Worth 6 bucks? - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 30-08-2004, 06:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #61
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Kung-Fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
I'm not a big Jet Li fan, in fact, Hero is the only movie of his that I've liked. I'm more of a Bruce Lee kinda guy.
Bruce is definitely one of my favorites, but I'm also a huge fan of Jackie Chan's early stuff. There is just so much innovation in his classics. Now, everything he does is about Medallions or Tuxedos.

I want to see a Nunchaku fight between Napolean Dynamite and Bruce Lee...
Old 30-08-2004, 06:54 PM   #62
kilyncw

i must say i have grown into a larger jet li fan than anyone, although i give all earned respects to jackie chan his is still incredible.

bruce lee, there is nothing i can say to make him sound any greater than you already know he was. he was the best ever. i think, had he lived an entire life, brandon lee could have pushed thresholds as well.
________
Nz engine
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2004, 07:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #63
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyncw
i must say i have grown into a larger jet li fan than anyone, although i give all earned respects to jackie chan his is still incredible.

bruce lee, there is nothing i can say to make him sound any greater than you already know he was. he was the best ever. i think, had he lived an entire life, brandon lee could have pushed thresholds as well.
I'm not too sure if Brandon was like his father? Was he?

Doesn't really matter, they were both great. The Crow was an amazing movie too, but only if he never toke the role... then again that was the role that made him famous... :icon_redf
Old 30-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #64
kilyncw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
I'm not too sure if Brandon was like his father? Was he?

Doesn't really matter, they were both great. The Crow was an amazing movie too, but only if he never toke the role... then again that was the role that made him famous... :icon_redf

i don't think brandon was close to the martial artist as bruce but he did have a lot of time to prove himself to the world. rapid fire and the crow were two great movies and i think he could have made many more.

but yeah he would have been a different type of famous than bruce.
________
Recall zoloft
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:33 AM   Officer #65
Renegade
Stock Boy

Weeee. I saw The Bourne Supremacy yesterday. IMO, it ranks right up there with Spiderman 2 for the summer's best. Intense fight scenes and the craziest car chase ever! Now I think we can all consider Matt Damon an A-list actor now.

I was looking forward to seeing Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow this summer but it was pushed back . Ah well, it's coming out 9/17. Not that far away .
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 09:53 PM   Senior Registered Member #66
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
the craziest car chase ever!

It's up there at Number two for best car chase ever, I still have a thing for the Matrix Reloaded, since it was the only thing that saved the movie IMO.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:01 PM   Senior Registered Member #67
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
It's up there at Number two for best car chase ever, I still have a thing for the Matrix Reloaded, since it was the only thing that saved the movie IMO.
Really? I thought the kung-fu did. Certainly better than the original, in my opinion.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #68
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
Really? I thought the kung-fu did. Certainly better than the original, in my opinion.
Agreed, the fighting was a HELLA lot better than the original, but in some places, the CGI got laughable. Not overly bad, though, just enough for you to know where it was. Boy, what 6 months did, however, with Revolutions. Everything looked so much better, but "The Chase" is what sealed the deal for me last Summer.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:33 PM   Senior Registered Member #69
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Quote:
The actual best chase is from "True Lies". Does anyone remember the scene where Arnold rides a horse to chase a guy on a motorcycle? Pure genious...
Old 01-09-2004, 11:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #70
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
The actual best chase is from "True Lies". Does anyone remember the scene where Arnold rides a horse to chase a guy on a motorcycle? Pure genious...
Eh... not really. True Lies was great, but that was a little... over-the-top. :err: Rambo-ish, but original.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:04 AM   Senior Registered Member #71
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
yeah, that dosen't really count, seeing as Arnold wasn't even driving a car, rather an animal. Cool idea, but it just dosen't cut it.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #72
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Vroom...

Quote:
yeah, that dosen't really count, seeing as Arnold wasn't even driving a car, rather an animal. Cool idea, but it just dosen't cut it.
I think that anytime a motorcycle is jumped off a building into another building's pool, it cuts it...

Does anyone here think that Spiderman 2 will hit $400 million? It is in the $370 million range right now, after 8 or 9 weeks. I sure hope it gets there, because in my eyes, it surpassed the original (which grossed $400 million)...

I'll do the math later, but I think that the combined profits from Spiderman 2 and Shrek 2 equal those of the next 10 biggest summer movies...

Total revenue from: SPIDERMAN 2 and SHREK 2= $804 million
Total revenue from next 10 highest grossing movies since 5/28*= $1.18 billion.

*(Harry Potter 3, The Day After Tomorrow, The Bourne Supremacy, I, Robot, Fahrenheit 9/11, Dodgeball, The Village, Collateral, The Notebook, Garfield)

I was close, but I forgot to take Harry Potter into effect. Without him, it would have been neck-and-neck...

Last edited by Dyce_Blue; 02-09-2004 at 04:27 AM. Reason: I did the math...
Dyce_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 08:49 PM   #73
Adolf-The-Apple

Man, Colleteral is the worst movie I've ever seen in cinema! Good that someone else payd the card for that movie, else I would really be angry!
Old 02-09-2004, 09:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #74
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolf-The-Apple
Man, Colleteral is the worst movie I've ever seen in cinema! Good that someone else payd the card for that movie, else I would really be angry!
Be ready to get yelled at for your remark, apple. Me and many others think Collateral is either number one or two for this summer.

Dyce, I don't think Spidey 2 will make it, I think it's only getting around 1-3 million each week, so unless it's in the cinemas until November 30th (DVD release) then it won't make it. Sorry.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #75
gracie
Goddess

garden state and napoleon dynamite were the only movies worth paying nine bucks to see. king arthur-worth the 2 i paid

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
Lord knows, it would be the first time
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:40 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #76
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie
garden state and napoleon dynamite were the only movies worth paying nine bucks to see. king arthur-worth the 2 i paid
I was going to see Garden State this past weekend but went to the wrong theater because (see signature).
I've heard nothing but good things about it. Napolean Dynamite was an awesome movie. I still need to see it again for the extra after the credits.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:13 PM   Senior Registered Member #77
gracie
Goddess

haha, yeah it was an awesome movie. I need to see that extra scene too as i went the first weekend it was out at community theater. that movie was fab, but Garden State was so much better. Who knew that kid from scrubs had talent? I love that part in the preview/movie when Sam says "you gotta listen this song will change your life." The Shins will totally change your life. The soundtrack is pretty damn good
1. Don't Panic - Coldplay
2. Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
3. In The Waiting Line - Zero 7
4. New Slang - The Shins
5. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You - Colin Hay
6. Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers
7. Fair - Remy Zero
8. One Of These Things First - Nick Drake
9. Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation
10. The Only Living Boy In New York - Simon & Garfunkel
11. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine
12. Let Go - Frou Frou
13. Winding Road - Bonnie Somerville

i had just bought Frou Frou's album was psyched that it was on the soundtrack. I hadn't even heard of them untill my friend Nean sent me the song on the soundtrack. And the Iron and Wine cover of Such Great Heights was absolutely perfect in the movie. They all were. One of the best fitting soundtracks since The Royal Tennenbaums. Ah i loved that movie. done rambling now

So for once in my life
Let me get what I want
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote