The Hole - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 22-10-2004, 03:09 AM   Senior Registered Member #41
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipomoea
I dug up the actual review (yes, this makes me a total dork, I know...) from ciao.co.uk, and this is what was actually said:

The review in its entirety is here if anyone cares.
Ahhh. Thanks, Ipomoea.
I thought it would have been something more like, "Keira Knightley shouldn't have accepted the role. I was so angry at the cinema I fought an usher. Fighting an usher always gets a few pulses racing." You know, something completely fabricated. But, as you've shown us, it's legit! Horrah.

I heard this movie was bad...Perhaps I shall see it.
Old 22-10-2004, 05:44 AM   #42
bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Thanks for ruining the movie, Bob.
what, you're a keira fan who hasn't seen it? no you're right, i apologise. if it makes you feel any better, the graphic imagery will make up for the lack of suspense.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2004, 06:38 AM   Officer #43
DragonRat
Officer

It was excellent for that split second. The beauty of the Pause button.

But the movie was, in my opinion, a bit too contrived. Hell, once the story kept going after the first alibi, then I knew Thora Birch did it all. And the way she was amoral about it, it reminds me of every other existentially amoral psychopath on film.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #44
LoveKeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Ahhh. Thanks, Ipomoea.
I thought it would have been something more like, "Keira Knightley shouldn't have accepted the role. I was so angry at the cinema I fought an usher. Fighting an usher always gets a few pulses racing." You know, something completely fabricated. But, as you've shown us, it's legit! Horrah.

I heard this movie was bad...Perhaps I shall see it.
It wasn't a bad movie...it was quite good. I liked it.
AKA LoveKeria
LoveKeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2004, 11:12 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #45
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I'm going to have to disagree (what a surprise). Not only was it a pretty shit film (had potential, started well but the plot just became too contrived, as DR said, and you knew what'd happened before being shown it...so as Bob pointed out, severe lack of suspense) but even the sight of Miss Knightley's breasts for a split second wasn't enough to save it.

I'm going to be incredibly gay and say her performance was actually not too bad...then again...the other performances were so shoddy hers would seem oscar-worthy by comparison. Thora Birch especially was abysmal.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #46
LoveKeria

Yeah ok, I agree with you on the Thora Birch performance. However, not conceeding to the fact that it was actually an English film [half the reason i liked it - i quite like most english films] it was still a very good film. I really liked the story line, and i don't think it got complicated at all, more like it was just twisted and turned so we didn't know what was going to happen. I hate knowing what happens in films.

By the way i think its horrid to say that Keiras breasts didn't save the film. Poor girl.
AKA LoveKeria
Old 23-10-2004, 01:24 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #47
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKeria
Yeah ok, I agree with you on the Thora Birch performance. However, not conceeding to the fact that it was actually an English film [half the reason i liked it - i quite like most english films] it was still a very good film. I really liked the story line, and i don't think it got complicated at all, more like it was just twisted and turned so we didn't know what was going to happen. I hate knowing what happens in films.
I didn't say complicated. Said contrived...it was actually TOO simple, and TOO obvious what was going to happen...and I TOO hate knowing what happens...which is why I didn't like The Hole so much. It was transparent as glass.

Quote:
By the way i think its horrid to say that Keiras breasts didn't save the film. Poor girl.
Better to say they DID? I would LIKE to think an actress would be offended to hear her breasts saved a film from being shit.
Old 23-10-2004, 01:59 AM   #48
bob

well to make up for possibly offending her, they put her face on the cover. woopa!
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2004, 02:03 AM   #49
LoveKeria

I think its still mean. But if you wanna say it.

Haha, actually the Hole cover in Australia had Thora in front.
AKA LoveKeria
Old 23-10-2004, 02:05 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #50
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
well to make up for possibly offending her, they put her face on the cover. woopa!
You make a valid point.

Quote:
I think its still mean. But if you wanna say it.
I do, and you're an idiot. Proven by the next comment...

Quote:
Haha, actually the Hole cover in Australia had Thora in front.
Errr...so did the cover everywhere else. This is a RE-RELEASE for the US with Keira on the cover. Kindly read up and comprehend old posts before replying, eh? Thanks...
Old 23-10-2004, 02:10 AM   #51
LoveKeria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
You make a valid point.

I do, and you're an idiot. Proven by the next comment...

Errr...so did the cover everywhere else. This is a RE-RELEASE for the US with Keira on the cover. Kindly read up and comprehend old posts before replying, eh? Thanks...
You can't say I'm an idiot in one post coz of another....:P Rude person. Anyway, well, we have no re-release...so there. Only cover i have ever seen for it. Plus...re-release cover or not. Its still a point that Thora was on it.
AKA LoveKeria
Old 23-10-2004, 02:15 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #52
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
You can't say I'm an idiot in one post coz of another....:P Rude person. Anyway, well, we have no re-release...so there. Only cover i have ever seen for it. Plus...re-release cover or not. Its still a point that Thora was on it.
Err...Thora was on ALL the original covers...so that's like stating the sky's blue. And yes, I said you're an idiot using the exact same post you'll find, just two snippets from it. And I stand by it.
Old 23-10-2004, 02:25 AM   #53
LoveKeria

Quote:
Err...Thora was on ALL the original covers...so that's like stating the sky's blue. And yes, I said you're an idiot using the exact same post you'll find, just two snippets from it. And I stand by it.
Well you do that. I'm not an idiot. Someone has to stick up for me, and it shall be me. We all have our blonde moments.
AKA LoveKeria
Old 23-10-2004, 02:26 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #54
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Well you do that. I'm not an idiot. Someone has to stick up for me, and it shall be me. We all have our blonde moments.
You must've been born in a vat of peroxide then
Old 23-10-2004, 02:30 AM   #55
LoveKeria

Quote:
You must've been born in a vat of peroxide then
Well i must have been...seeing as im so stupid and idiotic.
AKA LoveKeria
Old 23-10-2004, 03:01 AM   Senior Registered Member #56
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Well i must have been...seeing as im so stupid and idiotic.
Notice the "" sign, he means he's kidding. It's not wise to take EVERYTHING seriously on these boards, like jacoby's eyepatch, hazzle's good looks, etc... it's all fun and games.
Old 23-10-2004, 03:09 AM   #57
LoveKeria

Jacob has an eyepatch - [See I'm learning]
AKA LoveKeria
Old 23-10-2004, 05:45 AM   #58
dying to live

california

hey knightleynews, do u know about a california west-coast release of The Hole? Thanks
Old 23-10-2004, 05:52 AM   #59
dying to live

my bad.... Ipomea posted on keira watch "Just a reminder, today is the US release date of The Hole on video/DVD."

sweet i hope the stores have it.

Renegade EDIT: Edit button next time. It saves space...And looks pretty.
Old 23-10-2004, 04:17 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #60
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Notice the "" sign, he means he's kidding. It's not wise to take EVERYTHING seriously on these boards, like jacoby's eyepatch, hazzle's good looks, etc... it's all fun and games.
True that. Just introducing people to the banter, to the unique style of the Wavefront.