Star Wars - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 19-09-2004, 09:05 PM   First Class Member Officer #1
Sarah
Nice

Star Wars

Yes, its about time, the original trilogy is out on DVD tomorrow! I am very excited... yes, I'm a little geek when it comes to Star Wars.

Lets have a discussion about Star Wars... who is buying the box set!? You can buy it in 2 hours!

So, Star Wars Episodes IV, V AND VI. No I, II and III in here... well, perhaps just a little bit.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #2
Jasper

I must say that I am a huge Star Wars fan. I didn't like Episodes I, and II too much however.

I have probably seen IV, V, and VI about 100 times each. I used to know pretty much every line in the movies.

I won't be getting the box set, because... what's the point. There's not going to be too much new stuff added. My star wars addiction has pretty much gone away as well. I haven't seen any of the movies in a couple years now.

IV, V, and VI are still some of my favorite movies of all time though. I don't know really what else to discuss... so... I'll stop rambling.
"You know that with-holding evidence from a federal officer is a serious crime. Especially when that officer has paid handsomely for that evidence, and wouldn't think twice of ripping that patch off your eyehole and skull fucking you to death."
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 09:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I haven't seen any of the originals. I'm probably going to buy the box set. Wait, what am I saying? I don't have a job. I'm probably going to steal the box set.
Old 19-09-2004, 09:21 PM   Officer #4
Renegade
Stock Boy

Episode I was good. I liked it. Episode II was kinda iffy but the Yoda fight scene was awesome. IV, V, and VI are classics but unfortunately, I'm too poor to buy the box set. Maybe I'll buy it when the price lowers.

*It's only a matter of time until someone posts the fencing smiley. God, that smiley is fucking annoying!
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 09:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

I had them on DVD last year so it is unlikely that I will buy them tomorrow. But I do love the old Star Wars.
Old 19-09-2004, 10:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
ryan

I fucking love Star Wars.
I'm buying the DVDs as soon as I get off work Tuesday.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 10:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yup, there's a midnight release of the trilogy tommorow, and I'm in line, and watching all three right when I get home. Screw school for one of the greatest trilogy's ever made. Oh, BTW, check out the calender on KKW, I posted the release date for it!

Hey Jasper, there is a point into getting the trilogy: all 3 films are re-digitally mastered from the 1997 re-release, with extra effects: the lightsabers are better, explosions are crisper, and get this: in the Return of the Jedi, when Darth Vader takes off his helmat, instead of the bald guy from 1983, it's Hayden Christensen from the new trilogy
Plus, there is also a fourth disc packed with 5-7 hours of extra footage never before seen before, as well as a playable Xbox demo of the new Star Wars: Battlefront video game. 'nuff said.
Old 20-09-2004, 12:16 AM   #8
NearokA

Sarah, did you just post something? wow.

I'm not really for star wars. Star wars is like fantasy meets the future. It's like knights and goblins and that sort of thing in 4000 AD. Most of it is like magic and stuff. Although, empire strikes back was pretty cool. But that's really the only star wars movie I like. Obi Wan gets his ass kicked. Nice!

Star trek is more of my thing. Star trek is like science meets the future. Most of what's on star trek is an exaggeration of what could actually be. And I've always wanted to be an astronaut so traveling the stars in great big interplanetary vessels is very appealing to me. Plus, the klingons are the most badass alien races created ever!

I also really like the 4 alien movies. Alien has got to be the best sci-fi movie I've ever seen.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 12:22 AM   Officer #9
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
in the Return of the Jedi, when Darth Vader takes off his helmat, instead of the bald guy from 1983, it's Hayden Christensen from the new trilogy
Honestly, is this a joke?
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 01:14 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Honestly, is this a joke?
I don't think it is, Renegade. I've heard two stories on the take: The one I previously mentioned, or Vader's eyes will be changed from blue to brown, to match Christensen's. Either one is fair game.
Old 20-09-2004, 01:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Star Wars > Star Trek in everyway possible.
Old 20-09-2004, 01:38 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC
Star Wars > Star Trek in everyway possible.

No, star wars does kick ass, but im sorry, 3 good movies, and 2 shit movies cant compete with 5 tv series (each running for about 5+ years), and a plethora of movies. Of which almost all are good. Star Trek is great, if you have a brain and can use it.
Old 20-09-2004, 01:40 AM   Senior Registered Member #13
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yes, I do like Spock
Vulcans are gods.
Old 20-09-2004, 01:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #14
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I thought this was a Star Wars thread?

Sarah would kill you all if she saw what you're doing to her thread. Start a Trekkie thread. Trekkies.
Old 20-09-2004, 09:20 AM   First Class Member Officer #15
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
I don't think it is, Renegade. I've heard two stories on the take: The one I previously mentioned, or Vader's eyes will be changed from blue to brown, to match Christensen's. Either one is fair game.
Please tell me that its just the eyes! How STUPID would it look if it was Hayden Christensen's head!! Oh, I must watch it when I get back from college tonight.
Old 20-09-2004, 06:09 PM   #16
Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearokA
I'm not really for star wars. Star wars is like fantasy meets the future. It's like knights and goblins and that sort of thing in 4000 AD. Most of it is like magic and stuff.
"A long time ago... In a galaxy far, far away."
It was supposed to take place in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearokA
Although, empire strikes back was pretty cool. But that's really the only star wars movie I like. Obi Wan gets his ass kicked. Nice!
Obi Wan was dead in Empire Strikes back... He died in A New Hope.
"You know that with-holding evidence from a federal officer is a serious crime. Especially when that officer has paid handsomely for that evidence, and wouldn't think twice of ripping that patch off your eyehole and skull fucking you to death."
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 06:30 PM   First Class Member Officer #17
Sarah
Nice

OK... Its fantastic. I have tears in my eyes. If you don't want to read any spoilers about the new DVDs, then don't read on.

Overall, its amazing. I know a lot of people get stressed at Lucas for changing the ''original'' version, but its HIS VISION! This is the way he wants it, and, quite frankly, I am impressed. Once we have episode III, everythign will be one long, incredible, fantastic movie.

Now, the DVDs. The special effects have been touched up (again) and they are amazing.

I was deeply moved with Return of the Jedi. The ending is a tear jerker. We see all of the planets celebrating, including Naboo! (Whhhat? I thought it was going to be destroid in Episode III, clearly not) (Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't see Naboo celebrating in the 1997 re-release did we!? Or did we? I can't remember)

Now, as for the Hayden head thing. Well... when Vader's helmet is removed, thats still the same man that played Vader in the original... but the Hologram at the very end with Yoda and Obi-Wan.. is Hayden Christensen. BUT, before you scream in terror... it WORKS! it made me cry and I loved it.

The most noticable differences are:

1) Hayden at the end of ROTJ (Fantastic)
2) New Emperor in ESB (Yes!!! Thank you GL!)
3) New Jabba in ANH (Still looks shit)

Well done George Lucas... you are a God.

Last edited by Sarah; 20-09-2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old 20-09-2004, 06:32 PM   Senior Registered Member #18
Spire
InSpire Me

I love the Original Trilogy (the prequels are shit), ESB is my second favorite movie ever. I get the DVD set tomorrow, can't wait. I'm still extremely pissed that it's the Special Edition versions and not the originals, and the fact that he's changed even more in them. GL needs to die.
Old 20-09-2004, 06:35 PM   First Class Member Officer #19
Sarah
Nice

Spire... its George Lucas' vision. I have no complaints with it at all. He wants it to be told as one long story... I don't see why people are so pissed off. If you want the originals, you'll probably scream at the new DVD box set.
Old 20-09-2004, 06:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #20
Spire
InSpire Me

I don't want George Lucas's vision, I want the original trilogy that I fell in love with. He's trying to totally erase all memory of the original's, he won't let the originals be shown at film festivals, gone even so far as to delete the master copies. He's needs to be stopped, he's trying to erase film history. Frankly, everything he touches these days turns to shit. The prequels are total and complete garbage, and the special editions have their problems.