King Arthur DVD Release Date! - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 10-08-2004, 04:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
frodo1511
Pin Dick

King Arthur DVD Release Date!

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/511/511698p1.html

Well, not exactly a release date, ign.com will only say January '05. It's odd, since Spider-Man 2 is being released during Thanksgiving, while I, Robot is being released sometime before Thanksgiving. Both movies were released a week before/after KA. The only reason I can come up with for the long release date for the DVD is so the marketers can put all the extra, deleted, r-rated footage into it. As long as that's the reason, then fine by me.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:28 PM   First Class Member Officer #2
Sarah
Nice

They don't exactly beat around the bush, do they?
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
Richard
Dated

I thought it would be released sooner. Movies that don't do so well, tend to.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:52 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #4
Oencross
Officer

I'm sure the reason why the film is coming out later is for a recut of the film. They're going to release the original Rated-R version of the film they had planned for. Since Disney crushed Fouqua's vision of the film, they're hoping that with this R version they can make a shit load more off of the DVD's over ticket sales. The January release dates is a bit late though. My thoughts are that it should come out 2 weeks before Christmas. It'd be a great marketing to have a wintery film come out during the winter and gives it the opportunity to be a gift for Christmas. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the geniuses at Disney decide.
Oencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:48 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

January...Happy Birthday to me!
I'll be first on my block with the DVD.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:18 PM   #6
Edward

same hassel , mine 7th of jan, so perfect timing
Old 11-08-2004, 01:08 AM   Senior Registered Member #7
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oencross
I'm sure the reason why the film is coming out later is for a recut of the film. They're going to release the original Rated-R version of the film they had planned for. Since Disney crushed Fouqua's vision of the film, they're hoping that with this R version they can make a shit load more off of the DVD's over ticket sales. The January release dates is a bit late though. My thoughts are that it should come out 2 weeks before Christmas. It'd be a great marketing to have a wintery film come out during the winter and gives it the opportunity to be a gift for Christmas. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the geniuses at Disney decide.

Yeah, that was the only reason I could come up with for such a late release. I mean, right after Christmas?! I remember SWAT coming out on DVD two weeks after Xmas, and it didn't do too well.... But ign.com only said that it was a proposed date, it's not set in stone at the moment. I think I see why Disney set the release until after Xmas: The Bourne Supremacy and Dodgeball both come out 2 weeks before, and Disney dosen't want to lose AGAIN! Hopefully with the recut scenes and all, Disney will get up off of there lazy asses and do something RIGHT for a change. Dosen't matter to me personally, since I'm still going to get it on opening day.
...Just need to save up some Xmas money, though...
Old 11-08-2004, 05:22 AM   #8
slimgopey
Newcomer

the director has said in more then one interview that he's eager to put an uncut version of the film on dvd. That's most likely the reason. now that's a movie I'd like to see.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:27 AM   Senior Registered Member #9
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Excellent, ill be purchasing this as soon as it comes out, thats for sure. *saves some money up* Need jobs...

Last edited by deviljet88; 11-08-2004 at 01:43 PM.
Narg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #10
Keyser_so_so

We can only hope there's a 15/18 rated version... If not it's still essential purchasing!
Old 22-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #11
GuinevereLover

Looking forward to it!

Good, I am going to buy that for sure.

P.S Sarah-I like your Avatar!
GuinevereLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 02:58 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oencross

You should never change the desires of a director...Disney is so stupid...

Their last two movies have bombed uncontrollably. Has anyone even heard of "Home on the Range"?
Old 26-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #13
MarkOB

If I had to make a prediction for this, without looking at what anyone else might say, I'd have said Christmas.

Near to when PotC was released on DVD last year.
MarkOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 09:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
You should never change the desires of a director...Disney is so stupid...

Their last two movies have bombed uncontrollably. Has anyone even heard of "Home on the Range"?

Unfortunatley, I've heard of the movie. When I stayed at Disneyland over the Holidays, they had flyers for the "movie" in their bus system. Looked like shit, and was shit.
Old 26-08-2004, 11:27 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Home on the Range...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Unfortunatley, I've heard of the movie. When I stayed at Disneyland over the Holidays, they had flyers for the "movie" in their bus system. Looked like shit, and was shit.
Any cartoon where Rosanne is the voice of a cow has no potential whatsoever. That is definitely not a marketable movie...

That must be why it cracked the top 10 box office sales for only one week (#7 I believe).

It makes King Arthur look like a success (3 weeks in top 10)
Old 27-08-2004, 12:11 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #16
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
Any cartoon where Rosanne is the voice of a cow has no potential whatsoever. That is definitely not a marketable movie...

That must be why it cracked the top 10 box office sales for only one week (#7 I believe).
And what pray did that have to do with the release date of KA?

Warning No1
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 12:24 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Absolutly nothing:

ANYWAY, I have a feeling that the movie will not make it in time for a christmas release: I've checked 7 different sources, and say that the earliest time of a release is January 4, but unlikely, since that's the release date of Troy.
Oh, well...
Old 27-08-2004, 05:16 AM   #18
Ipomoea

Definitely not before Christmas. Videoeta.com was saying December for a while, but they recently changed that to January. The closest I've seen to an actual pinned down date is on an Asia-based retail site here, that has an expected release date of January 29.
Old 27-08-2004, 04:12 PM   #19
MarkOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipomoea
Definitely not before Christmas. Videoeta.com was saying December for a while, but they recently changed that to January. The closest I've seen to an actual pinned down date is on an Asia-based retail site here, that has an expected release date of January 29.
That sounds about right. But wouldn't most people say that Christmas is far better? More people are going to be buying DVDs and videos on December 29th or just before than January 29th. Doesn't it seem like an unusually long time?
MarkOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 07:11 PM   #20
pyratesweetie
Newcomer

January!

I never got a chance to see king arthur, I was upset that I missed it!! How was it?? January seems so far away!
~Stephanie
:fencing:
pyratesweetie is offline   Reply With Quote