Hierarchy - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Administratum > KeiraKnightley.com & Forum Issues

KeiraKnightley.com & Forum Issues Anything relating to the website and forums themselves. You post it, we'll answer it.

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2004, 01:25 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Hierarchy

Wasn't sure where to put this (in terms of the correct board, so move it if you like) but it seems people have sort of forgotten to listen to the officers the same as they do to mods...thought this may help...this is basically the hierarchy of KKW as I see it (but of course an admin may disagree and change this post)

Newcomer (these people are just fodder...we can bully and belittle them all we want...no no...only kidding )

Member (Yes, that's us mere plebs)

Officer (Important members...there to sort of informally enforce rules, give input and try and ease the burden of the mods a little...they'll aim to steer a topic back on topic, the mods or admins will probably just lock it )

Moderator (These people have powers...and they've got a license to use them...if you don't obey they'll just lock...don't THINK they have the power to ban, except for Ducky as chief mod, but I'm not sure...they have the power to edit posts, and I believe delete them.)

Admins (These are our Gods...if they say it it IS law...but they've already said that what the mods say goes...and I believe the unwritten rule is that this often applies to officers too...they've been given the icons of recognition for a reason by the admins, so they're the eyes, ears and mouths of the big bosses...bear that in mind).

Hopefully this'll be of assistance to some people
Old 26-07-2004, 01:47 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Question Ok...

That is all well and good...but what does a Bunny Boiler do?
Old 26-07-2004, 01:48 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #3
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Stop being an idiot, and stop spamming crap. If you had a sense of humour and/or a brain you would know.

Have you never heard of custom titles?

My favourite: aim - Spoon
Old 26-07-2004, 10:51 AM   First Class Member Officer #4
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
That is all well and good...but what does a Bunny Boiler do?
Dyce, some people have different words under their name, the admins can write whatever they like, thats why you'll find some funny names under people's user names.
Old 26-07-2004, 12:56 PM   Officer #5
Julespaxton
Officer

hazzle, slight correction to the list, moderators do have the power to ban. fantastic isnt it?
Old 26-07-2004, 01:23 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #6
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Also it is not a well known fact but Officer, when created by Baz and Liam way back when, was rank above Moderator, and still is. Their position is one of respect, rather than a job which they must do, like a moderator.
Old 26-07-2004, 03:55 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #7
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

Interesting thread. We used to have a ranks page back on KKW2 but it got lost in the mists of progress.

I'll be dispensing the Senior Member ranks to the old-forumers shortly.

This is the way it looks at the moment:
Attached Images

Old 26-07-2004, 11:10 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Thanks for clearing this up...just wanted to make sure people actually listened to the officers as I was noticing them being shouted down.
Old 27-07-2004, 12:27 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #9
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoggy
Also it is not a well known fact but Officer, when created by Baz and Liam way back when, was rank above Moderator, and still is. Their position is one of respect, rather than a job which they must do, like a moderator.
Whatever.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Old 31-07-2004, 12:18 AM   #10
Princess

I just spared a few moments to glance through the whole thread here! Do moderators have access to member's passwords? :icon_err:
Old 31-07-2004, 12:20 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #11
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

No, in a word, what would the purpose of that be? Even administrators can't view your password
Old 31-07-2004, 12:38 AM   #12
Princess

Apoggy,

Someone once hi-jacked my password on a forum and posted articles that I didn't post. The administration of that forum was attempting to find out who and how my name was hi-jacked. To make your password more difficult to crack, use numbers, letters, uppercase, lowercase and add in a ; or :.

Hope that helps!
Old 31-07-2004, 12:55 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #13
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

If an admin, not moderator, really wanted a members password they could change their default email address to an address they control, try and log in, click forgot password and get the password sent to the email address. Then all they would have to do is change the default email back to the original one.
Old 31-07-2004, 02:46 AM   #14
Glare

apoggy is right, if an admin wanted to, they could, not that any kkw admin would go that low. If I ran a forum I would only ever have two admin, one being myself so if anything happened I knew who did it, the rest I would make mods.

Old 31-07-2004, 10:26 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #15
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

There are only 3 admins, as far as I'm aware...Poggs, Liam and Baz, and since Baz would be "you" in your example it's hardly much different.
Old 31-07-2004, 04:57 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #16
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

There may be three admins, but I also hold the keys for the 'Super Administrator' installation account for the boards. It is unmodifiable by anything save alteration to the SQL database itself, thus retaining absolute control in case of civil disobedience, french garlic attacks or alien invasion.
Old 31-07-2004, 05:34 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #17
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington
There may be three admins, but I also hold the keys for the 'Super Administrator' installation account for the boards. It is unmodifiable by anything save alteration to the SQL database itself, thus retaining absolute control in case of civil disobedience, french garlic attacks or alien invasion.
<nods> Good job sir...I was sure you had it all wrapped up chief
Old 03-08-2004, 03:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #18
DefyingGravity

I was on the old forums... I'm wondering why a star isn't under my name.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:30 AM   #19
Edward

nice, you can become a "senior" member
Old 04-08-2004, 09:16 PM   #20
Martha

Does a company called Infopop host Keira Knightley Wavefront Forums?
Closed Thread