Albert Einstein - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:54 PM   #1
AureaMediocritas

Albert Einstein

A somehow clever physicist once said :
"I don't know what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
What do YOU think ?
1. Is there a possibility of Third World War breaking out in the future or do you
believe that the current great powers -especially the U.S.- will prevent such
a wide-spread military conflict from causing the death of millions of people ?

2. If you believe WWIII might possibly happen sometimes in the future , will
it cause the ultimate elimination of mankind - considering the threat of weapons
of mass destruction - blown away by several "red" buttons being pushed ?

3. (quite a scary question)
What countries (continents,alliances and so on) , according to you , will
be the opponents ?

4. (and a stupid one to finish)
Will you be one of those who are going to watch the first explosions of the
hostilities that have just begun on TV ?
AureaMediocritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:59 PM   First Class Member Officer #2
Sarah
Nice

...Interesting, but moving to General Discussion...
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:33 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
CFC
Lord Cock Inhaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaMediocritas
A somehow clever physicist once said :
"I don't know what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."
What do YOU think ?
1. Is there a possibility of Third World War breaking out in the future or do you believe that the current great powers -especially the U.S.- will prevent such a wide-spread military conflict from causing the death of millions of people ?
There is always a possibility. The US will be invilved somehow.

Quote:
2. If you believe WWIII might possibly happen sometimes in the future , will
it cause the ultimate elimination of mankind - considering the threat of weapons of mass destruction - blown away by several "red" buttons being pushed ?
Not the ultimate elimination, but the death count will be high.

Quote:
3. (quite a scary question)
What countries (continents,alliances and so on) , according to you , will
be the opponents ?
America vs the EU maybe. Could be America vs the world. It seems like we are turning into the "bad guy".

Quote:
4. (and a stupid one to finish)
Will you be one of those who are going to watch the first explosions of the
hostilities that have just begun on TV ?
I might be even closer then that since I may be joining the military in a year.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Here are my predictions:

1. There's always the possiblility of another World War, either tommorow, next year, or in a decade. Who knows.
2. Most likely. In my opinion, WWIII will be fought over either water, or machines against humanity.
3. It will be a "true" WWIII, with EVERYONE INVOLVED, in one way or another.
4. Of course not. I'll be busy playing Halo 2 in my newly-built bomb shelter.
Old 09-08-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
Snoug
Newcomer

hmm will there be a world war 3 hmm

Its possible but i dont think so.

I think there will be large wars but not to the point where it involves such a massive scale such as the world wars. I also think any country with mass destructive weapons will not use them.. They were used once and they saw the outcome and it achieved nothing. I Dont think the people who run the countries will use them again.

If it was left to the general public to decide lol well we'd all be gonners.

The us is already starting to clean up and hopefully will lead as a example for the other countries in the UN to do the right thing and start standing for something.

Im thinking the countries will develop a neutral peice and will pretty much stay out of each others buisness for the most part. But the world will always have the certain countries that will be the "Trouble makers" that will need to be taken care of.

Well my thoughts.
Snoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:13 AM   #6
alby

Possibly a war involving the People's Republic of China.

For all his genius, Einstein didn't treat his family very well.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:41 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC
America vs the EU maybe. Could be America vs the world. It seems like we are turning into the "bad guy".
Well who'd us Brits fight for then? I actually suspect if America went into a major world war, England, Australia, Canada, and probably India would all side with America. Then let us not forget the Israelis...the Spanish have so far stood strongly by America...so I very much doubt it'd be like that.

Much more likely to be a typical world war involving a fair few nations over some scarce commodity or some tinpot dictators who get together to form a rabble...a la Franco, Mussolini and of course Hitler...thank GOD the Fascists were avowedly anti-Communist because had they got Stalin on side...we'd have been fucked.

As it happens I very much doubt we'll ever get to that stage. After 9/11 any potential threat like Iraq (which could have been an actual threat in the future) will be dealt with before it becomes a real danger...and thus I think with pre-emptive attacks being the order of the day...I doubt we'll ever get to the stage of a world war. Fact is, when all's said and done, for all their bitching none of America's opponents sent troops to help the Iraqis...and noone REALLY wants to challenge America's authority.

Thus I very much doubt there will ever be a true world-scale war...not to say there won't be wars, and possibly big ones...just not a massive world war.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:54 PM   #8
AureaMediocritas

Just one idea about " the U.S cleaning up in the world" ...
http://comnet.org/local/orgs/wilpf/listofwars.html
Still a lot of work to do , ay ?
( I should admit though that an American intervention in the Russia-Chechnya
conflict wouldn 't be clever geopolitically )
Old 10-08-2004, 07:25 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #9
Oencross
Officer

First of all, this should really be titled, World War Possibilities, because it has nothing to do with Albert Einstein. It's a very off-topic thread. Moving on though, chances are nuclear bombs will be out of the question for most "civil" or "fist world" countries. No one wants to annihilate an entire country because it'd cause the rest of the world to come down on that one country who set off a nuke first. Not to mention that any nuclear bomb would be thousands of times more volatile than the ones dropped on Japan. I really don't see it happening anytime soon. Terrorist bombings are all too common in countries outside of the United States. We finally got a taste and realized what the rest of the world has to deal with. It's horrible, but it's the way things happened and now we have to deal with it. WWIII is just not an option.
Oencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:09 AM   #10
alby

Quote:
Just one idea about " the U.S cleaning up in the world" ...
http://comnet.org/local/orgs/wilpf/listofwars.html
Still a lot of work to do , ay ?
( I should admit though that an American intervention in the Russia-Chechnya
conflict wouldn 't be clever geopolitically )
The US isn't going to clean up the rest of the world and neither will any other country.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:30 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oencross
First of all, this should really be titled, World War Possibilities, because it has nothing to do with Albert Einstein. It's a very off-topic thread.
The initial quote was an Einstein quote...interesting topic titles are nice to see...it's about bloody time some people stopped with the blatantly obvious unoriginal titles...I'm not going to change this title, as I'd like to encourage this sort of creativity...but on the other hand this does NOT mean I'm saying every thread has to have an original title (I'm not a post-title nazi )...just addressing this issue from a modship perspective.

Carry on...the discussion's facinating...good to see
Old 11-08-2004, 01:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
The initial quote was an Einstein quote...interesting topic titles are nice to see...it's about bloody time some people stopped with the blatantly obvious unoriginal titles...I'm not going to change this title, as I'd like to encourage this sort of creativity...but on the other hand this does NOT mean I'm saying every thread has to have an original title (I'm not a post-title nazi )...just addressing this issue from a modship perspective.

Carry on...the discussion's facinating...good to see

Only bad thing about topic titles are that someone could get confused about what they are going to read about. The title could have something to do with water, and have the thread speak about airplanes, or something to that matter.

Back on topic, I think that the next WW will deal immensly on Artificial Intelligence, either siding with or against humanity. Anyone see the Second Rennisance on The Animatrix?
Old 11-08-2004, 02:25 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodo1511
Only bad thing about topic titles are that someone could get confused about what they are going to read about. The title could have something to do with water, and have the thread speak about airplanes, or something to that matter.
I can see how people uninterested in science might get put off...but oh well...that'll teach people

I'm not editting the title...if another mod feels it needs it, go for it...<shrugs>. I think if you REALLY want to discuss thread titles, start a new thread for it under Wavefront Issues (although I doubt it needs it)...and let's keep this strictly on the topic at hand (yes I know I'm deviating with this, I'm just asking politely that we stop the off-topic discussion as it's starting to take a life of its own )
Old 11-08-2004, 06:28 AM   #14
alby

I find it rather amusing how a “militant pacifist” such as Einstein indirectly created the atomic bomb. (Einstein discovered the equivalence of mass and energy, and the scientific work based upon this relationship made the release of atomic energy possible.)

As long as there are sovereign nations possessing great power, war is inevitable. - Albert Einstein
Old 11-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #15
AureaMediocritas

I personally believe that it is probably beneficial when more than one country
possess really strong and scary weapons ( although,of course, it would be ideal if not one single country owned them) as this creates some kind of "balance" in diplomatic and geopolitical affairs...Otherwise , one chosen state would be tempted to abuse of its enormous power in order to dominate the rest of the world.
So, however inhumain our beloved Jossip "Staline" may appear , his idea of
developping such terrible bombs as well in 1949 was not that bad in my opinion.
The eternal "diplomatic difficulties" between the U.S. and Europe on the one
hand and the U.S.S.R on the other hand, generally referred to by "The Cold War", had already begun just after the end of WW II (in Europe, as the Jerries
eventually had to surrend on May 8 th 1945), so who knows what this "Cold
War" would have turned into if the Soviets had not created their own missiles?
Nowadays , we are lucky that most of the countries that possess such weapons are getting along well (Pakistan-India?) , are rather harmless (China?, the U.S.?) and politically stable (Russia?)...
I' m not sure whether this moves too far away from our discussion , but here
are other "amusing" details : the U.S did not only "import" jewish scientists
(undoubtedly not the most fervent admirers of the nazi-regime) in order to
compensate "their lack of geniuses" , but also some really nice nazi-"Arier"s :
the most famous example is of course Wernher von Braun involved in the
development of rockets in the 60 s. And , not dramatic but funny , the U.S.
decided just after the creation of the four German occupation zones ( three
of these being reunited later on into a "Bundesrepublik Deutschland") that
"Western Germany" needed an army to protect "themselves" against the "Reds" : they mainly recruted highly-ranked (former) "Wehrmacht (-> Nazi-army) officers who definitaley knew how to train the soldiers in the best way how nice !!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:55 AM   #16
alby

Quote:
So, however inhumain our beloved Jossip "Staline" may appear, his idea of developping such terrible bombs as well in 1949 was not that bad in my opinion.
Inhumane is right. Stalin is considered to be one of the greatest mass murderers in human history.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Inhumane is right. Stalin is considered to be one of the greatest mass murderers in human history.

Kinda like Hitler and the Nazi party, eh?
Old 12-08-2004, 02:52 PM   #18
AureaMediocritas

Kinda worse , it is believed that he is responsible for more deaths than Hitler ,
owing to the fact that his political police (1918-21 : Tcheka 1921-29 : GPU
1929-1946 : N.K.V.D 1946 : Split into M.G.B and M.V.D 1953 : M.G.B turns into
the "legendary" K.G.B) as well as the "Smersh" ( in WW II) deportated every
presumed "regime-hostile element" to the Gulag (the soviet concentration camps) or just shot them in a somehow quiet location :/
Moreover , he was a paranoid crazy little fucker...
Old 12-08-2004, 04:54 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #19
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Kinda worse , it is believed that he is responsible for more deaths than Hitler ,
owing to the fact that his political police (1918-21 : Tcheka 1921-29 : GPU
1929-1946 : N.K.V.D 1946 : Split into M.G.B and M.V.D 1953 : M.G.B turns into
the "legendary" K.G.B) as well as the "Smersh" ( in WW II) deportated every
presumed "regime-hostile element" to the Gulag (the soviet concentration camps) or just shot them in a somehow quiet location :/
Moreover , he was a paranoid crazy little fucker...
Aye...common misconception that Hitler was worse than Stalin...it's bollocks...Stalin was by far the worst.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #20
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Aye...common misconception that Hitler was worse than Stalin...it's bollocks...Stalin was by far the worst.

Hitler was a close second, and younger people still think he's the worst.
...maby because he was insane...