Lions, Tigers, Bears OH MY!!! - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:42 PM   Officer #21
Mags
Officer

Ligers...word. Granted, they really only exist in captivity, so in order to get attacked by one, you'd probably have to be acting pretty retarded in some zoo...but then...Look how fucking big they are.

I'll pass on those.

I'm scared of snakes...I don't like them...at all. They're fast, and they move funny, and they don't seem very nice.

World's most poisonous snake, the Inland Taipan

Also, Kill Bill Vol. 2 made me pretty fucking afraid of the Black Mamba, about which Elle didn't mention these motherfuckers are the fastest land snakes and grow up to FOURTEEN feet long. yeah...no thanks.

Mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yup, don't care for the black Mamba, seeing as their in the top five for deadliest snakes.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:18 PM   #23
NearokA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
I'm also, to this very day, completely petrified (and somewhat intrigued) when it comes to Great Horned Owls, and a few other birds of prey. They both frighten and fascinate me. We have quite a few Great Horned Owls around here and the biggest one I've ever seen couldn't have been any less than two feet in height. This is the one, I suspect, that devoured my beloved K.C. (a cat I had a few years ago). It was a really terrible experience for me, as she wasn't even an outdoor cat -- it was just a very freaky thing.
Emotey, That's why you get a dog. A really big dog. Personally, I prefer a siberian husky.

And for all those scared of sharks, have you ever heard of shark fin soup? Yum. And ya know, there's a reason why the great white shark is going extinct...
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
frodo1511
Pin Dick

[quote=Glare]a lion is king of the jungle. QUOTE]

You do realize that lions don't live in Jungles, they live in the plains, or the Serengeti of Africa. Tigers, pumas, and leopards, on the other hand, do live in jungles.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:07 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #25
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

"A liger, only one of my favorite animals. Bred for their skills and magic."

Scary Animals:
Tuna/Baracuda
Sharks
Spiders
my sister

I can't think of anything else.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:47 AM   Officer #26
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Quote:
Emotey, That's why you get a dog. A really big dog. Personally, I prefer a siberian husky.

Haha. Whoa! Talk about irony. A couple of wayward Siberian Huskies mauled my other beloved cat, Smudge, to death one morning when she was just minding her own damn business in our front garden. Poor thing was de-clawed and had no way of fighting back, either. A guy down the street breeds them and, obviously, doesn't look after them very well (boy, did he get it from my mother and I). So, yeah. I hate Huskies. Beautiful dogs, though.

Mags: that is perhaps one of the most frightening looking creatures I've ever seen. Never heard of or seen a Liger before, actually. Fucking huge animals they are. Kinda reminds me of those man-hungry, super-naturally huge lions from The Ghost and the Darkness (a terrifying true story, by the way). *shudders*
Old 07-09-2004, 03:55 AM   #27
NearokA

Uh

Me thinks mag meant tiger? wtf is a liger?
Besides, tigers are my favorite animals. It would be my honor to be eaten by one.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 04:07 AM   Officer #28
EmotionSickness
Cutie

No, she meant Liger. I'm guessing that a liger is a hybrid lion-tiger, to put it simply. Lion + Tiger = Liger.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:02 AM   #29
zaphod_beeblebrox
Newcomer

the animal i choose would be a starving crazed weasil no doubt about it or sigfried and roy
zaphod_beeblebrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #30
Glare

Panthera leo (Lion) - Largest cat in Africa. One of the biggest cats on Earth.
Strengths: Well-rounded athlete, especially good at pouncing, wrestling, and with a particularly potent bite. Also stealthier than the polar bear.
Weaknesses: Not as proficient a swimmer as the polar bear. Less well suited to extreme temperatures, particularly cold, as it never gets terribly cold in its African range. Smaller than the polar bear, very likely to be outmatched in a straight-up fight.

Ursus maritimus (Polar Bear) - Largest carnivore on land. Largest bear in the world. The very top of the Arctic food chain.
Strengths - Superior size, extreme proficiency at swimming. Highly resistant to extreme cold. Equally proficient, if not more so than the African lion, at close combat including grappling and striking.
Weaknesses - Not as stealthy as the lion, with a bite that may or may not be inferior to the lion's in terms of killpower. Not much on supreme agility for leaping or fast movement, either, better suited to slow, steady overpowering of inferior targets in straightforward contest.

My verdict:

Two very strong contenders, but I'm gonna give it to the polar bear in 3. The lion is undoubtedly superior at surprise attack, and if he gets in a good, unexpected pounce at the start of the bout with a solid bite to the neck or throat, it could very well be over in one blow. The lion's bite, hell, the bite of big cats in general, is one of the most powerful bites relative to size on the planet. In rare mortal combat between lions, their jaws are even capable of crushing their enemies' skulls.

If the lion doesn't get in a cheap shot, however, and is forced to fight straight up, it's probably not gonna go well for him. He may have the advantage of speed and agility, but the bear has the advantage of raw power, with a formidable bite and swat coupled with superior weight (up to ~1,000 pounds!) for wrestling while jockeying for that killer bite. The claws are probably not as sharp as the lion's, but they're definitely a factor in the power of that swat, and unless the lion tries some really tricky shit and gets a very nice bite, I'd say this match is the bear's to lose.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:44 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #31
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
People.
Very true. There is nothing more dangerous than a drunken redneck. They will fight with anything that moves, drive at ridiculous speed and try just about any stunt they can imagine. Very dangerous, indeed.
Plus...they urinate in the woods.

As far as animals with less than a 3rd grade education, I'll go with the Grizzly Bear. Huge and fast.

Kelsey's right about barracudas. They have been known to launch themselves out of the fucking water to get at prey.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #32
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Kelsey's right about barracudas. They have been known to launch themselves out of the fucking water to get at prey.
Same with the Great White and hunting seals off the coast of Africa. Man, those fuckers can launch 3 feet INTO THE AIR. It's really a sight to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wshark.jpg (33.1 KB, 28 views)