lastly, I agree with the majority here who say their favorite superhero film is X2. I loved it, but I also really liked Daredevil, as forgettable as it was, and I'm excited for the sequel. I don't really get all excited about comic book movies because I prefer character driven, original stuff....but I'm *really* excited for Elektra. I read those comics way back when and am curious to see how they do the movie. After what happened to her in Daredevil, if I remember correctly, she becomes a prostitute and hitman. I don't know...Jennifer Garner doesn't strike me as the hooker/hitman type.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:26 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #20
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_West
like top gun or the sum of all fears.
Top Gun...GRRRRR...one of my favourite EVER films...loved it when I was growing up

Quote:
p.s. Collecting comic books doesn't make you pathetic in the least. 10 years-40 years. I meant that these grown men sit there and talk about star trek and play gameboy advances. I consider myself a nerd to alot of extenses but these people were just too much. You get the picture.
Yeah...sorry...I thought you were taking a pot shot and comic collectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
Ashlyn, I dispised the first Spider-Man, so I completely agree with you on that.
Yes...but you lack taste Only kidding

Quote:
And I also agree with everyone who said they don't like Kirsten Dunst. I can't stand that girl...I want to slap her. Whoever said she has a sense of cockiness about her said it perfectly.
Liked her in Interview when she was younger...but not since...she is purty though...mmmmmm...

Quote:
After what happened to her in Daredevil, if I remember correctly, she becomes a prostitute and hitman. I don't know...Jennifer Garner doesn't strike me as the hooker/hitman type.
I believe that's the case...oh I can imagine JG as a hooker <dreams>
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote