Are you ready for some football? (American) - Page 11 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 06-01-2005, 03:52 AM   Officer #201
mufiman
Officer

playoffs

NFC
Eagles are not going to make it without T.O. they are practically nothing without him. their offense has been struggling and without him, i dont think they will go far.
Falcons are a very young team and rely too much on the inconsistant michael vick.
Green Bay seems like they win when they want to. i dont know about them, but they have good veterans and hopefully ahman green can step it up in the post season.
Minnesota is not going anywhere.
Seattle will probably lose to St. louis, just as they did twice already this season.
St. louis will likely beat Seattle, and then go nowhere after that. all i see when i look at the rams is that pathetic 31-7 loss to the Cardinals.

NFC- Packers

AFC
Steelers have been good lately, but i dont know if they can make it all the way with a young QB playing against most of these veterans. this isnt the regular season anymore and i think Big Ben is very overrated.
Patriots can make it as long as Tom Brady doesnt fuck up big time, like he did against Miami.
Colts are doing really well and their defense is their only real weak point, but they have been playing better. the game against San Diego was a good one, but i doubt a team like new england or pittsburgh would let them come back as easily.
San Diego i dont really know, but i dont think they will make it.
Broncos will be eliminated on Sunday against the Colts
Jets have been very inconsistent and lost most of their games against decent teams.

AFC- Patriots...i think

too early to tell in the AFC. everyone is pretty good. i dont think the NFC has any chance in winning the Superbowl.
mufiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 03:53 AM   Officer #202
Mags
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Mags...Vince Young...holy shiznit! He made Michigan look like they were in slow motion...and minus their arms. They couldn't tackle him in a phone booth with a cast net.
Awww YEAH!. My boy Vince rocked that game. Seriously. 4 touchdowns. 4 touchdowns, and he's a QB. THat was awesome.

Did you watch the whole game Hassel? There was this part where after a play they showed Vince adjusting himself pretty thoroughly, and my sister's going "Vince got RACKED!" and then they show the replay and after they show the reception, they show the pass, and like 2 seconds after Vince threw the ball, when the play was over, this player from Michigan reached out and TOTALLY grabbed Vince's balls. My sisters and I, and my brother in law, like, freaked out. It was hilarious. They Tivo'd it and we watched again, and he just slowly reaches out and grabs Vince's balls. I think that's why he scored so many...he was pissed.

Oh man, and did anyone see the last 4 seconds of the Iowa/LSU game? That shit was AWESOME.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 06:56 AM   Officer #203
Renegade
Stock Boy

No Owens means no Superbowl for Philly. Bret Favre is still very effective at his age, but it will all come down to Ahman Green and whether his running game will be able to open up passing lanes for Favre. But if I had to choose, I'd go with the Falcons to represent the NFC.

I think the AFC will come down to the Colts and the Patriots. The Colts have an explosive offense and will have to rely on Manning to get them to the big game. The Patriots, on the other hand, are more well-rounded. Dillon should be able to put in some good yards, enabling Brady to do the same.

Super Bowl: Pats over Falcons.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:46 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #204
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I didn't get to see the whole Rose Bowl...effing family . Didn't see them grab his nuts, but I guess you grab what you can.
How LSU let that guy get that open is beyond me. I mean, I realize they are students at LSU, but you'd think they'd at least grasp the concept of not letting the guy in the black shirt run by them.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #205
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Ho Ho... Rams over Seahawks in a stunning upset 27-20. Last play hit #84 in the endzone, in his HANDS. Prediction one made

Tonight- Chargers over Jets
Old 10-01-2005, 12:35 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #206
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

My namesake (Matt Hasselbeck) should kill all of his wide receivers. All of them...except Jerry Rice. Then, he should go punch Mike Holmgren right in the fucking mouth for not having Jerry Rice on the field for that last play. Jerry Rice may be 42 years old and he may be two steps slower than Jerry Rice circa 1989, but you know what? You don't need to be fast when your route starts at the two. Know what else? If the ball hits Jerry Rice in the hands...he catches it!
Herman Edwards should pump a burning hot slug into Eric Barton. It's a damn good thing the Jets won, else they might have left that stupid asshole in Tijuana to think about what he did. Thanks Mr. Barton....thanks for the extra 14:55 of football the team got to play going into a short week, cut even shorter by a cross country trek.
I'm starting to think the Colts might muster enough defense to get to the Super Bowl. Stars will have to align, but they looked okay against the Donks.
Colts, Steelers or Patriots...doesn't really matter. The AFC is going to drill whatever hapless bunch of pudwhackers stagger out of the NFC. Personally, I think it'll be the Falcons, though I wouldn't mind watching Peyton throw for seventeen touchdowns versus the Vikings.
I want an afro like Randy Moss.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #207
IBO

It's the Steelers year

Superbowl= Steelers Vs. Falcons

Steelers win 31 - 17
________
SICK FROM NEXIUM
IBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #208
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I'm sorry guys, but since this is my year The Eagles are going to make it to the Super Bowl.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:34 PM   Senior Registered Member #209
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Anyone see what Randy Moss did to the Green Bay fans?
I was eating dinner, and all I heard from the announcers was, "Oh, tha's disgusting. I'm really sorry we showed that on national television"

Moss mooned the fans.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:46 AM   Officer #210
mufiman
Officer

It was a pretend moon actually, he didnt literally moon them. it was sort of a joke to the GB fans because they are known to moon the visiting teams buses while tailgaiting.

well, i thought GB had a chance at the big game, but that turned out wrong. i think it might be eagles, but they'll probably choke and lose in the NFC championship.
Falcons and Patriots: 10-27? too early to tell in the AFC. Colts v. Patriots will be a good game. Steelers will beat the Jets.
mufiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:04 AM   #211
IBO

Picks

Indy over New England, Game of the week

ATL over STL, the battle of the greatest shows on turf

Steelers over Jets, close call

Mini over Phili, total blowout

-the following week-

steelers over Indy, Tough choice

ATL over Mini, VIck rushes for 100 yards and 2 TDs

Superbowl

Steelers over ATL, The steel curtain has returned
________
Arizona Medical Marijuana
Old 11-01-2005, 06:15 AM   Senior Registered Member #212
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

ahem...

DIVISIONAL
Indianapolis over New England by 7
Pittsburgh blows out New York by 21+
Atlanta over St. Louis
Philadelphia over Minnesota (because Randy Moss is about to be suspended)

CONFERENCE
Indianapolis over Pittsburgh in OT
Atlanta over Philadelphia (because it is impossible for the Eagles to win the AFC championship game)

SUPER BOWL
Indianapolis over Atlanta (Look for Dwight Freeney to step up and lay the hurt on Vick)
Old 11-01-2005, 06:18 AM   #213
IBO

very good draw. I would pick Indy, but something inside pulls me towards the steelers

Indy is my second favorite team by the way. First being Baltimore.

Everyone download the theme for fox NFL football

HOW CAN NEW ENGLAND BE STOPPED ?????????

So I was 50/50 this week

Pits Vs New England Shoot me for picking Pits to win( It will happen )

As for Phili and HotLanta

HotLanta will win

SAme superbowl Matchup, SAme outcome :fencing:
________
Willow Run Transmission
Old 23-01-2005, 10:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #214
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Previously stated on the tenth of January, 2005.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
I'm sorry guys, but since this is my year The Eagles are going to make it to the Super Bowl.
Ahem.
Old 23-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #215
marry rich people

Almost everybody was expecting Philly to win...well, except for Dyce and IBO. The Eagles deserve it anyways.
For a change, for a change
Thats ok, ok, ok
marry rich people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2005, 12:25 AM   Senior Registered Member #216
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by marry rich people
Almost everybody was expecting Philly to win...well, except for Dyce and IBO.
And Renegade, and Hasslebrad. But yeah, I think they deserve it. I wish Randall Cunningham was here to see this, God rest his soul.
Old 24-01-2005, 01:55 AM   #217
Zavender

I really would have liked to see a Philly-Pitts game. Too bad though.
Old 24-01-2005, 03:42 AM   #218
IBO

Superbowl

haha

one could say they don't deserve it. They went there three straight years and lost....There taking advantage of the weeeeaaaak NFC.

It would of been to easy to pick the two favorites, But thats behind us now.

Time to get ready for the BIG SHOW . B Dawk, McNabe and westbrook Vs the Patriots. I say the Patriots cause there is no one stand out player. They are a unit they play together. They cannot be stopped so don't expect them to be. The Brady Bunch can't be stopped, ever....

The Patriots will win, hands down!

Can you say DYNASTY?

DYyyyyyNAAAASTYyyyy..............
________
Website Host
Old 24-01-2005, 12:33 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #219
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Patriots 35
Eagles 17
Old 25-01-2005, 01:22 AM   Officer #220
Renegade
Stock Boy

Eagles 10
Patriots 24

Brady and Dillon get a TD each.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote