Need some advice/help.... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 03-10-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
johnnyboy

Need some advice/help....

I've been interested in this one girl in the grade above me for quite some time now. I don't see her that often throughout the day, as I have only one class with her. I try to talk to her as much as possible, in the morning before class starts, at her locker after classes end, playing tennis after school, etc, and I think we get along pretty well. Recently I went to Homecoming with her at our school, and it was a lot of fun. Afterwards, I've had this feeling of depression I can't seem to shake off. I'm constantly thinking of her. I really like her a lot, but the problem is I don't know what she thinks of me. I'm wondering whether I should bare my soul and tell her exactly how I feel and risk rejection or leave it alone and let it continue this way.

Any advice you could give me would be helpful...
Old 03-10-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
AureaMediocritas

Risk rejection , of course , you moron :P .
Old 03-10-2004, 03:38 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

You will kick yourself if you don't take the chance.
I went through the same thing when I was in college. I never regretted letting the one who broke my heart know, nearly as much as I regretted the one I never let know.
Okay, merry pranksters...pile on.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Ask her how she feels about you. Tell her how you feel about her. Simple.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:39 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #5
Foeni

I'm not a girl, but I must say, I agree with AureaMediocritas. You won't get her if you are afraid to tell her your feelings... I've tried that situation severel times, and it works better... You are not going to feel well before you've found out how she feels. If she rejects you, you'll feel like hell for some time, but it will pass... And after it's passed, you will feel a lot better...
Old 03-10-2004, 03:56 PM   Officer #6
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
You will kick yourself if you don't take the chance.
I went through the same thing when I was in college. I never regretted letting the one who broke my heart know, nearly as much as I regretted the one I never let know.
Okay, merry pranksters...pile on.
well i have to agree whit hasselbrad on this one, just say you like like her
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:59 PM   #7
NearokA

I wouldn't "bare my soul" after a few dates with her. Try and keep things light and funny. If you give her too much at one time, she'll be overwhelmed and you may scare her away. Yes, women do that. Men do it too. If you I were you, I'd look for more ways to be with her, like bumping her in the hallways and saying hello or going to the movies or eating some ice cream and drinking beer or asking her to be homework buddies. Whatever you kids do for fun.

And a little bit of cockiness never hurt. Don't overdo it, but having that extra arrogance will really boost your confidence. Women will laugh at you first because they think you're moronic, but then, they'll start laughing because they really enjoy it. Example: You could call her up and ask her to do something on the spot, you and me, to the movies in 5 minutes. Alright? I'll be waiting ouside your door. And don't ask it in a question form, make it a statement like you already know she's going to say yes. Now, if she replies something lame like I have to do some homework, then reply with something cocky but not over-the-top like, Baby, I'm more fun then your homework will ever be. Come with me! And add a little baby talk, peease? (I prefer them higher pitched than your normal voice but I don't know how you do baby talk). Two things to look for: If she still says no but reschedules, she really likes you (she went out of her way) and you didnt even need to ask her. If she says yes, that means she has a high probability of liking you but still could have some doubt. If she just says no and offers nothing, then she has mixed feelings to you.

Anyway, after being with her for about a month, you may drop the question on her and ask her what she thinks of the relationship or you may gather the balls to tell her you like her. Alternatively, you could do it with subtle steps. For instance: one date you could brush her shoulders and arms. Another date you could touch her face and brush her hair with your fingers. Another date you could hold her hand. Another date you could kiss her cheeks and finally you could just grab her out of the blue and kiss her on the lips. These are steps so if she has no interest in you, she'll stop you before you reach the final step. This way, you don't have to ask her, just watch her body language.

It's hard because you omitted lots of details of your relationship with her. So I just wrote a general reply. I hope it helps.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #8
MeggieHoops
Will Flash for Cash

Go for it man. You'll regret it if you don't.

And from what it sounds like, I don't think you'd lose her friendship if she rejected you...so technically you don't have anything to lose here.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:52 AM   Officer #9
Ashlyn
Militia Lieutenant

yeah definitely tell her. if you dont you will always wonder what could have been. and what happens if you die tomorrow? she'll never know how you felt.. its better to tell her and get rejected than spend your time moping round depressed wondering what could have been.

ps: sorry for saying you were gonna die
Ashlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:26 AM   Officer #10
DragonRat
Officer

Or you could always ask her friends. Most likely, she'd be somewhat guarded, when it comes to revealing her feelings to you, and more often than not (though it is rare), she'll be somewhat taken aback by your sudden expression of affection. If you have the guts, then you should ask her somewhere private - like walking her home or after studying together or summat - so she knows that 1) it's important to you, and 2) neither of you can cause a public disturbance.

Or if not, ask her friends. Even if you don't hang around them, if they recognize you, then they know something is up. If she's guarded, there is still at least one or two people she trusts with her feelings (her girl mates), and those one or two are the persons to ask. One could consider this option rather cowardly, but I think it's a rather easy step to take. One, you're not talking to her, so butterflies won't necessarily start up. Two, at least you'll find out where you stand; if they're trustworthy and know you're being forthright and sincere, then they'll have the decency to tell you the truth (instead of being bitches). Three, if you haven't ingratiated yourself to her friends, that's the chance to do so, and one knows that a good way to a girl's heart is through her friends.

But whatever. Like many personalities, no matter how much advice one gives to another, that other will still do whatever they want.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 07:38 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #11
peach

I think you should tell her, like everyone else has said here you would regret it if you didn't. If she doesn't feel the same for you she would probably feel flattered. I would atleast. If she doesn't have feelings for you It doesn't have to be because of you, it could be just because she doesn't know you enough.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:55 AM   #12
johnnyboy

Well, I told her, and it all went well, she likes me too...after that we kissed and hung out for about 2 hours in my backyard, and I'm very happy, thanks guys, you've helped, a lot
Old 09-10-2004, 03:56 AM   Officer #13
Ashlyn
Militia Lieutenant

*tear* that's fantastic! yay!
Ashlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

*cheers for johnnyboy* Go you!

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:10 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #15
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Did you get to feel her boobies?
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 12:46 PM   #16
johnnyboy

You just ruined the good direction this thread had, poggs, thanks

Edit: to answer the qestion - no
Old 09-10-2004, 02:32 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy
You just ruined the good direction this thread had, poggs, thanks
You didn't answer his question...
Old 09-10-2004, 04:20 PM   #18
NearokA

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
Did you get to feel her boobies?
Poggs! Shame on you! lol. You don't date tweens for sex. You date them to understand women a bit and maybe have some companionship.

If you want sex, you date the women 25 and older. That's where the fun's at. Because those women, Wooo!, they know no sexual boundaries and they are very secure about themselves and you might even find a few that are finacially stable. Play the role reversal right, and she can be your sugar mama! lol. I for one, enjoy being pampered by women. But that's just me. What can I say, I'm a love machine.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:08 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #19
Foeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearokA
Poggs! Shame on you! lol. You don't date tweens for sex. You date them to understand women a bit and maybe have some companionship.
Depends on how old you are! I date teens to get sex! That's, of course, not the only reason, but I still wouldn't mind the sex part... :P