Power Trip - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:26 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #1
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Power Trip

If you could change one thing about the forum what would it be and why? This isn't a 'Let's improve the forum by stealing your ideas' thread, merely an attempt at a bit of funny, especially as Frodo's answer will revolve around a certain Pony

So, shoot
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:28 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
, especially as Frodo's answer will revolve around a certain Pony
How the hell did you know I would rant about my status? Are you buliemic, Poggs?

Other than having admins nice enough to change your status(apoggy, looking at you:P) how about the male/female thing somebody said earlier in another thread? sounds cool.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:34 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #3
Mandy
Honourary Brit

If I could change one thing about the forum...I'd have to say...

More naked pictures of the male members. Sorry to say it, but it's true.

*shrugs*

Heh..."members." No pun intended.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:44 AM   #4
rabbit
Newcomer

erm, the usage of less swear words....like go fuck yourself in the title of a thread, amongst many posts i've read. I too swear at times as with probably a lot of people, but is it really necessary???

just my 2 cents
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
If I could change one thing about the forum...I'd have to say...

More naked pictures of the male members. Sorry to say it, but it's true.

*shrugs*

Heh..."members." No pun intended.
Only as long as the female members return the favor.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:49 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #6
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Well, my answer won't be funny, because as usual, I lack the whole witty thing.

For serious though, I would like to see less country bashing and more respect of peoples differences on here. And currently..more freaking topics. It's so boring atm. I feel like there hasnt been anything worth posting in days. And I'm talking about gen. discussion, so "keira's not doing anything" doesnt work this time.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 05:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #7
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Everyone voicing their own opinion, and not just being a bandwagoner. Could get exciting with lots of shouting around here.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:31 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #8
acliff
llama llama duck

This forum would be a lot better if I was given a virtual throne to sit on.
oh wait...
Old 05-09-2004, 10:15 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #9
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Oh so serious.

If I could change one thing (now that the train has derailed) I'd up the average IQ, and thus increase the quality of the topics/posts on the forum.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:51 PM   #10
Spartakus
Newcomer

It would be good if in every part of the forum ,like General Discussion for example,had the names of the members who are there appeared and not only in the main forum webpage.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:53 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartakus
It would be good if in every part of the forum ,like General Discussion for example,had the names of the members who are there appeared and not only in the main forum webpage.
I can agree to that. We had that available on the old forums.

My change: Every thread made should go through some sort of evaluation by the mods or any of that sort, to avoid spam and/or repeated threads.

But I don't think that's possible.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:55 PM   Senior Registered Member #12
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:

That's a good idea. I know when you check someone's user CP/bio page, it show's you what part they are looking at, but that's a pain. I definiatley second Spartakus' idea.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:59 PM   Officer #13
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Liam and I once discussed the idea of having everyone take a manditory IQ test before registering to post here (on which you must score a minimum of 130, or somewhere around there). We decided against the idea, for some reason or another.

Aside from the fact that it would be pretty difficult (and tedious) to pull off, the forums just wouldn't be any fun with only five or six active members, now would it?

I kid, I kid!
Old 05-09-2004, 07:16 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #14
Oencross
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
Oh so serious.

If I could change one thing (now that the train has derailed) I'd up the average IQ, and thus increase the quality of the topics/posts on the forum.
That's a major change though ap, it means we would have to lose like 85% of the members here....

Quote:
How and why would this be helpful to the forums? Wouldn't it simply add more clutter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
My change: Every thread made should go through some sort of evaluation by the mods or any of that sort, to avoid spam and/or repeated threads.
Isn't this being done already? The mods try and lock the threads that do come up, but if members actually READ the rules, then there would be less spam to begin with, doing a little of your own grunt work helps the forums run more smoothly. It shouldn't always be the mods who do the work.

Richard's post leads into what I would change about the forums, I'd force everyone to actually read the threads before they posted. Most members, clearly, blindly post their opinion after it's been stated by someone else. If members would actually read other posts instead of simply posting whatever their pea-sized intellect is spewing out at the moment, then maybe the forums could go back to being an intelligent place that older members actually WANT to post in.

As of right now, I feel as though this place is more of an embarassment than an enjoyment and I'm sure that I speak for more than just myself on this. The only way these forums are going to get better is for members to actually read. It's that thing you do what you are literate, you know, read the words. It kinda helps the whole community when you do it, otherwise it always just looks like you're waiting to give your 2 cents.
Oencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Yes, it would help if all the newcomers would actually READ THE RULES before they start throwing there mouths off, only to get banned/scarred for life. Agreeing with Richard/Oencross, I think that all the new people(and the usuals) should read the rules, and go through some sort of a "I've agreed to the rules here on KKW..." or something like that.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:42 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
Richard
Dated

What I mean't before was an evaluation beforehand, before the thread actually surfaces. But like I said, I don't think it's possible.

I admit to SOMETIMES writing a response without reading any of the above posts, but I do however, read and think beforehand. Such as if I feel what I'm about to say has probably been mentioned numerous before, then I would think it wouldn't be necessary to post.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #17
Adolf-The-Apple

Thumbs up

I've got a good idea:
The gender of each Member should be visible! Maybe a sign right to the Username would be good.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:03 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #18
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
how about the male/female thing somebody said earlier in another thread? sounds cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf-The-Apple
I've got a good idea:
The gender of each Member should be visible! Maybe a sign right to the Username would be good.
Now read the last two paragraphs of Oen's sensible post. Was this a feeble attempt at sarcasm, or just you proving his point?
Leonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #19
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie
Now read the last two paragraphs of Oen's sensible post. Was this a feeble attempt at sarcasm, or just you proving his point?

Uh, considering I wrote that BEFOR Oen's post, I think he was proving My point.

EDIT: Never mind, Leonie, I though you were taking a shot at me. Sorry about that.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:14 AM   #20
Spartakus
Newcomer

Is there any gallery for avatars?Because if there isn't it should be made one.Why don't we put the Forum Jump into every thread?