Are you ready for some football? (American) - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 14-09-2004, 12:51 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #21
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I must admit I've always admired the taping down of ears.
I played football on the offensive (and some defensive) lines. Nowadays, most lineman are 6' 5" and a bit over 300 lbs. Most on the D-line run a sub 5 second 40. American football, because of it's structured plays also leads to more ferocious impact because of blindside hits (see Eli Manning and Jeff Feagles) that aren't as common in other contact sports.
Doesn't really matter though...football, rugby...all pussies compared to hockey players. I honestly don't see how those guys do it. All of the impact at twice the speed...plus fighting. Hockey is becoming my favorite sport to watch.
Old 14-09-2004, 12:57 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #22
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

That's cos its the finest sport on earth. Now back on topic kiddies.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2004, 04:09 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #23
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Sort of on...

...sort of off topic. Does involve football though. Check out the quote.
Must have transferred from Florida State!

Old 14-09-2004, 10:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Well, on the topic of College football, I'm an avid Michigan fan, and am really pissed that they blew the game with Notre Dame last Saturday, it was supposed to be preety easy for them. Oh well, San Diego State this week, that can't turn out THAT bad
Old 14-09-2004, 10:19 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #25
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Well, on the topic of College football, I'm an avid Michigan fan, and am really pissed that they blew the game with Notre Dame last Saturday, it was supposed to be preety easy for them. Oh well, San Diego State this week, that can't turn out THAT bad
That was a shocker when I saw it come across the ticker. Didn't Notre Dame lose big to BYU?
I really enjoyed seeing Southern Miss beat Nebraska. They play us tough as hell every year, though, so it wasn't much of a surprise.
Troy State...beating Marshall and Missouri...that's a shock!
Old 15-09-2004, 12:19 AM   #26
slimgopey
Newcomer

WhoooO! Packers!
Old 15-09-2004, 05:52 AM   #27
Bait

been a Rams fan ever since they were in LA

*btw just as a side note when i was in australia i played rugby against some 11th graders and i was in 7th at the time...the teams were mixed and i have to say i loved it even though they didnt go easy on us and i got my ass handed to me :X
Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 12:54 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #28
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Things that have never happened...

...in college football.

http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...r_happened.htm
Old 16-09-2004, 01:56 AM   Officer #29
DragonRat
Officer

Well, I have no real goal set for my Niners' season. I just hope they win some games. They looked somewhat impressive against the Falcons, but they lost anyway. Their defense is again their better half (unlike it was the past two decades, where it has been the offense that has terrorized the opponents). I think we should also play Ken Dorsey over Tim Rattay next week; Dorsey looked rather poised.

As for college football, my Cal Golden Bears are 2-0, and ranked 10th in the nation overall. Too bad I was so hammered from sake-bombing that I was unable to actually watch the game live at the stadium.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2004, 03:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #30
Louie

The best college team is Florida State.

Oh and DR, the game with the Niners last week was a mess. Rattay was injured and he had to play because Dorsey and the other guy got injured. I have never seen that before.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2004, 04:11 AM   Officer #31
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie
Oh and DR, the game with the Niners last week was a mess. Rattay was injured and he had to play because Dorsey and the other guy got injured. I have never seen that before.
Yeah, now Rattay is sidelined for next week's game againt the Saints. Ken Dorsey will start. Risky move, but he needs the game-experience.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2004, 10:59 AM   Senior Registered Member #32
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie
The best college team is Florida State.
Florida State has so much talent this year but no QB.
Old 16-09-2004, 12:07 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #33
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
As for college football, my Cal Golden Bears are 2-0, and ranked 10th in the nation overall. Too bad I was so hammered from sake-bombing that I was unable to actually watch the game live at the stadium.
Are y'all still playing Southern Miss this weekend or did they just go ahead and reschedule? If the game is still on, you might want to hammer a little more sake. They just might up and beat y'all. Ask the Cornhuskers about Southern Miss...hell ask anyone about Southern Miss. Anytime...anywhere...gotta respect their attitude.
Old 16-09-2004, 10:40 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Hey, my grandfather went to Southern Miss, he hammers about it all the time to my dad, who went to Miss. State. I'm so happy that Nebraska lost, AT HOME. You have no idea how many Cornhusker fans live here, and talk shit about all other colleges.
Old 17-09-2004, 09:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #35
Louie

This is funny, the Chiefs and the Colts were supposed to be among the top teams in the AFC, but both will most likely start out the season 0-2. The Chiefs are playing at Carolina, and Indianapolis is playing at Tennessee.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2004, 11:54 PM   Officer #36
Renegade
Stock Boy

The Chiefs will beat Carolina. Carolina has the defense, but Holmes is a touchdown machine. Trent Green gets better with age and Tony Gonzalez is the best tight-end in the league. Yes KC doesn't have defense, but Carolina doesn't have offense. They lost Steve Smith.

I don't know about the Colts-Titans game. It should be a close one.
Old 18-09-2004, 12:03 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #37
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Yeah, Carolina looked very average against the Packers. Super Bowl hangover? Of course, I have no room to talk...the Bucs looked like the Yucs. That was painful to watch, and so frustrating because they were completely out of the game, yet one score down. Pitiful. And Galloway sprained his vagina!
Old 18-09-2004, 12:11 AM   Officer #38
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Yeah, Carolina looked very average against the Packers. Super Bowl hangover? Of course, I have no room to talk...the Bucs looked like the Yucs. That was painful to watch, and so frustrating because they were completely out of the game, yet one score down. Pitiful. And Galloway sprained his vagina!
Haha yeah. The Bucs were supposedly "new and improved". They looked like shit. Brad Johnson was my fantasy football QB last week. He earned -1 points. Chris Simms is a bright spot but they have an aging QB, No real RB, and McCardell is still holding out right?
Old 18-09-2004, 12:41 AM   Officer #39
Mags
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Chris Simms is a bright spot but they have an aging QB, No real RB, and McCardell is still holding out right?
Chris Simms can kiss my ass. I do not like him one bit. He fails with reliability under pressure, and needs a more senior QB to come in and clean up his mess. Major Applewhite was better. Boy...I love Major Applewhite.

Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2004, 12:44 AM   Officer #40
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Chris Simms can kiss my ass. I do not like him one bit. He fails with reliability under pressure, and needs a more senior QB to come in and clean up his mess. Major Applewhite was better. Boy...I love Major Applewhite.
I take it he played for Texas and lost .

EDIT: Okay Mags added his pic. Looks like he did play for Texas. Well it's good to know he's doing much better for himself at a higher level of play.