To Keira with love - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-03-2005, 09:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #61
Elijahfan
Senior Member
 
Elijahfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Minnesota USA
Posts: 303
i'm not even going to read this....but i'm guessing it's the same "I LOVE KEIRA" thread

crap...my attachment was cool but it's too big
__________________
Frank Miller's Sin City... "walk down the right back alley in Sin City and you can find anything" 4.1.05

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 09:42 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #62
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
hey, id be up for answering a research thingy. sounds like an interesting idea. you'd have to tell us your results of course.

while i agree almost completly with your love/lust comments, i feel that it is possible to love someone you have never met. umm... how do i explain my reasoning.. ooh this dictionary thing sums it up quite well:

(1) An intense affectionate concern for another person.
(2) An intense sexual desire for another person.
(3) A beloved person.
(4) Term of endearment.
(5) A strong fondness or en*thusiasm for something.

love doesn't have to be returned for it to be love.

however, having said that, i do feel that this "love" to which we are talking about keira in this thread, is different, and is lust as you defined it. either that or its love as no 5 "A strong fondness or en*thusiasm for something".

ok, im rambling, and im not getting my point across clearly, mainly due to how rubbish i am with english!! so i'll shut up.
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 10:03 PM   Senior Registered Member #63
hannahjane
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
hey, id be up for answering a research thingy. sounds like an interesting idea. you'd have to tell us your results of course.

while i agree almost completly with your love/lust comments, i feel that it is possible to love someone you have never met. umm... how do i explain my reasoning.. ooh this dictionary thing sums it up quite well:

(1) An intense affectionate concern for another person.
(2) An intense sexual desire for another person.
(3) A beloved person.
(4) Term of endearment.
(5) A strong fondness or en*thusiasm for something.

love doesn't have to be returned for it to be love.

however, having said that, i do feel that this "love" to which we are talking about keira in this thread, is different, and is lust as you defined it. either that or its love as no 5 "A strong fondness or en*thusiasm for something".

ok, im rambling, and im not getting my point across clearly, mainly due to how rubbish i am with english!! so i'll shut up.
No, don't shut-up at all. I agree entirely with what you say. Especially "love doesn't have to be returned for it to be love", indeed unrequited love - whereby the feelings are not reciprocated, may be one of the strongest forms of all.

You'll notice however that the no.5 definition you included there was directed at "something" though, as opposed to "someone" (a la Keira). I have a strong enthusiasm for Literature, for example, I love it - but I don't love it in the way that I do love someone in my life at the moment.

I think perhaps the feelings some members have towards Keira are feelings of endearment, or feelings of liking. Lust or infatuation or obsession are other theories. Like I say, I believe there are so many dimensions of love, so many forms it can take - so many components of which it consists of. I love my friends but that's commitment and that's intimacy, not say, passion or sexual desire. I don't know (hopefully I will soon!) - I see it as there are many different forms of love (eg. Friendship or Consumate Love), each form of which is made up of different components (eg. Liking, commitment, intimacy or in the case of CL; passion, intimacy, commitement, sexual arosal etc).

I'm glad your intrigued by the study; I'll try and get that up ASAP. I'd love (lol) any feedback. I warn you though it would be long, and probably simplistic so as to achieve the best results.
hannahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 10:11 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #64
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
kewl, i look forward to it. length is unimportant to me, its not like i dont have enough spare time on my hands!

i will add more to this discussion when i can think of it.. right now i need a drink. :icon_guin:
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 10:20 PM   #65
graham7771
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20
better understanding of love

thanks nearoKA i think i have a better understanding of love since i read your script. very very nice script
graham7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 10:28 PM   #66
graham7771
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahjane
No, don't shut-up at all. I agree entirely with what you say. Especially "love doesn't have to be returned for it to be love", indeed unrequited love - whereby the feelings are not reciprocated, may be one of the strongest forms of all.

You'll notice however that the no.5 definition you included there was directed at "something" though, as opposed to "someone" (a la Keira). I have a strong enthusiasm for Literature, for example, I love it - but I don't love it in the way that I do love someone in my life at the moment.

I think perhaps the feelings some members have towards Keira are feelings of endearment, or feelings of liking. Lust or infatuation or obsession are other theories. Like I say, I believe there are so many dimensions of love, so many forms it can take - so many components of which it consists of. I love my friends but that's commitment and that's intimacy, not say, passion or sexual desire. I don't know (hopefully I will soon!) - I see it as there are many different forms of love (eg. Friendship or Consumate Love), each form of which is made up of different components (eg. Liking, commitment, intimacy or in the case of CL; passion, intimacy, commitement, sexual arosal etc).

I'm glad your intrigued by the study; I'll try and get that up ASAP. I'd love (lol) any feedback. I warn you though it would be long, and probably simplistic so as to achieve the best results.
I think you are right about different types of love. The Ancient Greeks divided it into i think 3 kinds of love i think this is how it goes.

(1) family
(2) friends
(3) true love (as in what you were talking about)
graham7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #67
Azwok
Newcomer
 
Azwok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5
Having read what NearokA said and having taken time to appreciate it and let it sink in, I found myself in disagreement with one of the points made, which in turn led to conflict with the entire argument.

I can't deny what NearokA said about why he loves Keira, and how everytime he looks at a photo of her or hears her voice he gets this feeling that is unique. I share similar experiences with this. However for me there is one simple reason for this, at least i hope it's this reason, that Keira is, to me, the most beautiful woman I have seen. This for me is the sole reason as to why I love Keira. Whilst I have to admit the love I talk of must be a very superficial one, seing as it is based on looks alone, me never having met Keira. So when you see me speak of my love for Keira, its not the deep meaning full love that couples who have been married 30 years share, but this more artificial love. (Wow, that really was hard to admit).

If I felt that there were better looking women, I would be posting this message on their fan sites but I can't think of a women better looking than Keira, dont get me wrong, there are other great looking women out there, but for me Keira tops the list, and that I think is where NearokA and me disagree. So why do I love Keira? She's the most beautiful women I have seen. And if that be a quality of love, and I be shallow, then shallow I shall be for I can't think of a better reason to love Keira. :icon_smil
__________________
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.
Azwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 08:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #68
hannahjane
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azwok
Having read what NearokA said and having taken time to appreciate it and let it sink in, I found myself in disagreement with one of the points made, which in turn led to conflict with the entire argument.

I can't deny what NearokA said about why he loves Keira, and how everytime he looks at a photo of her or hears her voice he gets this feeling that is unique. I share similar experiences with this. However for me there is one simple reason for this, at least i hope it's this reason, that Keira is, to me, the most beautiful woman I have seen. This for me is the sole reason as to why I love Keira. Whilst I have to admit the love I talk of must be a very superficial one, seing as it is based on looks alone, me never having met Keira. So when you see me speak of my love for Keira, its not the deep meaning full love that couples who have been married 30 years share, but this more artificial love. (Wow, that really was hard to admit).

If I felt that there were better looking women, I would be posting this message on their fan sites but I can't think of a women better looking than Keira, dont get me wrong, there are other great looking women out there, but for me Keira tops the list, and that I think is where NearokA and me disagree. So why do I love Keira? She's the most beautiful women I have seen. And if that be a quality of love, and I be shallow, then shallow I shall be for I can't think of a better reason to love Keira. :icon_smil
It's interesting what you have hadto say....but I wouldn't call that love. I'd call that lust. But I understand what you've said.
hannahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #69
Keyser_so_so
Member
 
Keyser_so_so's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 271
I probably have lust defined wrong in my head, but doesn't mean a sexual want? I don't think it's possible to love someone without even meeting them, so I agree with you there hannahjane- but for me it's not what I define as lust. Because I've never thought about sex with Keira.

However, I don't think there's actually anything else to call it. It's like a crush- but more advanced. But not love, of course- because I've never met her. That, I presume, is the situation everyone else that 'loves' Keira is in as well as I.
__________________
Keyser_so_so is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #70
Azwok
Newcomer
 
Azwok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5
I think what hannahjane has said is true, I used love a bit inappropriately. However I'm not so sure that it's a lust for Keira that I have. As Keyser said lust being a sexual want it does not tie in with how I feel about Keira:

For me there is a difference between being beautiful and being sexy. The idea of beauty is something that can be applied not only to women, i.e. statues, paintings, having said that being sexy is not only applied to women it can be losely applied to other things aswell. I find Keira beautiful rather than sexy and it's for this reason that I like her. As Keyser said he's never thought about sex with Keira, and I know exactly what he means. I sometimes find myself staring at pictures of Keira for excessive periods of time admiring the photo and her beauty but I don't think of her in a sexual way.

So I'm not sure if I would describe the way I feel about Keira as a lust, but then again as to what I would describe it I have no idea. This is getting increasingly harder to define- this feeling that does not fall into the catergory of love but is not quite lust. As you can see from my ramblings i'm getting rather depressed, a feeling so distinct but yet so hard to define, its very frustrating. :icon_roll

From reading this thread and specifically what Keyser had to say about that matter I get the impression that the way I feel about Keira is not uncommon:

So is this just a crush, an infatuation that I am describing?
__________________
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.
Azwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 01:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #71
hannahjane
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azwok
I think what hannahjane has said is true, I used love a bit inappropriately. However I'm not so sure that it's a lust for Keira that I have. As Keyser said lust being a sexual want it does not tie in with how I feel about Keira:

For me there is a difference between being beautiful and being sexy. The idea of beauty is something that can be applied not only to women, i.e. statues, paintings, having said that being sexy is not only applied to women it can be losely applied to other things aswell. I find Keira beautiful rather than sexy and it's for this reason that I like her. As Keyser said he's never thought about sex with Keira, and I know exactly what he means. I sometimes find myself staring at pictures of Keira for excessive periods of time admiring the photo and her beauty but I don't think of her in a sexual way.

So I'm not sure if I would describe the way I feel about Keira as a lust, but then again as to what I would describe it I have no idea. This is getting increasingly harder to define- this feeling that does not fall into the catergory of love but is not quite lust. As you can see from my ramblings i'm getting rather depressed, a feeling so distinct but yet so hard to define, its very frustrating. :icon_roll

From reading this thread and specifically what Keyser had to say about that matter I get the impression that the way I feel about Keira is not uncommon:

So is this just a crush, an infatuation that I am describing?
I believe so, and not in a bad way. I used to have this obsession, infatuation if you will, and I'm a straight girl. Never had any gay/bisexual feelings whatsoever. I guess, I just really really liked her. And I truly believe that's all it is, with the majority of people on these boards - and I say it, as I've been there myself. However I no longer feel like that about Keira at all, it was just a phase - I'm sure you'll find (no matter how strong your feelings for her now seem to be), that your attitude towards her too is just a phase.

I'm in love now, and it really does put it into perspective all the other feelings that you've had and assumed at the time where love - when in most cases they are forms of lust, infatuation, intense liking or obsession. Love is indeed complex, and I don't believe in that old cliche that "you just know" when you fall in love - you don't; not immediately at least. It took me a while to work out the feelings I have for this person at present, and it is only now I release that I love them. And, simultaneously, it is only now that I realise all those other "loves" I felt were not loves at all. I'm sure other people can relate to what I'm saying here.

Ok, so maybe "lust" wasn't the correct word to describe what you and Keyser are feeling (although I know a few people on this forum who it would describe ), I'd say that what you have for Keira is an intense liking, which in all possibility - considering that you will almost certainly never speak to her, touch her or see her physically, will pass with time. I don't say this in a criticising, patronising way - just speaking from experience. I don't think love can be defined (although I'm contradicting myself there considering I'm currently conducting research study into it); so I don't think you should ever be ashamed of your feelings for someone. Either way, it is till absolutely my believe that it is an impossibility to love someone you've never met physically.
hannahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 01:37 AM   #72
mike
Member
 
mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The land of sheep and male voice choirs
Posts: 80
Quote:
Either way, it is till absolutely my believe that it is an impossibility to love someone you've never met physically.
it can happen i fell in love with a girl i met on the net and she fell in love with me. we spent almost 8hrs a day talking to each other on the phone or net then after meeting and going out for a year she became my fiance! but we were both in love befor we met physicly. it might sound stupid to some people but it can happen

just thought id add that
__________________

( so true )
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 03:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #73
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
Apparently NearokA hasn't been around KKW since last year. Disagreeing with HJ here: "Either way, it is till absolutely my believe that it is an impossibility to love someone you've never met physically." For Keira's case, the problem of course is she doesn't know who the hell you are, whereas, say in Mike's case, they know of each other and actually communicate. My immature two cents.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 11:35 AM   Senior Registered Member #74
hannahjane
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljet88
Apparently NearokA hasn't been around KKW since last year. Disagreeing with HJ here: "Either way, it is till absolutely my believe that it is an impossibility to love someone you've never met physically." For Keira's case, the problem of course is she doesn't know who the hell you are, whereas, say in Mike's case, they know of each other and actually communicate. My immature two cents.
I don't love Keira! I assume you refer to those that have said they do. Anyway no,I'm sticking to my guns. I appreciate very much that mike went out with this girl for a year, and I have no doubt that they were in love.

However, I simply CANNOT believe you can fall in love without, I dunno, seeing them smile, seeing their eyes light up when they do smile....touching them, talking to them....sharing a joke with them, having an argument with them! It sounds cheesy, but seriously, now, I don't agree with internet love and all that, is just my opinion. I guess I'm not gonna comment on nash's situation because he is an utter dude and I believe that what he says he feels is true, so....
hannahjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #75
Dionysus
Member
 
Dionysus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
it can happen i fell in love with a girl i met on the net and she fell in love with me. we spent almost 8hrs a day talking to each other on the phone or net then after meeting and going out for a year she became my fiance! but we were both in love befor we met physicly. it might sound stupid to some people but it can happen
yeah but you talked to her "8 hrs a day" none of us have talked to keira for 8 hrs (though i know we all would love to) so its pretty diffrent, i see what your saying though that there doesnt need to be physical contact to make a conection with someone, but there needs to be some kind of personal contact between 2 people, not just 1 infatuated by another without their knowledge (like the members of this forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azwok
I think what hannahjane has said is true, I used love a bit inappropriately. However I'm not so sure that it's a lust for Keira that I have. As Keyser said lust being a sexual want it does not tie in with how I feel about Keira:

For me there is a difference between being beautiful and being sexy. The idea of beauty is something that can be applied not only to women, i.e. statues, paintings, having said that being sexy is not only applied to women it can be losely applied to other things aswell. I find Keira beautiful rather than sexy and it's for this reason that I like her. As Keyser said he's never thought about sex with Keira, and I know exactly what he means. I sometimes find myself staring at pictures of Keira for excessive periods of time admiring the photo and her beauty but I don't think of her in a sexual way.

So I'm not sure if I would describe the way I feel about Keira as a lust, but then again as to what I would describe it I have no idea. This is getting increasingly harder to define- this feeling that does not fall into the catergory of love but is not quite lust. As you can see from my ramblings i'm getting rather depressed, a feeling so distinct but yet so hard to define, its very frustrating. :icon_roll

From reading this thread and specifically what Keyser had to say about that matter I get the impression that the way I feel about Keira is not uncommon:

So is this just a crush, an infatuation that I am describing?
yeah i feel pretty much the same way, have you been reading my mind

i dunno what you would call it but its neither love or lust, perhaps we should make up a word for it?
__________________
56th KK posse member
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 02:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #76
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist
 
deviljet88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,814
An unrequited love. Quite depressing buggers they are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnax
Don't listen to Jet, he's mean to everybody.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #77
Azwok
Newcomer
 
Azwok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5
It's very refreshing and re-assuring to have people reply and actually know what I'm talking about. Especially hannahjane and Dionysus. Aquired a greater understanding of my feelings for Keira I have, . Thankyou.

Oo, and Dionysus lets do make a new word for it, any sugestions?
__________________
I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.
Azwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 12:22 AM   #78
Evan25
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 17
Why I Love Her

I 'love ' her because she is very talented and hot and is quite frankly a nice subject to dwell on during my High School Relogion Class.
Evan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 12:24 AM   #79
Evan25
Newcomer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 17
Also Instead of love or lust i would use "passion" ans a good description for most ppl's feelings
Evan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 04:08 PM   #80
wayne09
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by Azwok
[...]I sometimes find myself staring at pictures of Keira for excessive periods of time admiring the photo and her beauty but I don't think of her in a sexual way.


Well, that's impossible. If you call this love, you must have thought about sex with her, because sex and love go together.
Aside from that, I thought there couldn't be any real love without having met physically the person in question (and somehow I still do)... but yet I'm afraid I was wrong and it is happening to me. I mean although I've been "knowing" her for 2 years (that's quite long), I'm still keen on her, I've been trying to send her letters (without success..), I can't stop thinking of her all day long, and there's many other things I won't say... I don't know if you can call this love, but still what I feel is real, and quite painful I must say. Honest conclusion : I must be a bloody loser!!!
Now I just want to ask a question to those who pretend to love her : would any of you die for her?

PS: I don't think you can call this passion either..
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.