Keira looks more like Natalie Portman,if you notice, - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:38 AM   #1
touch-me-not

Talking Keira looks more like Natalie Portman,if you notice,

Unless she is much more mature and sophiscated than the star wars star!

Last edited by touch-me-not; 11-08-2004 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:03 AM   Officer #2
DragonRat
Officer

Actually, I beg to differ on that point. Natalie looks much more the sophisticated lady than Keira. And besides, Natalie has a degree from Harvard University.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:51 AM   Officer #3
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
And besides, Natalie has a degree from Harvard University.
So that automatically makes Natalie better? Hardly. Don't get me wrong, it's special, great and honorable and all that jazz and you can often find me singing Nat's praises (I'm a huge NP fan, as well), but I get so tired of hearing about how incredibly smart and unique everyone thinks she is, just because she got a degree from Harvard University (in the throw-away subject of Psychology, no less). She's no genius, for cryin' out loud. Anyway, I don't see how graduating from Harvard has anything to do with Natalie's looks (it certainly doesn't make her look more sophisticated -- that, my friend, would be a good stylist).

Back on-topic: No, they don't look THAT much alike anymore -- they haven't for years. They're both gorgeous gals in their own ways. Saying Natalie looks better (or saying Keira looks better, for that matter) is purely subjective; just another opinion. This topic is silly.

Last edited by EmotionSickness; 11-08-2004 at 08:31 AM.
EmotionSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:53 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #4
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I don't think they look alike at all. After seeing how everyone was like totally into Natalie Portman after I started coming to KKW, I tried to find out more about her because I didn't really know much about her. That girl is like....superior. What an amazing and intelligent person! Keira may be compared to Natalie looks-wise, but she's got a lot to live up to for those who compare the types of people they are too.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:58 AM   Officer #5
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Hmm, okay. I'm sorry, but I don't see the superiority there. Maybe that's because I've been a big Nat fan for 8+ years now, so the hype has worn off. We don't know either of them very well, so, again, this is purely subjective. I don't get why it has to be a contest, though (it is on the Natalie boards, too). It's apples and oranges to me.

And, just so this post isn't completely off-topic: They did look remarkably alike back in the day (Episode I, anyone?), but, like I said, those days are long gone.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:08 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #6
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I don't think they should be compared either....I was just stating my opinion of Natalie since it came up. And everything I said was based on her accomplishments and direct quotes. I like Keira a lot, but I've yet to be as impressed as I am by Natalie by anything Keira has achieved or said in her private life. I'm sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear. I'm not just out to compare them...I never quite understood why she is constantly compared to her. Like you said...like apples and oranges.

Check out my blog:
Old 11-08-2004, 06:14 AM   Officer #7
EmotionSickness
Cutie

In all fairness, there are ten years worth of quotes (and major achievements) from Natalie, maybe two years tops, from Keira. She's barely made her way onto the scene.

Anyway, I didn't mean to imply that it was you (and only you) trying to compare the two, Kelsey. Plenty of other people do it (especially on the Natalie boards). Sorry if it came across that way. I, myself, am not partial to either girl, so I wasn't trying to defend Keira ... just trying to give her a fair chance, that's all.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:05 AM   #8
alby

I don't think the comparison is appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
I get so tired of hearing about how incredibly smart and unique everyone thinks she is, just because she got a degree from Harvard University (in the throwaway subject of Psychology, no less). She's no genius, for cryin' out loud. Anyway, I don't see how graduating from Harvard has anything to do with Natalie's looks (it certainly doesn't make her look more sophisticated -- that, my friend, would be a good stylist).
I think Portman's capacity to succeed at Harvard validates her intelligence, and I feel her intelligence adds to her attractiveness. I personally believe that intelligence is a desirable quality, a sentiment that Knightley also shares.

It takes brains to be accepted by Harvard, especially if you don't purchase your way into Harvard. By the way, I think your characterization of psychology as a "throw-away subject" is simply erroneous.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:23 AM   Officer #9
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Oh, come on. Everyone and their mom seems to get a degree in psychology (and half of them do absolutely nothing with it); I was speaking from personal experiences. But, that's neither here nor there, so perhaps I was a bit rash in saying that, and I'm sorry if I offended you.

I'm still sick of all the Natalie/Harvard talk, though and, in my opinion, it has ZERO to do with her physical appearance (now that's erroneous right there -- to suggest that being a little smarter than average makes her look better, but please don't get looks confused with overall attractiveness ... because that's not what I'm talking about here).

ANYway, this comparison is ridiculous and tired and has definitely run its course (and this is all I'm going to comment on the subject). I'm sure this will be locked soon enough.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
alby

Quote:
Oh, come on. Everyone and their mom seems to get a degree in psychology (and half of them do absolutely nothing with it); I was speaking from personal experiences. But, that's neither here nor there, so perhaps I was a bit rash in saying that, and I'm sorry if I offended you.
There are many people with JD's who don't end up practicing law, and there are mediocre people in every field of study. Graduating from Julliard doesn't automatically mean you'll be able to make a living as a musician or be as successful as Yo-Yo Ma.

Quote:
[...] to suggest that being a little smarter than average makes her look better, but please don't get looks confused with overall attractiveness.
I never said getting a degree from Harvard makes one more physically beautiful, and I never used beauty and attractiveness interchangeably.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:57 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
Narg
Westie Yobbo

they dont look the same, they look quite different, they used to look similar, but not now...
Old 11-08-2004, 09:20 AM   Officer #12
DragonRat
Officer

Actually, the original post said that Keira and Natalie look alike, but that one is more sophisticated and mature than the other. Perhaps you think that intelligence does not qualify for sophistication or maturity, but I tend to think otherwise. This does not make Keira a bad person, nor an ignorant or dumb person, but I tend to see someone like Natalie as much more sophisticated - not just she has a degree from Harvard (it was off-sarcastic, so pardon me), but that her repertoire of movies and acting ability thus far have surpassed Keira's.

As for looks, it used to be distinguishable, the very reason why Keira was chosen as Sabe in Episode I: The Phantom Menace. But now, they are two different people. I'll wait for this thread to die out, because locking isn't really necessary.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #13
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

The only way Natalie is more mature is because obviously she's older and she's been in the acting business for quite a while. Yeah 4 years isn't much difference, but in showbiz those years can mean a lot.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:47 AM   First Class Member Officer #14
Sarah
Nice

Keira and Natalie don't look anything alike anymore. Back when they did Episode I, Yes, they did look very similar, but they've both grown into their own bodies and faces now. They're two completly different people.

As for the brains thing, Jesus Christ let it go. What is it with people and saying ''well, this person has a degree, therefor they're a much better person''. WHAT BULL. I'm not going to get a degree, but that doesn't mean I'm inferior to my brother.

As for looks, on the other hand, I think that Natalie has a much more elegant side if you compare her to Keira.

Then again, they are both very beautiful in their own ways. The world will be a much better place when people stop comparing people to other people.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 09:57 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #15
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Ok...they don't look alike anymore.

They're both fucking gorgeous...why the "Nat's better looking than Keira" or "Keira's better looking" arguments? Just accept they're both gorgeous and for those of us who swing that way, we can gawp at both of them

As for the intelligence thing...a degree doesn't equal intelligence...I am walking talking proof of that...fuck me there are so many skilled jobs that require as much intelligence but don't require a degree...plumbers...builders (well draftsmen more than labourers)...mechanics...are these people stupid? Bollocks.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 01:27 PM   Officer #16
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Okay, I just had to add this:

Quote:
Perhaps you think that intelligence does not qualify for sophistication or maturity, but I tend to think otherwise
DR, you said nothing about intelligence or maturity (originally) or anything about those two aspects having anything to do with Natalie's physical beauty. Your entire "sophisticated" comment had nothing to do with sophistication itself, but sophisticated LOOKS. You said, and I quote: "Natalie looks much more the sophisticated lady than Keira." (the key word there being looks). So, you see, there's really no argument. I responded to your implication of Natalie being more sophisticated looking, not to mention I found your Harvard comment to be pretty arbitrary, unless it was meant to be in jest (and if so, I apologize). That said, I'm not looking for a petty argument; just sticking up for the little guy ... err, girl.

But, I've digressed, once again, from the topic-at-hand. Like I said, it's apples and oranges, people (it looks like Haz and Sarah get it ... congrats. ). Hmmm. I sure hope this doesn't become our resident Nat vs. Keira thread, 'cos you know, everybody has one. :icon_roll
Old 11-08-2004, 02:28 PM   #17
keiracaleb

i personally think nat and keira look nothing alike, an keira ismuch prettier, nat has a strange sort of face inmy opinion (please no NP fans come and scream at me saying stuff like how dare u u ho! and things like that, it's my opinion) keira's face is more slimmer than nat's and i've never particularily warmed to nat, she doesn't seem as down to earth as keira.
Jackhe's fine just like i promised she's all set to marry norrington just like she promised and you get to die for her just like you promised so really we're all men of our word exept elizabeth who is in fact a woman.

Keira(blooper on POTC after accepting norringotn's proposal)hall i shop for something to wear? Or will it be bare breast and ankles all the way?
keiracaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #18
Narzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Ok...they don't look alike anymore.

They're both fucking gorgeous...why the "Nat's better looking than Keira" or "Keira's better looking" arguments? Just accept they're both gorgeous and for those of us who swing that way, we can gawp at both of them
Yeah... Hazzle you 're right. I love both of them, very much!!!

steenbergenja@hotmail.com
Narzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 04:54 PM   #19
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

why do people always say they look like each other? they dont,piper parabo from cayote ugly looks like her
Old 11-08-2004, 11:59 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #20
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I don't think Piper Perabo looks like her at all! My friend Nichole is a Natalie clone. I tease her about it all the time - apparently she doesn't take that as a compliment. Wierd. Anyways, I've just realized I really like the name Piper.

Check out my blog: