Thoughts on love??? - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 03-07-2004, 08:54 AM   Officer #41
DragonRat
Officer

Of course, love is portrayed as romantic in movies; that is how we wish to perceive movies, as gateways to another world. I suppose, in an odd way, that is why the most highly acclaimed movies are those that either show love as overtly romantic or not romantic at all.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #42
Kyle_West

love, it can mean so many things. It can be percieved as some glorious or hateful word. Personally, like someone said earlier love is a word passed around to casually. It seems that everyone loves someone. I have a younger 13 year old step-brother. He told his girlfriend that he loved her, but he never sees her. They only talk on the phone and the most they probably do is hold hands at school. Is that love? Any relationship before you can drive doesn't mean anything, unless you stay together that long. If you can't see this person then it's meaningless. So it's hard to love someone you can only hear. So I will agree for the most part that high school and below "love" is not even close to love once you're out of your parent's house. But last two years of high school you are open to find more things and meet more people. So I guess it's possible to find that love in a high school. But don't count on it.

Also, alot of people say love knows no age. Which I don't know if thats true. Young people can't comprehend what love is. A 5 year old boy loves his 4 year old neighbor, but as soon as he goes to school or whatever a new person will come into the picture, unless this is in a movie. But not just young. Am I sure what love is? no. Have I had feeling for girls? yes. Was it love? I guess not. But my point is, just don't use the word love as an everyday thing.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:22 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #43
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_West
I have a younger 13 year old step-brother. He told his girlfriend that he loved her, but he never sees her. They only talk on the phone and the most they probably do is hold hands at school. Is that love?
Who's to say? I'd say not...but then I'd hate to be so judgemental as to assume my thoughts are relevant considering they're HIS feelings...

Quote:
If you can't see this person then it's meaningless. So it's hard to love someone you can only hear.
Hard, but not impossible.

Quote:
Also, alot of people say love knows no age. Which I don't know if thats true. Young people can't comprehend what love is. A 5 year old boy loves his 4 year old neighbor, but as soon as he goes to school or whatever a new person will come into the picture, unless this is in a movie. But not just young. Am I sure what love is? no. Have I had feeling for girls? yes. Was it love? I guess not. But my point is, just don't use the word love as an everyday thing.
I think the "love knows no age" thing can't be taken literally...noone is assuming a 3 year old can "fall in love" (though they can experience parental love and familial love)...we're talking about the period from about 12 to 18 where some people have experienced love, and others say they can't have done...I disagree entirely...I first fell in love at 16 and I'm still in love with her...I always will be...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 04:03 PM   #44
Kyle_West

numero uno

I have had my step-brother in my life for maybe 3 years. He is not well mannered, he tries to piss people off, and all he does is play video games. I had a girlfriend by the name of susan when I was 13, and she would say "I love you" In which I didn't love her, so maybe it was for the sake of making her feel good. But non-the-less, I'm stating this 13 year old that is associated with me doesn't have a relationship on his mind. Trust me, I'm around him more than anyone else in his life. But that really doesn't matter. My point is that he doesn't know what love is. He constantly whines about not having sex, at 13! That is not love. period.

Maybe, I'm Personally going by what I think. Maybe someone doesn't have a problem with falling in love with a voice or the words on the computer. I personally don't see that as love.

I don't really know if I can explain my last part any better. I tried on the others going into deeper detail. But, this may just be a disagree. I personally just don't believe that someone can know what love is. Perhaps you do, and congrads for finding love at 16. Power to you. I'm saying love isn't that casual. I see love as a sacred bond. Although that could be why I haven't found love, but I'm 16 so I don't expect love. I think thats all you commented on.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:04 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #45
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_West
I have had my step-brother in my life for maybe 3 years. He is not well mannered, he tries to piss people off, and all he does is play video games. I had a girlfriend by the name of susan when I was 13, and she would say "I love you" In which I didn't love her, so maybe it was for the sake of making her feel good. But non-the-less, I'm stating this 13 year old that is associated with me doesn't have a relationship on his mind. Trust me, I'm around him more than anyone else in his life. But that really doesn't matter. My point is that he doesn't know what love is. He constantly whines about not having sex, at 13! That is not love. period.
Wasn't trying to suggest I know him better than you (as that'd be silly)...and yes...if all he thinks about is sex that's not love

Quote:
Maybe, I'm Personally going by what I think. Maybe someone doesn't have a problem with falling in love with a voice or the words on the computer. I personally don't see that as love.
Why not? People are often a lot more open in those sorts of forms of communication, because the distance means if they want to distance themselves from any comments they make, they can do easily...ironically it tends to create less pretense than in real life, despite the fact you'd think the anonymous nature of the internet would create the opposite effect. I actually think falling in love with someone you can't see is purer...when you fall in love with someone you can see, isn't there a doubt that you're not in love with them, but lusting after them based on their looks? Sure...I don't think that you can ever truly be completely in love with someone you've never met because of the little idiosyncracies that complete it that you're not privy to...but I dispute that you cannot love someone you've never met...trust me...I speak from experience

Quote:
I don't really know if I can explain my last part any better. I tried on the others going into deeper detail. But, this may just be a disagree. I personally just don't believe that someone can know what love is. Perhaps you do, and congrads for finding love at 16. Power to you. I'm saying love isn't that casual. I see love as a sacred bond. Although that could be why I haven't found love, but I'm 16 so I don't expect love. I think thats all you commented on.
I agree...love isn't that casual...and yes...I like the sacred bond point...but that implies love has to be mutual. I prefer to think of it as a sacred "connection"...and sometimes, sadly, that connection can be one way (unrequited love)...sad but true...as for not having foudn love at 16...not everyone does...I never said otherwise...only that some do, some don't...but it CAN happen...

Like Baz said...it'll happen when you least expect it...it'll happen when you're not looking for it...possibly with someone you wouldn't imagine falling in love with...it's weird like that
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:41 AM   #46
Kyle_West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Wasn't trying to suggest I know him better than you (as that'd be silly)...and yes...if all he thinks about is sex that's not love
I didn't mean that. I just thought I didn't explain myself fully.

Quote:
Why not? People are often a lot more open in those sorts of forms of communication, because the distance means if they want to distance themselves from any comments they make, they can do easily...ironically it tends to create less pretense than in real life, despite the fact you'd think the anonymous nature of the internet would create the opposite effect. I actually think falling in love with someone you can't see is purer...when you fall in love with someone you can see, isn't there a doubt that you're not in love with them, but lusting after them based on their looks? Sure...I don't think that you can ever truly be completely in love with someone you've never met because of the little idiosyncracies that complete it that you're not privy to...but I dispute that you cannot love someone you've never met...trust me...I speak from experience
I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
I agree...love isn't that casual...and yes...I like the sacred bond point...but that implies love has to be mutual. I prefer to think of it as a sacred "connection"...and sometimes, sadly, that connection can be one way (unrequited love)...sad but true...as for not having foudn love at 16...not everyone does...I never said otherwise...only that some do, some don't...but it CAN happen...
Since I can't speak from experience from that I can only say good for you.

Quote:
Like Baz said...it'll happen when you least expect it...it'll happen when you're not looking for it...possibly with someone you wouldn't imagine falling in love with...it's weird like that
That happens, Opposites attract right? Hah.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #47
Sephiroth v2.0

Quote:
he wouldn't leave the love of his life even if Natalie Portman turned up on his doorstep
I'd think about it...

On topic: Love is complicated, Love actually showed that it can happen in spite of dificult boundaries (Kinda... film was a bit unfinished for my liking) and it can apperently make people do crazy stupid things (you know who you are). But what is it? Is it the undying desire to be with someone forever? Lust can be confused with love. Also what about love at first site? Or like Barrington said does it need time to take root and develop.
Me, simply put I don't know.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:25 AM   Senior Registered Member #48
Elijahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth v2.0
I'd think about it...

On topic: Love is complicated, Love actually showed that it can happen in spite of dificult boundaries (Kinda... film was a bit unfinished for my liking) and it can apperently make people do crazy stupid things (you know who you are). But what is it? Is it the undying desire to be with someone forever? Lust can be confused with love. Also what about love at first site? Or like Barrington said does it need time to take root and develop.
Me, simply put I don't know.
totally, some times it can be hard to separate lust from love, especailly since you'd probably be all emotion and stuff. i think the person i'd love would have to understand me completely, without even words, so when i'm mad they'd understand to just back off and give me some space. i hate it when people are mad and they spread it on to others by being bitchy. its a hard thing not to do when you feel like crap and everything around you becomes irritating.

btw Sephiroth, nice signature...Futurama, Bender i have seasons 1 thru 3

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote