keira looks different in reality - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 28-09-2004, 09:32 PM   #1
lucy
Newcomer

keira looks different in reality

i met keira recently while she was filming p and p in my village. and shes so dainty and small.
she looked every inch the movie star though! she had one hell of a strut!
when i looked at her face to face i had to think twice about whether it was her!
she looks very very young and shes very sweet.
nice to know that i was brought up in the village where the most intense parts of the new film were filmed!
she had great boots on though! considering she was wearing early nineteenth dress she had a really cool pair of yellow chelsea boots on!
lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2004, 10:38 PM   #2
GuinevereLover

Cool Cool

That must have been cool to meet her in person . Actually there were reports from the set of how she got friendly with some of the locals . People say the same thing about Natalie Portman being much smaller in person than she appears to be on screen.

Darn I'm so Jealous of you I'd love to meet Keira! I think most people here would (and the guys for a very different reason than the girls )
GuinevereLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2004, 11:05 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Exactley what I was thinking-it's one thing to see someone on a 100 foot (or 20")screen, but completely different in real-life.
...not that I would no or anything;P
Old 29-09-2004, 02:40 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

how tall?

How tall is jamie then, because in all of their pics, he isn't that much bigger than her...
Old 29-09-2004, 03:06 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #5
Foeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuinevereLover
Darn I'm so Jealous of you I'd love to meet Keira! I think most people here would (and the guys for a very different reason than the girls )
Hehe.. Aren't you making us guys look badder than we are?? Sure she's beautiful, but her beeing sexy isn't the only reason.. I think our reason are very much alike girls' reasons (some exceptions, I know )

I WOULD KILL TO MEET KEIRA
Old 29-09-2004, 08:47 PM   #6
keiracaleb

lucy, you dont' happen to live in weekley do you? only thats where i got her autograph (didn't meet her she had a headach so being in the sun too much probably made it worse and it was really sunny).
Jackhe's fine just like i promised she's all set to marry norrington just like she promised and you get to die for her just like you promised so really we're all men of our word exept elizabeth who is in fact a woman.

Keira(blooper on POTC after accepting norringotn's proposal)hall i shop for something to wear? Or will it be bare breast and ankles all the way?
keiracaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2004, 10:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
Elijahfan

awesome! that's so cool you got to meet her. i guess i would probably have the same reaction too (with the whole height thing) but then again any movie star would be taller than me since i am only 5 ft. hollywood really likes to choose taller people though, at least for men, i know the average height is around 6 ft. i'd stay keira is average normal height or a little shorter for the people i know, she's 5'7" i believe. back on topic, any pictures?

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2004, 10:27 PM   #8
lucy
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiracaleb
lucy, you dont' happen to live in weekley do you? only thats where i got her autograph (didn't meet her she had a headach so being in the sun too much probably made it worse and it was really sunny).
hi there yes i do live in weekley!
look up my post in "movies-pride and prejudice" last post
it tells you about my experience at weekley!
love and hugs to ya
the alms house where they filmed used to belong to lady scott who is brother to the duke who by the way got paid 70,000 for three days filming!
i used to play in the almshouse! we went up there last week and there is a skip outside it full of film set stuff! thats where i got my column from the archway they made! got to meet the crew etc and also by a freak wind managed to obtain a copy of the filming schedule!;it blew out of the electrians lorry!
Old 29-09-2004, 10:30 PM   #9
lucy
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahfan
awesome! that's so cool you got to meet her. i guess i would probably have the same reaction too (with the whole height thing) but then again any movie star would be taller than me since i am only 5 ft. hollywood really likes to choose taller people though, at least for men, i know the average height is around 6 ft. i'd stay keira is average normal height or a little shorter for the people i know, she's 5'7" i believe. back on topic, any pictures?
shes no way near 5'7, im 5'6 and when i met her she was only about 5ft and very slim! she had very very long hair and was full of attitude!
love her!
x
Old 29-09-2004, 10:35 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I take it she wore high-heels when her hight was taken.
Old 29-09-2004, 10:57 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
Elijahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy
shes no way near 5'7, im 5'6 and when i met her she was only about 5ft and very slim! she had very very long hair and was full of attitude!
love her!
x
odd i always thought she was taller, well i mean she sorta has to be...in pictures when she's walking with jamie where she's not wearing heels that would make him really short for a model, which is not a quality in models. this is confusing me....anyone know for sure?

awesome anyway. i would love to see how she walks...totally try and copy it!

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 12:37 AM   #12
IeatDogs

Noway she is 5 foot, maybe 5'5'' or 5'3''. If she's 5'0'' that other chick from BILB must be legally a midget. I also thought if she was the same height as ORlando Bloom and Johnny Depp in POTC she couldn't be 5'0'' because I don't think they make 12'' heels(plus we would have noticed them because she would have looked like a stripper).
Old 30-09-2004, 04:08 AM   #13
meegaan1

I envy thee!
meegaan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #14
Edward

a lot of interviews said she was 5ft7...anyway

nice lucy, any pics? did you get her autograph?
Old 30-09-2004, 04:54 PM   #15
Narzys

Yes it's very Funny... the two biggest / greatest actresses of this time: Natalie and Keira are both very small .

steenbergenja@hotmail.com
Narzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 07:02 PM   #16
keiracaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy
hi there yes i do live in weekley!
look up my post in "movies-pride and prejudice" last post
it tells you about my experience at weekley!
love and hugs to ya
the alms house where they filmed used to belong to lady scott who is brother to the duke who by the way got paid 70,000 for three days filming!
i used to play in the almshouse! we went up there last week and there is a skip outside it full of film set stuff! thats where i got my column from the archway they made! got to meet the crew etc and also by a freak wind managed to obtain a copy of the filming schedule!;it blew out of the electrians lorry!
i can't beleave they knocked that war memorial off of that popst, i only found out when i was at weekley, i may have seen you, i was wearing a red t-shirt with a black lion on one side, i have long sandy brown hair and i was holding 2 magazine covers and there was a gold coloured grey hound and 2 children one girl and one boy where always over at it (we were looking after it) i was the girl, my brother was the boy. if you saw us, it'd be nice to tlak about what we saw in weekley, because i have yet to tlak to someone else who was in weekley on that day exept you. x
Jackhe's fine just like i promised she's all set to marry norrington just like she promised and you get to die for her just like you promised so really we're all men of our word exept elizabeth who is in fact a woman.

Keira(blooper on POTC after accepting norringotn's proposal)hall i shop for something to wear? Or will it be bare breast and ankles all the way?
keiracaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 08:29 PM   #17
lucy
Newcomer

weekley

we were up there on friday evening on the last day of filming. were you standing around near a lorry by the village hall.?
i was there with my hubby and two young kids we had moved on to the film set but was asked to move cos it was getting dark and they were filming inside the old almshouse?
there wasnt many of us up there was there?
im not sure if i remember you but i do remember an old golden retriever who was standing around!
love and hugs
Old 30-09-2004, 08:32 PM   #18
lucy
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahfan
odd i always thought she was taller, well i mean she sorta has to be...in pictures when she's walking with jamie where she's not wearing heels that would make him really short for a model, which is not a quality in models. this is confusing me....anyone know for sure?

awesome anyway. i would love to see how she walks...totally try and copy it!
hi there!
i would say that she was about 5,3-4
you must understand that i was preety awe struck when she walked up to me and my little girl but she was definetely shorter than me and im 5,6 shes very very naturally preety and dainty
love and hugs
Old 30-09-2004, 11:16 PM   #19
Vienne

You know, this whole height issue has me quite perplexed. Honestly, I know it's quite shallow and unimportant, but I can't help myself, I'm being a bit of a Fangirl, here. In most pictures I've seen she looks fairly tall for a female, but, in a couple she does seem rather short. For example, have a look at this photo taken at the KA premiere:

http://www.kkwavefront.org/media/alb...5/DSC_0956.JPG

She appears to be at least three inches shorter than Ioan whom appears considerably shorter than Clive. And, judging from another photo from the same batch, her shoes have about three and a half to four inch heels.

Although, she seems very tall standing next to Orlando and Jamie, looking only slightly shorter than them... This is going to make me sound like a total jerk, but are you absolutely sure it was actually Keira Knightley?

Would a major KK expert be so kind as to help us out, here?

~Vienne

PS. Hello! I've been lurking on KKWavefront since June '03, and I've finally decided to use the keyboard.
Old 30-09-2004, 11:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #20
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienne
You know, this whole height issue has me quite perplexed. Honestly, I know it's quite shallow and unimportant, but I can't help myself, I'm being a bit of a Fangirl, here. In most pictures I've seen she looks fairly tall for a female, but, in a couple she does seem rather short. For example, have a look at this photo taken at the KA premiere:

http://www.kkwavefront.org/media/alb...5/DSC_0956.JPG

She appears to be at least three inches shorter than Ioan whom appears considerably shorter than Clive. And, judging from another photo from the same batch, her shoes have about three and a half to four inch heels.

Although, she seems very tall standing next to Orlando and Jamie, looking only slightly shorter than them... This is going to make me sound like a total jerk, but are you absolutely sure it was actually Keira Knightley?

Would a major KK expert be so kind as to help us out, here?
Interesting points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienne

PS. Hello! I've been lurking on KKWavefront since June '03, and I've finally decided to use the keyboard.
Wow, so you know all our personalities, but never posted? Scccaaarry. :P Welcome, and please post as much as possible. Become a regular.

On Topic: I believe she's 5'7", mainly because of BiLB. I thought she was 6 feet tall when I saw that film.