distant relationships - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 12-08-2004, 05:23 PM   #1
kilyncw

distant relationships

aight i suck at this but here goes......

i met this girl when i was visiting home, i already knew of her and all that but we went out on the 4th of July and it was great then i we went out again that same weekend. i fell in love with her, but then i had to leave again. i am 4 states away now i talk to her every night for hours. i know she really cares about me too. i went home again just a few weeks ago and we spent every night together and it is great. i am truly in love with her. but now i am here again talking to her on the phone again.

even though we both really care about each other, i'm not real sure if it will work out. i can't do this or can't ask her to do this for the next 3 years until i am allowed to move back home. i am trying so hard to be home permanently before christmas so we can be together.

it comes up everytime we talk, and all she ever says is we just gotta see what happens and let time do its thing. i agree i guess, but i want to be with her so bad.

any tips from anyone who has been here before or has any insite at all.

i hate to say i may just have to leave it and say it was great while it lasted but that just be how it will have to go. i just can't ask her to wait for me, it is too selfish of me.
________
No2 vaporizer
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyncw
i hate to say i may just have to leave it and say it was great while it lasted but that just be how it will have to go. i just can't ask her to wait for me, it is too selfish of me.
If it really is love, it should still be strong even through distance. You say you honestly love this girl, so why break things off?

I know what you mean by the 'feeling selfish' thing, I was in a similar situation once, but it worked out. If she says she loves you, and if she truly means it, she shouldn't have a problem with waiting.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:17 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Long distance relationships can be hit and miss...my mate had one with a girl he thought was "the one"...within a week she'd found another guy and he found out simply by the other guy picking up the phone when my mate rang his "girlfriend"...when she snatched away the phone she confirmed it...WHORE.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 07:25 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Sad to say, long distance relationships rarely last. But then, neither do half of marriages. I was the third wheel in one my freshman year of college, unwittingly. It just got ugly.
Sorry to be such a wet blanket. :icon_err:
Old 16-08-2004, 07:51 PM   Officer #5
DragonRat
Officer

If it's going to be distant, it best be strong. Keep in touch constantly, at least once a day. If not online, then by phone. Send her the occasional snail mail, to make things more personal and intimate between the two of you. And, if you got the money, fly/drive to visit her every once in a while. Not saying you should do that all the time, but maybe once every few months. This is how my brother and his girlfriend continued a long-distance relationship three states away (California and Washington) for over two years. And now they live together.

Ah, and an ocean separates the object of my affection from me...

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2004, 07:57 PM   #6
kilyncw

that's awesome. how bout on the phone for hours everyday, text messages of just sweet nothings of intimacy like you said and i have gone home at least one weekend a month since we've started seeing each other. i don't know man if it worked for your brother and if it is working for you, i guess there is hope. i am working from north carolina to pennsylvania and i am determined to make it work because i love her. i know right now she feels the same i just hope it lasts. over labor day i will pretty be home for about 5 days and it will be just me and her.
________
HERBAL SHOP
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote