Big Brother - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 06-08-2004, 08:59 AM   #1
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

Big Brother

Who do you want to win it? :icon_err:
Old 06-08-2004, 09:18 AM   First Class Member Officer #2
Sarah
Nice

Lets try and turn this into a good discussion, shall we?

I want Nadia to win.

To quote the Mirror :
VOTE FOR NADIA

THERE is only one Big Brother housemate to vote for today.

From day one, she has been herself. Despite carrying a heavy secret, she has been the most open and the most sincere.

She has shown herself fearless in the face of aggression. She has shown she's all woman by showering in six-inch killer heels.

Hilarious and spirited, outrageous and vulnerable, Nadia is everything the nation could wish for in a BB contestant.

And it's only fair the Portuguese should win something this summer.

--
I think Nadia really deserves to win.

What has your opinion of Big brother been this year? Personally I think it has been the best Big Brother ever. I'm sure a lot of people here will say how rubbish BB is or whatever, I like it!
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:21 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #3
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

What exactly is the concept of the show? We have a version of it here as well, and even though it's on its 4th or 5th season, I've never really attempted to get into it. But I've caught the tail end of the last few episodes since it's on right before The Amazing Race (OMG, most addicting show ever!), and so lately I've been wondering just what the point of it is. I know there are a lot of people who are really into it.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:24 AM   First Class Member Officer #4
Sarah
Nice

I'm not really sure of the point, to be honest. It's just really addictive over here. I'm not sure if the American version is any good because I've never seen it. I think BB is just a nation-wide addiction over here.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:28 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #5
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Oh. All I know is there's a whole bunch of people like...stuck in a house with a camera watching them 24/7? People used to be really addicted, and then it left for a couple seasons and now it's back. I think it's the same as in the UK and the other countries they show it in, only with Americans. Just wondering what the point was because every time I turn it on they're on a couch and power gets passed to someone else. I don't know.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:30 AM   First Class Member Officer #6
Sarah
Nice

Yes, well its been on here every year since 2000. Last year is was REALLY boring, nothing ever happened in the house, but this year has been really explosive.. there's been huge fights and its just been a lot of fun. I'm sad that its coming to an end tonight, but it has to end sometime. I'm just happy that its been so lively this year.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:45 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Nadia's been ashamed of herself...hardly call that being yourself. She's played the public sympathy perfectly, by telling them all about her heartbreaking ordeal and then purposely not telling the house so she can spin this "acceptance" spiel...whereas any idiot can tell if she wanted to be accepted as a woman she should never have told the public, as they haven't accepted her as one, whatever shit people say, they've accepted her as the transexual. I've noticed EVERY person who've said they want her to win mention her "secret" or her "ordeal" her "experience" or "What she's been through". What's that got to do with winning? Sympathy? Pity? With pity comes contempt.

Victor was the only worthy winner...himself...played the game...was funny...didn't pander to public sympathy or any of that BS...best housemate by far ever...typically shows the great British public can't stand TRUE honesty...ironic then that the few American celebrities who've commented on BB5 like the plots that Vic and Jay get up to...it's the bloody concept of the show

Of those left, should be Jay, but never will be. Dan's licked arsed since day one, in more ways than one He panders to whoever he thinks has a shot of winning, initially Jason and Vanessa, and then Nadia and Marco...and now he seems to have come full circle back to Jason again, since the last three evictions he's been up and survived

Ahh well...yet again the great British public showing their idiocy will vote for Nadia the fake, Nadia the sympathetic pitied person...and to be honest I feel sorry for her if that's what it takes her to win. She should've chosen to either be proud of her ordeal, and then tell everyone, including the house, or said "I am a woman, I want to be accepted as one, so I'll tell noone"...she hedged her bets for a reason people She's playing every single one of you...and perhaps for that, the best game plan of all, she deserves to win...you'll all see you've been played...as you did with Cameron last year...we haven't had a truly worthy BB winner since Brian.

And yes, I watch Big Brother...got addicted to series 3 as it was my final year of Uni and it began the day of my last exam, so I just got into it, developed insomnia from staying up playing cards online so I used to have BB in the background...got hooked. Plays into everyone natural voyeuristic side. Unlike most, however, I don't get obsessive about it, or obsessive about particular people...people act like they know these folk, as opposed to simply knowing whatever side of these people they choose to portray on TV.

EDIT: Just noticed how long this post was...sheesh :icon_redf
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #8
keira loves lipgloss
Easily Excited

I want nadia to win,she is bubbly and bright
Old 06-08-2004, 09:49 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

And all this crap about her being funny is well off...laughing AT someone is different than laughing with them. Plus she's not even that funny to laugh AT. She's actually vicious, and a bully, and has picked fights with everyone, and made everyone think it's been others attacking her (eg Jason). It's just like Emma...everyone was convinced Vic started it...yet at MTV she supposedly attacked him and MTV's staff called her a psycho, and felt Vic had been the innocent victim who just stood his ground

Finally some sense is arriving...and you'll all see it with Nadia too...too late methinks, sadly
Old 06-08-2004, 09:57 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #10
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

I don't care. Let me rephrase, I don't give a shit.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:57 AM   First Class Member Officer #11
Sarah
Nice

I'm not sad enough to vote for any of them, I just like Nadia's laugh and I think she's cool. I want her to win.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:58 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Heh...what a surprise there Ducky

Well...we know your thoughts...and I've said mine...I'll leave the teenybopper idiots to their obsessive bullshit which shows all the intelligence of a slug. Oh well.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

What version are you guys up to in the UK? In Australia, the 3rd version (not counting celebrity version) just finished, with a prize of 1 million aus dollars.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:44 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
Narg
Westie Yobbo

They run different seasons in each country, weve had a couple, i watched the first one right through, got bored with the others...
Old 06-08-2004, 01:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

They're all boring, though the first one was the greatest just for having Sara-Marie and Blair, who's now on Neighbours.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 06-08-2004, 01:48 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #16
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

We're on series 5...
Old 06-08-2004, 01:53 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

Does it still get good ratings? I mean by the 5th episode here I hope its dead as a doornail. The final episode aired in Melbourne got over half a million viewers.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
Old 06-08-2004, 04:57 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #18
Liam
Bogan Elite

I echo duckula's sentiment.

In fact, I'll take it a step further. We should take everyone involved with the show, stuff them into the house, and lock the doors. Make them eat each other. Or something.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:59 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #19
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Battle Royale (or Running Man, I'm not fussed).
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:01 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #20
Liam
Bogan Elite

Sarin gas?