Are you ready for some football? (American) - Page 10 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 16-12-2004, 11:43 PM   Officer #181
Mags
Officer

I really don't follow N. Texas football at all. Except that N. Texas/ Texas game at the beginning of the season...which was really more of a scrimmage for Texas.

And my god, I can't WAIT for the Texas/Michigan game. It's about time Texas played a really good team aside from Oklahoma. Who I refuse to believe are good...they're just bastards...some kind of deal with the devil.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 04:40 AM   Senior Registered Member #182
Ashley

Uht ehm.... I do believe Texas played KU who did give them quite a run for their money.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2004, 11:44 PM   Officer #183
Mags
Officer

That is true. My apologies Ashley. I meant like...I dunno...a huge name team. Kansas is really good, but doesn't have the clout a team like...Michigan or...USC or Georgia or something. They may not be ranked super high this year, but they are consistently good programs.
Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2004, 10:45 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #184
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I went to bed, and the Dolphins are trailing by 11 with like 3:00 to go. I wake up and they've won by a point. WTF?
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers suck ass! Is it possible to hold a lead in the fourth quarter without shitting our collective drawers? Up ten with 5 minutes to go used to be insurmountable. Now it just means we lose by four. Nope, we don't miss John Lynch a bit.
Old 21-12-2004, 10:47 PM   Senior Registered Member #185
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Carolina is gonna destroy Tampa next Saturday.

Sorry.
Old 21-12-2004, 10:56 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #186
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I kind of hope so. I wouldn't be surprised if the players don't just lay down. There have been several comments that aren't exactly complimentary of Mr. Gruden. I get the idea he is trying to run people off. Mike Alstott will not be here next year. I'm starting to wonder if Simeon Rice will be, either. There is apparently a lot of dissension on the team.
Old 22-12-2004, 01:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #187
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Panthers lost 66% of Offense from last year and we did not lay down. We are gonna be the first team to go 0-6 to make the playoffs.
Old 22-12-2004, 01:28 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #188
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC
Panthers lost 66% of Offense from last year and we did not lay down. We are gonna be the first team to go 0-6 to make the playoffs.
...and John Fox seems to be a coach that the guys are willing to play hard for. Jon Gruden is looking more and more like the coach that Raider players said they tuned out.
Old 22-12-2004, 01:30 PM   Senior Registered Member #189
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Except Gruden won a Super Bowl.
Old 22-12-2004, 01:33 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #190
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

...with Tony Dungy's team. Which he has since dismantled, and won only 14 games with, since the Super Bowl. Fox seems to be building the Panthers for the long haul, whereas Gruden seems desperate for a quick fix.
Old 22-12-2004, 02:34 PM   Senior Registered Member #191
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

I just wonder how good we could have been if he had all those guys healthy. Or atleast just one of them.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:02 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #192
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Mercilessly, if a bit sadly, my teams are finished with their seasons. What a frustrating mess. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Alabama Crimson Tide managed another set of non-winning seasons. Yippee!
At least Alabama had a valid excuse. Losing the entire starting offensive backfield isn't something many teams could recover from, and yet they still managed to finish 6-6.
The Bucs, on the other hand, at times looked like a raccoon humping a basketball. Utterly incapable and ultimately pointless. 5-11! Awesome. Bow if we could just get those Creamsicle unis back, we could really kick it old school!
Mags...Vince Young...holy shiznit! He made Michigan look like they were in slow motion...and minus their arms. They couldn't tackle him in a phone booth with a cast net.
USC pretty much quelled any rational argument last night. I thought that Auburn would beat them. I don't think Auburn and Utah could beat them.

Anyway...thoughts on the NFL playoffs? Who do you think will make it to the Super Bowl?

Patriots over the Falcons. Pittsburgh is really good, but I think the Patriots' experience will help them win. I think the Falcons have enough to beat the Eagles with T.O. out, and the specter of three straight losses in the NFCCG will haunt them into a fourth...which is a good thing, because I hate the effing Eagles.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:05 AM   Senior Registered Member #193
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I'm going to act that I didn't read that bit about Michigan, hassel:P Yes, they couldn't stop the inVincible, but Braylon Edwards didn't make it easy for the Longhorns either.
USC scorced the Sooners last night, 55-19, right? I wanted to see the Trojans play Auburn, but NO, the fucking BCS fucked up the nat'l game again, with ANOTHER blowout(remember LSU and Oklahoma of 2003?)

NFL-since I'm a Denver fan, I'll say the Broncos:P

Seriously, though, they'll probably lose to the Colts like last year. My pick is the Steelers over the Packers.
The Eagles are the same team as the last 3 years without TO, who, if lucky, will be able to play again at the Super Bowl, IF the Eagles can win without him.
The Pats will struggle to get into the Big Game, seeing as how they've JUST been able to beat the teams that suck this season.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:16 AM   Senior Registered Member #194
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I like the Eagles. They have green suits. I like green. My favorite color is blue, though... I like the Giants.

I really hope the Eagles make it to the superbowl this year. My mom has been so depressed lately and if her team (for over 25 years, mind you) makes it to the big game, she might actually be happy. Also, they're my favorite team, too. It was passed down through the generations... I'll be happy if they make it to the Bowl. If they lose in the Bowl, I won't care. Because I'm used to that shit. I live 45 minutes away from Buffalo and the notorious Jim Kelly.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:17 AM   Senior Registered Member #195
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, Jake: My mom is a die-hard Steelers fan, and she's hasn't had much confidence in the team since Terry Bradshaw played. Maby now this, combined with her college graduation in the summer, may relieve some stress off her back.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:19 AM   Senior Registered Member #196
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, Jake: My mom is a die-hard Steelers fan, and she's hasn't had much confidence in the team since Terry Bradshaw played. Maby now this, combined with her college graduation in the summer, may relieve some stress off her back.
Maybe...just maybe.

MAYBE!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:31 AM   Senior Registered Member #197
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I HOPE!
Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 AM   #198
FooTM

BIG COLOURED TEXT

Number 62.
FooTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 01:40 AM   Senior Registered Member #199
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I didn't mean for it to get out of hand. Just wanted to correct Frodo's spelling of "maybe".
Old 06-01-2005, 01:45 AM   #200
FooTM

just reminded me of the scene from anchorman when everyone is shouting;

''LOUD - NOISES!''

Number 62.
FooTM is offline   Reply With Quote