Critics=Morons - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 11-07-2004, 06:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Critics=Morons

First of all, whoever posts on this topic, write if you thought this movie was good or bad. I think that it is the best movie of the summer. Period. What I have a hard time trying to get is why most(75%) of the movie critics out there did not like the movie. The casting/characters are top-notch, the battles are spectacular, and the story is well written, with little to no confusion. I can understand that a few people would have trouble with names, but that's about it. Overall, I say to all, go see this awesome movie. Now. don't think of all the mindless " 1 1/2 stars out of 4," or, "C" ratings. See it, love it.

As for the competition, nothing compares. Sure, Spiderman has the big actors, but the story is so predictable(scientist turns evil, good guy beats up on bad guy, yadda yadda). and yeah, Anchorman will be funny, but it has a lame story.
frodo1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
I think that it is the best movie of the summer. Period.
You haven't seen Napolean Dynamite yet, have you? I'm sure King Arthur will be good (I'm seeing it soon-in Imax too ) but, Napolean Dynamite is the best movie of the summer, without a doubt. I'll tell you if I liked King Arthur as soon as I get back from the theatre.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:55 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
frodo1511
Pin Dick

[quote=Jacoby]You haven't seen Napolean Dynamite yet, have you?

No I haven't, what is it about? I haven't even heard of it until now... must go check out movies.com...
Old 11-07-2004, 07:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se..._dynamite.html there's the trailer for you.....and sorry about going really off topic. I'll edit my review into this post as soon as i can.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
frodo1511
Pin Dick

yo jacoby, saw the clip, looked funny, but nothing like Dodgeball. That was drop -dead funny. BTW, is ND still playing in theaters?

-tag: Queerbait!!!
-"What, Me?"
Old 11-07-2004, 07:17 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
yo jacoby, saw the clip, looked funny, but nothing like Dodgeball. That was drop -dead funny. BTW, is ND still playing in theaters?
Napoleon Dynamite was 3956854645987 times better than Dodgeball.....seriously. And Napolean Dynamite doesn't come out till the 23rd in the states. I saw a sneak preview of it about two days ago.....believe me, it's an immediate classic.

I'm seeing King Arthur in about two days though, should be nice.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
frodo1511
Pin Dick

yeah, I didn't know when ND came out, since movies.com said the 11th of June. Anyway, nothing compares to a handicapped Rip Torn throwing wrenches at people, and yelling out "Queerbait!" at the gangly guy on the Average Joe's team
Old 11-07-2004, 07:49 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #8
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I'm seeing Napoleon Dynamite today!! I'm excited.

I thought King Arthur was so-so. Wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I have to say I agree with most of the critics on this one, though there are other movies where I am convinced they're all retarded.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:21 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Meh...normally my advice would be to take Kelsey's opinions with a pinch of salt .

However she is right to say critics are often retarded in their views...like when they praise certain films...<cough> Chicago <cough>.

Not seen KA yet...but it looks good to me.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:15 PM   Officer #10
mufiman
Officer

i saw king arthur yesterday. it was mediocre, not classic or great. i actually thought troy was better, epic-wise. they were both similar with their cgi battles and war scenes. they both have the humongous armies flying into one another scenes. the battle on the Ice was pretty good though.
i didnt really think keira and clive had any "chemistry". The romance between her and arthur is worse than perfunctory, it's like they're checking items off a list while grocery shopping. "Oh, we've forgotten the scene where we make love. Well, let's get to it." and the battle scenes were heavily edited. they should have just made it R. you see someone on a horse, swinging a sword, we see some kind of rushing image, flying dirt, and then youre supposed to assume that guy got his head chopped off. and the worst part...keira doesnt come into the film until halfway through the movie. lame, but i totally agree with you frodo, critics are complete morons at times.
napoleon dynamite isnt showing in hawaii, because all our theaters suck. i was looking forward to seeing that, it looks hilarious.
mufiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
frodo1511
Pin Dick

yeah, other than the "edited" parts of the movie, it was superb. A real treat from all the superhero movies of the last 3 summers(Spidey, Hulk, Punisher...). I haven't seen Troy, but I saw KA on day one() and I have to say, the fight scenes looked more realistic than the CGI in Troy. I do have to admit, I thought the CGI on the ice battle looked like crap, and I've seen better arrow animations in the Lord of the Rings. I agree with Hazzle, Kelsey, and mufiman on their opinions on moronic critics. I still can't believe Chicago won best picure in 2002 that sucked majorly. finally, the worst part of the movie, agreeing with mufiman, is that Keira came in 50 minutes into the movie wtf?! I saw the movie with 4 of my friends, all anxiously waiting for her to come on screen (one of my friends only went because she was in it.)
Old 11-07-2004, 11:07 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
yeah, other than the "edited" parts of the movie, it was superb. A real treat from all the superhero movies of the last 3 summers(Spidey, Hulk, Punisher...). I haven't seen Troy, but I saw KA on day one() and I have to say, the fight scenes looked more realistic than the CGI in Troy. I do have to admit, I thought the CGI on the ice battle looked like crap, and I've seen better arrow animations in the Lord of the Rings. I agree with Hazzle, Kelsey, and mufiman on their opinions on moronic critics. I still can't believe Chicago won best picure in 2002 that sucked majorly. finally, the worst part of the movie, agreeing with mufiman, is that Keira came in 50 minutes into the movie wtf?! I saw the movie with 4 of my friends, all anxiously waiting for her to come on screen (one of my friends only went because she was in it.)
Another Chicago hater...lovely...you can protect me from Kelsey then (she's quite militant on that one).

The CGI looks good...the film looks excellent...but I have heard the stuff about how the rating stuff ruined it. Shame that. Funny thing is Keira said she DOES fancy Clive...so you'd have guessed there'd be chemistry. Of course we know that the trailers have been heavily editted (overemphasising Keira's role) so I suppose my view at this stage ain't worth much.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Another Chicago hater...lovely...you can protect me from Kelsey then (she's quite militant on that one).

The CGI looks good...the film looks excellent...but I have heard the stuff about how the rating stuff ruined it. Shame that. Funny thing is Keira said she DOES fancy Clive...so you'd have guessed there'd be chemistry. Of course we know that the trailers have been heavily editted (overemphasising Keira's role) so I suppose my view at this stage ain't worth much.
no problem hassle, holler if you need some help oh, and I would say that there is just a hint of chemistry between Keira/Clive and like I've been saying, KA suffers from it's pg-13 rating. I like Bruckheimers movies nice and violent, although Bors does supply the comic relief throughout the movie.