Your favorite soda is... - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 12-08-2004, 12:38 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #41
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Sorry for the spam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
This isn't soda, but it was the nicest drink in the world.

About 7 years ago it was on sale in Grimsby and Cleethorpes for about 5 months... just here. It was some kind of test thing. I loved it and I was gutted when they took it away. It appears you can buy it in Germany... nice.
But the first time I saw your post, the pic was a red x. Down here in Florida, we get some really interesting sodas and drinks like this. There's a little Latin market called Rosa's near where I work. They sell the best Cuban sandwiches and all kinds of sodas and fruit drinks from around Latin America. Lots of mango and guava drinks. Mmmm...Guava turnovers. Shit, now I'm hungry.
Old 25-08-2004, 03:07 AM   #42
meegaan1

Barqs Rootbeer. I don't drink Coca-Cola anymore because I could make old, dirty, disgusting pennies brand new by putting them in a cup of Coke.
meegaan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 03:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #43
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Dictionary...

I didn't take the time to read back into the post to see if this was said, but...

By definition, soda and cola are two entirely different things.

My favorite soda is Sprite, the only non-Gatorade beverage that truly quenches my thirst...

My favorite cola, though, is PEPSI. Coca-Cola can shove its billions of dollars up the company's ass, because it tastes like crap compared to good old Pepsi, or PepsiSi.(Yes, I do know that Coca-Cola makes Sprite)

My favorite imported carbonated beverage is called Jarritos. You might see them at a trendy fake Mexican food restaurant in your own hometown. They come in all sorts of flavors that Americans don't understand, like Tamarind...

You haven't had a real Jarritos until you've had it in Mexico, where they re-use the bottles. Half the fun is hypothesizing who used the bottle last, and if it were washed correctly.
Old 25-08-2004, 05:52 PM   #44
kilyncw

at least you didn't call it pop, god that annoys me so much. i'm sure me calling it soda annoys those who always call it pop. but grrrr.
________
Simca 1300/1500
kilyncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2004, 05:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #45
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyncw
at least you didn't call it pop, god that annoys me so much. i'm sure me calling it soda annoys those who always call it pop. but grrrr.
Shut up, man. Us Rochestarians only call it 'pop'. Dick. I feel special calling it that. Calling it 'soda' doesn't really annoy us, though it does feel a little weird saying 'soda'.
Old 25-08-2004, 05:58 PM   #46
kilyncw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby
Shut up, man. Us Rochestarians only call it 'pop'. Dick. I feel special calling it that. Calling it 'soda' doesn't really annoy us, though it does feel a little weird saying 'soda'.
yeah northern pa calls it pop too. i have never heard that til i was like 12. i had no idea what they were talking about.
________
Vaporizer Volcano
Old 26-08-2004, 02:55 AM   Senior Registered Member #47
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Dictionary Pt. II

What, by definition is pop? Soda is a carbonated water type drink, while cola is more of a syrup based carbonated beverage. Is pop the ever-coveted all-encompassing term?
Old 26-08-2004, 03:12 AM   Senior Registered Member #48
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Pop is just what we call soda. Only northeast US people call it that though. We don't say 'soda'...ever. Soda = Pop.
Old 26-08-2004, 03:14 AM   Senior Registered Member #49
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Then what is soda pop?
Old 26-08-2004, 12:28 PM   #50
kilyncw

it is all the same thing. soda pop is a compromise i guess.
________
Pregnant Bbw
Old 26-08-2004, 12:37 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #51
Liam
Bogan Elite

Ho ho. Pop? You crazy kids.
Old 26-08-2004, 12:37 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #52
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is why Southerners call it:
Co-Cola if they want a cold, fizzy cola beverage.
Dr. Pepper if they want, um...a cold, fizzy doctor flavored beverage. :icon_err:
Seb-um-up if they want a cold, fizzy lemon-lime beverage.

This eliminates all of the confusion.

And, if we want an RC and a Moon-Pie, then by God we ask for an RC and a Moon-Pie...even if we are in the hardware store.
Old 26-08-2004, 12:40 PM   Officer #53
EmotionSickness
Cutie

My boyfriend (who is from Pittsburgh) says "pop", which annoys the hell outta me (I swear, they have their own language up there). Down here, we call it "soda", a "soft drink" or "coke" (yes, even when we're not talking about Coca Cola brand). Yeah, I think I just say "coke" more than anything, which, in theory, is even dumber than "pop". Oh well.
Old 26-08-2004, 12:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #54
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
My boyfriend (who is from Pittsburgh) says "pop", which annoys the hell outta me (I swear, they have their own language up there). Down here, we call it "soda", a "soft drink" or "coke" (yes, even when we're not talking about Coca Cola brand). Yeah, I think I just say "coke" more than anything, which, in theory, is even dumber than "pop". Oh well.
i say 'pop' or 'coke'
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2004, 12:43 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #55
Liam
Bogan Elite

I just ask for a coke. Seems simple enough to me.

I usually drink between 1 and 2 litres of coke a day. I don't see the point in paying good money for bottled water which has no taste and can be poured from a tap for free. Bluergh.

My record is from my trip to England. Cliff and I put away 8 litres of coke in about an hour. Im surprised I still have teeth/stomach lining remaining. But I figure by the time my insides are corroded badly enough to warrant replacement, doctors will have robotic implants ready to roll.
Old 26-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #56
kilyncw

maybe i am from a wierd part of pennsylvania then cause i know of a lot of people in pa that say pop, but in dead center amish country we call it soda.
but yeah that whole calling everything coke is really really wierd too. but i have heard it before.

but i don't know there is something about pop where, not arrogantly but just cause i think it is funny, i laugh when someone says pop.
________
Problems with prilosec
Old 26-08-2004, 12:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #57
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
I just ask for a coke. Seems simple enough to me.

I usually drink between 1 and 2 litres of coke a day. I don't see the point in paying good money for bottled water which has no taste and can be poured from a tap for free. Bluergh.

My record is from my trip to England. Cliff and I put away 8 litres of coke in about an hour. Im surprised I still have teeth/stomach lining remaining. But I figure by the time my insides are corroded badly enough to warrant replacement, doctors will have robotic implants ready to roll.
Now a days, I'd much rather have water than coke. Coke'll rot my teeth and aid in making me fat.
That much sugar is just...ick.
Old 26-08-2004, 12:48 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #58
Liam
Bogan Elite

It hasnt made me fat. Much. 6'2 and 162lbs...not too bad, I think.

Apparently I'm of 'athletic' build. Harr. The coke is harmless.
Old 26-08-2004, 12:50 PM   Officer #59
EmotionSickness
Cutie

Haha, yes. Coke is addictive. Err ... Coca Cola is addictive. At last, I've finally found someone who's cola consumption rivals my own! I must drink at least four-to-five cans (about 12 fluid ounces each) daily. All that acid corrosion, all those empty calories! *sigh*

I've tried to get hooked on Diet Coke, but it makes me gag. And while the new low-carb/low-cal C2 is a vast improvement in taste, it still pales in comparison to the original.

Nope, I'll never give up my coke habit.

Edit -- Re: the water comments. I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for bottled water and the tap water here is just gross (way too many minerals). Besides, water just doesn't taste good.
Old 26-08-2004, 12:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #60
ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionSickness
Haha, yes. Coke is addictive. Err ... Coca Cola is addictive. At last, I've finally found someone who's cola consumption rivals my own! I must drink at least four-to-five cans (about 12 fluid ounces each) daily. All that acid corrosion, all those empty calories! *sigh*

I've tried to get hooked on Diet Coke, but it makes me gag. And while the new low-carb/low-cal C2 is a vast improvement in taste, it still pales in comparison to the original.

Nope, I'll never give up my coke habit.
when i do drink it, it's usually diet. it tastes the same after a while. i once thought as you did until i didn't feel the worthless calories/carbs in regular coke were worth the additional taste any longer.