The End has Come - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 28-09-2004, 01:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #1
frodo1511
Pin Dick

The End has Come

Ok, USA Today stated, uh, today, that the Return of the King Extended Edition will be released on December 14, complete with a whopping 50 minutes of never-before-seen footage streamed into the theatrical cut. That brings the total runtime to a massive 4 hours, 20 minutes.

2 questions: Who's getting it, and who got suckered into buying the DVD way back in May?

aye and aye for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lotr3_collectordvd.jpg (58.9 KB, 185 views)
Old 28-09-2004, 01:06 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I'll buy the 807 disc collection with all 3 movies and extra footage and the Hobbit for a whopping 634 dollars and 63 cents in a year. I don't have money, so it'll have to wait.

And you would say "I and I" as your answer to your own question. "Yes" is not an acceptional answer to the question "Who will buy...?" You must stay awake next time in English Frodo. Your education system is sorely lacking.
Old 28-09-2004, 01:09 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Doth my english bother you?
My english teacher is bipolar, so I can't pay attention in her class, it's physically impossible. My grammer will suck this year.

Fine, I'll change my answer to the Scottish variety.
Old 28-09-2004, 01:17 AM   Senior Registered Member #4
Spire
InSpire Me

I will. I'm a huge LotR nut. I've bought the Theatrical DVD's and Extended DVD's for both FotR and TTT. I bought both the Widescreen and Fullscreen versions of all three Theatrical DVD's. I always hop by Wal-Mart at midnight to pick them up on release day. I own the special editions on all 3 soundtracks as well, and have over 20 different Tolkien related books, including 3 different sets of the trilogy (paperback, hardcover Centennial edition, and hardcover leatherbound edition). Needless to say, I'm a huge freak.
Old 28-09-2004, 01:28 AM   #5
johnnyboy

Huge doesnt even begin to describe your obsession... :err:
Old 28-09-2004, 01:44 AM   Senior Registered Member #6
ryan

owning both regular DVD and extended is alright (due to the gap between when both are released), but owning the wide and full screen of anything is just a plain waste of money
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2004, 02:08 AM   Senior Registered Member #7
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
but owning the wide and full screen of anything is just a plain waste of money
Agreed. Everyone should buy widescreen, if offered.

As for LoTR... no. It's gonna cost too much. I'm not a fan, so I'll rent.
Old 28-09-2004, 06:24 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #8
Leonie
Elle

My friend will probably buy the fancy one, and I'll borrow it, to make my sister happy. I can't be bothered really. Do I like the films? Yes. Do I love the films. Not necessarily. The Return of the King was the first LOTR film I watched in the cinema. Go on, point and laugh, you know you want to
Old 28-09-2004, 09:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #9
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I haven't seen any of the LOTR movies still. Never found the plot interesting. But hey, if you're obessesed with it, go and buy every little additional DVD they're willing to put out until the cash cow that is LOTR is exhausted (never).

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2004, 09:24 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #10
peach

Its' kinda in the same way for me, at first I didn't want to watch them because those movies doesn't realy interest me. Me sister however watched the first on television and liked it so she said I had to see it. There I was watching them and they were good actually but I will not bye them or watch them again. My sister have seen them tvice now I think. Usually we like the same thing but this time she surprise me.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2004, 09:38 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

I'll be picking it up since I did not buy RotK yet.
Old 28-09-2004, 08:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #12
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yeah, I've got both versions, theatrical and EE, of the first two, simply because I couldn't wait 3 more months between releases. Besides, I'm a big LOTR nut myself, and found the movies exactley what I invisioned when I read the books.
Old 29-09-2004, 10:07 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #13
Liam
Bogan Elite

And here I was thinking this was an interesting thread on the apocalypse.

Carry on.
Old 29-09-2004, 10:37 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
And here I was thinking this was an interesting thread on the apocalypse.

Just a fitting title to the end of a great trilogy. Sorry for the confusion.

BTW, Just to confirm, there will be two kinds of super-uber EE's: One will have a minas tirith model, which opens up to store shit inside, the other will contain a replica of minas morgal, take your pick.
Old 29-09-2004, 10:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Elijahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
2 questions: Who's getting it, and who got suckered into buying the DVD way back in May?

aye and aye for me.
i did, i love having both, i'm a lotr person, well some would say i'm a freak but i've got friends who are way worse than me, people describe them as "painly obsessed", it's funny. but i'm missing the fotr theaterical version, and i do have 3 copies of ttt, the special and normal and a boot leg of the one sent to the academy awards, my most prized (it says please consider). my cousin got it for me way before it came out on dvd, i dont like boot leg copies at all, i love the originals for the case and everything but it makes me broke. i felt guitly about getting the ttt bootleg but i love lotr so much i knew i was going to get the other versions anyway. which kinda makes me feel like a sucker but it's only for lotr.

edit: i dont have enough money to play for the special edition packs, where it cames wit the statues and other memerable stuff. it makes me sad....
also my friend went to see each lotr movie more then 10 times, and after each one she had to top her record with the next. and she has a shrine, but it's pretty fucking awesome, just a whole wall and book self, she has tons of sets of the books, and magazines plus foreign ones, action figures, cups. i am jealous....

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2004, 12:59 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Get the rocks ready...

...I've not seen a single one of these movies. Nor, read the books.
**ducks head**
Old 30-09-2004, 03:20 PM   #17
Keyser_so_so

I am pleased and proud to say that every year I've managed to hold out until the awesome Extended Edition arrives... It always takes me just under a year to finish all the extra features, anyway!

Roll on those magical 4 hours and 20 minutes, come December!
Old 01-10-2004, 04:43 AM   #18
Luthien
Newcomer

Oh, ME!!! I'm buying it. Mine's already on order!! and I'm having a HUGE party at my house, watching all three extended ones in a row, with my Tolkien Club, and we're going to quote with characters, make fun of Orlando Bloom, complain about left-out bits, attempt some fencing with sticks, probably kill someone with sticks, eat popcorn, and of course have some deeper discussions about who the real main character is, Frodo's failure, is Gollum/Smeagol bad or not, and such...basically have an all around great time.

Just out of curiosity, why on earth are they waiting for December? all other EE's came out in November! making me wait a whole extra month... *grumble* 't'will be worth the wait, though. I really want to see the Houses of Healing, and Saruman's death. (Both of which Peter Jackson promised.)

by the way, just to make you jelous, Howard Shore is comming to my hometown, conducting a Lord of the Rings symphony. I'm going to see it, and try to get to meet him personally. I can't wait.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/TheRoleplayingHaven/index.php?act=idx
^my other friend's forum...join if you like Roleplaying!
Luthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:50 AM   Officer #19
Mags
Officer

that sounds...killer...an extended edition viewing party of all three movies that is. I went with some friends last Christmas when a theater in Houston was showing the EE of The Two Towers...I could barely walk by the end and my bladder was ready to declare war on the rest of my body. It's incredibly long, even though I did very much enjoy the extra scenes.

I might rent the EE of ROTK, just because I so loved the book and I completely missed a TON of the stuff they took out. Like Luthien said, The Houses of Healing, and I really want to see if the Scouring of the Shire s in there. That was one of my favorite parts of the book, and I couldn't believe they took it out.

However, I'm currently spending all my money funding frauds on Ebay (I bought something, it's been more than two weeks and nothing, I'm pissed) and I don't have the money to be shelling out for the EE, especially as I already have the regular.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 01:17 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #20
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

I won't be buying th eextended editions, my girlfriend will be doing that to complete her EE collection, it would be rude of me to buy it, honest.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote