Supersize Me - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 29-09-2004, 12:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #21
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Democracy in action is beautiful (except when fat people are voting).
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2004, 01:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
and started bringing in 'the healthier choice' a collection of salads, some of which actually contain more calories and additives than the burgers themselves.
Not true, we had the healthy choice options along time before that movie was talked about.

Quote:
As unpleasant for it is for me to even imagine such a thing, there are people less intelligent than yourself who need to be shocked into not eating crap, and thus perpetuating the fast food companies grip on the rising obesity market.
Nice one, considering you don’t even know me, but anyway... if their are people who need to be shocked into not eating crap, these people also require a cyanide pill, I realise common sense isn’t common, but what the fuck. Is society catering for the lowest common denominator, it clearly is, to you I might not be a "intellectual powerhouse", but im quite cluey on most things. It just shits me when people in places of authority compile to people with close to no brain.

"Goverments and food companies have a obligation to keep the population healthy"

Only to look good in the public eye, quite sad really, appealing to the sheep. Its not an obligation, they choose to do it, to get themselves more votes/customers.
Old 29-09-2004, 02:59 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #23
acliff
llama llama duck

Let me rephrase:

Goverments and food companies *should* have an obligation to serve healthy food, and not in essense deceive or cover up the fact that their food is unhealthy.
Even if only for voting or publicity purposes, at least people are getting better food.
Old 29-09-2004, 03:13 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #24
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Let me rephrase:

Goverments and food companies *should* have an obligation to serve healthy food, and not in essense deceive or cover up the fact that their food is unhealthy.
Even if only for voting or publicity purposes, at least people are getting better food.
Uh...I disagree. If people are too stupid to realize that "food products" that leave a greasy "snail trail" on the wrapper they came in...let alone the fact that the aforementioned "food products" came wrapped in paper...are unhealthy, well then they deserve the fate dealt them by Mc Donalds.
I'm not saying I always choose the healthier option, Lord knows I love a good double cheeseburger, layered in bacon, but I understand that it's not as healthy as a salad. I am a fat fuck because I make bad choices. I am not a fat fuck because Mc Donalds has deceived me.
Old 29-09-2004, 05:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #25
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

McDonalds

I completely agree with brad on this one. No one ever forces someone to eat McDonalds (unless there is torture involved). Yes, it is very convenient to run into a McD's and grab a little Big Mac. But what do we pay for the most in our lives?

Convenience.

Its just that in this case, we don't pay cash for the convenience of eating fast food. We pay with the linings of our arteries and the condition of our intestines.

A little exercise never hurt anyone...Its only recently that this "fat" epidemic has come around. In the "old days", many people did manual labor, which kept this problem to a minimum. Today's problem comes from sitting too much and watching TV or the KKW forum...

Go out and run around Jacoby...
Old 30-09-2004, 10:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #26
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Good movie.

The thing that stood out the most was what the french lady said at the start of the movie. That was the smallest size at McDonalds in the US was as big as the largest size in Frace. Now McDonalds food is all crap, but portion size + lack of exercise has a lot to do with why Americans are so fat.
Old 30-09-2004, 10:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #27
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC
Good movie.

The thing that stood out the most was what the french lady said at the start of the movie. That was the smallest size at McDonalds in the US was as big as the largest size in Frace.
So if you order a small fry in France, they give you a single fry? Eff it, I don't care if majority of my nation is fat..I love fries. I'd like to see this movie.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 PM   #28
Object Of Affection

This movie is brill! (haven't got it at our cinema yet but oh well i've seen :P)

Yep are large meals are about the size of your medium meals.

I like the part in the film where that bloke explains that its all right to tell someone in a resturant to stop smoking but when does it become all right to turn around and say "hey your to FAT stop eating" And the part where morgan visits a school and holds up thoses pictures of certain people and the kids all get the ronald macdonald picture but not a single one can identify the picture of jesus christ LMAO!

15 years time USA you shall have support from us brits in becoming fat bastards!
Old 02-10-2004, 08:55 PM   First Class Member Officer #29
Sarah
Nice

The film just seems stupid to me... Anyone who just eats McDonnalds all the time deserves to get fat and unhealthy.

Junk food can be a part of a healthy diet - if eaten rarely. If two stupid, fat, greedy girls tried to sue McDonnalds, then, well, they're just stupid. It was THEIR CHOICE to eat the frigging stuff all the time, so its THEIR fault they're unhealthy.

I mean, for goodness sake, its common sense.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 09:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #30
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
The film just seems stupid to me... Anyone who just eats McDonnalds all the time deserves to get fat and unhealthy.

Junk food can be a part of a healthy diet - if eaten rarely. If two stupid, fat, greedy girls tried to sue McDonnalds, then, well, they're just stupid. It was THEIR CHOICE to eat the frigging stuff all the time, so its THEIR fault they're unhealthy.

I mean, for goodness sake, its common sense.
There was nicotine in the Big-Macs.

I had Mickey D's today, actually. Quarter-Pounder and some fries. So freaking good.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #31
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
I had Mickey D's today, actually. Quarter-Pounder and some fries. So freaking good.
How ironic, a thread about a movie in which the dude gets fat eating Mickey D's, and jake here happends to post that he ate lunch there.

...I had Taco Bell, if it's any consolation.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:33 PM   Senior Registered Member #32
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

The Taco Bell meat is the equivalent of the meat in canned dog food.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #33
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC
The Taco Bell meat is the equivalent of the meat in canned dog food.
Must be why it taste's so good.

Anyway, still haven't seen it, maby when it hit's HBO, I dunno
Old 02-10-2004, 11:38 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

McDyce

I went to McDonald's last night, and got my regular, Big Mac meal w/ Sprite.

I was very pleased to see that they have lowered the price of the value meal, it now costs $3.99 after tax.

Even though the sandwich itself tastes worse than the box it comes in, I still get it every single time...
Old 03-10-2004, 02:41 AM   #35
Jasper

Anyone who says Taco Bell is nasty should die.
"You know that with-holding evidence from a federal officer is a serious crime. Especially when that officer has paid handsomely for that evidence, and wouldn't think twice of ripping that patch off your eyehole and skull fucking you to death."
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #36
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Taco Bell should die.

I was traumatized for life when I went there with a friend a few years back and there was a fake finger nail in the nachos.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #37
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Mmm McDonalds... There should be more fast food companies, Maccas is trying to rip Aussies off. Eat fast food, it might not be good for you, but hey, its fast. Now to argue around...

Narg: What??? Did you ever hear of Salads Plus before the movie came out? I concede, I don't know if they did put it out before the movie, due to health organizations placing restrictions. However, it is obvious because of the movie, McDonalds has had to spew out ads onto the television and radio. Old Maccas ads would just have people dancing around eating french fries and Big Macs. Now, they've got old people eating salads and other items from the salad plus range. This sprigs another problem, so what if they do offer Salads Plus? Obesity is hitting children and adolescents. However, all ads point to old people eating it. And thus, you never see a kid eating a salad. Or eat a crispy lean chicken burger or whatever else they've got now, instead of the old McChicken burger. Cliff is fully right about the marketing issue in McDonalds. They aren't stupid enough to let one movie damage their image.

Anyway about the movie, good for that freak. Gets morons to wonder whether to eat McDonalds... then eat it anyway.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:15 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #38
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

I dont know who the hell you're trying to impress. Sad fact of the matter is that McDonalds food tastes really GOOD - that's why you get it - because it tastes good. It might be shit, but it's tasty shit.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:29 AM   Senior Registered Member #39
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

It is shit and tastes like shit here. Might be different in other countires.
Old 03-10-2004, 09:44 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #40
acliff
llama llama duck

I don't think it tastes good at all.
Well thats untrue, it pleasures the tastebuds, but knowing that I'm chowing down heartstopping amounts of grease and preservatives and empty calories stops it from being enjoyable.
Besides 4 quid for a meal is too much for a quick meal, considering that with a McDonalds I end up being hungry within the hour anyway.

Which is why I haven't eaten in McDonalds, Burger King or the like (I may have gone to kfc or subway a couple of times) for over a year.