Wish us luck - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 26-09-2004, 02:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #21
Narg
Westie Yobbo

we lost. The tournament organisers were quite sick of us winning newcastle - counter-strike for the last 3 or so years. It showed.

Wrap up of what happened: (only read if u know about cs)

As for the tournament it was pathetic. Certain rules werent inforced for certain teams, freezetime was wrong, no hltvs incase of bugs being used, one game the tournament organiser decided to make mr6 and the final which was between rdmsus and 4n20 was on nuke which they played each other on the round before. Thanks to the slut team kiss - wok steveirwin calais autopsy diehard for traveling up from sydney to knock us out then leave, atleast u helped make up the numbers and pay for 4n20's train ride up the street(autoberth). Glad to see atleast one full newcastle team going even if the berth was given to them by the slut team who served their purpose and left.

in short - team from sydney came to our regional qualifier just to knock us out for a personal favour and personal reasons, then forfieting strait after we are out, hence knocking 2 of the best teams out, hence letting the only good team left win, and the team who came 2nd, not even playing us, and getting owned in the finals, but still making it past regional.
Old 26-09-2004, 02:23 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Good luck if you plan to move to some yobbo town to kill those inferiors.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2004, 02:54 PM   Senior Registered Member #23
frodo1511
Pin Dick

nice try narg, we feel for ya. What place did you come in?
Yup, our tourny is in a couple weeks, followed by a midnight 32 player LAN of Halo 2 on it's midnight release, just to see how different the gameplay is from the original.
Old 26-09-2004, 02:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
followed by a midnight 32 player LAN of Halo 2 on it's midnight release, just to see how different the gameplay is from the original.
Don't you love the extreme feeling of hunger and thirst during those things? I usually go 15-16 hours without food, but it's still great. Then I eat an entire box of pizza. But still, hopefully I can attend one of those bad-boys.
Old 26-09-2004, 03:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #25
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Don't you love the extreme feeling of hunger and thirst during those things? I usually go 15-16 hours without food, but it's still great. Then I eat an entire box of pizza. But still, hopefully I can attend one of those bad-boys.
Yeah, it's fun, since your running on pure adrenaline, so food can wait(unless it's a racing game your playing, I can't sit through a long one of those) I think we'll order pizza while we're playing, and drink Bawls, if you know what that is(I'm sure Narg does)

Anyway, watching FPS is way more exciting than RTS
Old 26-09-2004, 04:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #26
Spire
InSpire Me

Oh, I get hungry and thirsty all the time during Halo. Smash Brothers is another matter. Our Halo tournies (haven't had one in awhile, everybody's sick of them) usually feature massive amounts of pizza and Mountain Dew. During Smash Brothers tournies, we rarely have time for food or drink, since everything is at such a frenzied level.
Old 26-09-2004, 05:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #27
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
and drink Bawls, if you know what that is(I'm sure Narg does)
WTF. Is Bawls like the videogame drink. I doesn't taste that bad, though. I like Bawls.
Old 26-09-2004, 08:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #28
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Bawls is quite refreshing, It's just as good of a substitute as Mountain Dew/Coke.

spire: SSBM tourneys are really fun, and fast. I had one a couple months ago, lasted 6 hours, and was a blast. Unfortunatley, noone had the brains to bring a 20+in. screen to play on. Whenever you have 4 people on opposite ends of the screen, it's hard to see where your character is.
Old 27-09-2004, 01:17 AM   Senior Registered Member #29
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Biggest lan i went too was ivLAN, it went for 3 days with somthing like 400+ people, i didnt sleep for 3 days, i only ate pizza and junk food, and drank Jolt! cola, it tastes like coke but has extreme amounts of caffene in it . My body felt like shit, i passed out on the back varanda at home of dehidration, it was a very stupid thing to do, one of my mates slept for about 15mins, woke up, and started walking around half asleep delerious, speaking to people he didnt know, asking them for their video cards so he could "dig a tunnel to the hex", he was fucked.

3 days with no sleep or decent food, i will never do it again, from now on i just sleep.. But this was my first big LAN, and i was so geared up for it.

( i think Liams been to this LAN :P )
Old 27-09-2004, 06:01 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #30
Liam
Bogan Elite

I have indeed.

I arrived, I saw they didnt play any good games, and I left.
After I leeched about 20GB. Hreh.
Old 27-09-2004, 06:18 PM   Senior Registered Member #31
frodo1511
Pin Dick

liam, you leacher I'm not inviting you to one of my LAN party's!

Any of you guys ever heard of Defcon here in the states? It's a convention of hackers who get together, show off there mods, and basically try to hack into anyone's unsuspecting computer. If I can find the pic, I'll show you all a Bluetooth Sniper Rifle someone made at the convention- it stole someone's wi-fi connection from a mile away.