What is truly SEXY? - Page 3 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Old 30-08-2004, 07:20 AM   #41
NearokA

Sexy?

1). You'll definately need clothes. I'd say the more physically shaped you are, the less you can spend on designer wear. And definatly get a pair of nice Italian shoes. Italian leather is very sexy.

2). You'll need make up and a hair stylist. You can't be sexy without the hair. All women should have a hairstylist. There's no excuse for horrible hair.

3). If you have ever watched models strut down the walkway, that is how you should be walking. Tall, confident, and shaking that ass.

4). Posture. Most women walk with a slouch posture and I never really did understand this much. Good posture can go a long way.

5). You'll need to develop a sexy, playful voice. I usually talk in two different tones. One tone for friendly banter, and another tone for getting laid. Try not and overdo the sexy voice though but do overdo the playful voice.

6). Smile lots.

7). Touching. Playful touches to the face, hair, arms, or legs says alot about the interest level. If you subtley brush a man on the arms or face, you'll definately get his attention, unless he's a complete idiot.
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time,
--Mos Def
NearokA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2004, 10:07 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #42
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Not talking shit helps too. If you are hot, smart and shove your breasts in my face that's all that's neccessary.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 05:41 AM   #43
Mickydrip
Newcomer

Even If I Am 14 I Still Have An Opinion Even If Some ppl Dont Think So - well it differs for most ppl some like facial some like clothes some like body it is different for every1 for me it is combos well for a reall sexy chick its a thin body between 50-100kg at least u wear sometype of clothes but nothing to wrecked or dirty the face is most important hair has to be clean and shiny u dont want some1 with dry hair legs,arms,back and other places u get hair to be shaven nothing is as bad and as well if u r truly sexy u dont really need makeup or things like that u just match and look good in almost anything but for me most chicks that are truly sexy bikini and beach scenes do it for me but at HIGH SCHOOL it is mostly favored as either tough and athletic ppl some with good and bad faces and most of all they normally arent shy and dont talk soft or anything like that i am shy at school and im ugly.... yeah but thats just my choices every1 or most of every1 is different
:Hail::fencing:
Old 18-03-2005, 03:32 PM   #44
jei
Newcomer

Talking

really sexy is a piercing in the tongue!!!
lol
jei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:11 PM   #45
miri

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
Not talking shit helps too. If you are hot, smart and shove your breasts in my face that's all that's neccessary.
Fairly materialistic way of thinking about women's worth...
Old 09-04-2005, 01:53 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #46
barrington
Kite-Eating Tree

But he's right.
barrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:52 PM   #47
miri

Well, I believe not all men second that
Old 23-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #48
Shai Knightley

I think it means just being yourself and accepting your body type
Everyone is sexy in different ways
Old 30-05-2005, 04:37 AM   #49
kelsen13
Newcomer

hey i'm new and this is a topic i can contribute in!

well, physicaly i like for a guy to be taller than me by like 4-ish inches. not towering but not shorterr than me so he doesn't have to stand on the curb when we kiss (not kidding, had to have one guy do that). I'm really not a big fan of the typical idea of sexiness as big, scary muscles. I much prefer thin guys with muscle tone, not bulk. wiery lean muscles are the kind i find most attractive. i do not like it when guys dye their hair. it's a big turn off. and please, don't have jesus hair. and at the same time don't have no hair. kissable lips are the best, but not i-just-got-punched-in-the-face-lips. i'm a big sucker for light green-light brown eyes.
the physical doesn't really matter though if the character is great. personality wise, humor is so sexy. and as cliche as it is, so is confidence. a guy needs to have initiative. intellegence/talant in something is a turn on. i think that's why so many girls (me included) fall for musicains (not just guitarists, personaly i have a thing for guys who play the stand up bass). it's nice to know a guy is dedicated to something and is creative. i so basically, nothing is sexier to me than a guy who jokes to me and who can flirt verbaly and not just physicaly. a guy who has energy to be up for anything, and yet has his mellow moment. and a guy who i can go see play a show. and i know i'm really picky
kelsen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #50
billie
Newcomer

Talking

sense of humor, intelligence and confidence.. those are SEXY to me... yummy
billie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2005, 09:42 AM   Officer #51
DragonRat
Officer

Since people have different ideas of what is truly sexy, then there cannot be anything that is 'truly' sexy (using a Kripkean argument here of necessary v. contingent truths; that is, if it's not a necessary truth, then it is not true at all). It's all relative. It's all subjective. Some people say sexiness is inward; some people say it's outward. Women can surely have sex appeal for different reasons: the right clothes (or lack thereof); the right attitude; that certain je ne sai quoi.

I would like to proffer my own arguments as to the physical beauty of a woman (divided into four categories), but I think I'll save that for another time. I'll end with a biblical quote (seems anachronistic, but I like the passage):

"Do not let your adornment be merely outward - arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel. Rather, let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God" (1 Peter 3:3-4).

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #52
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
Since people have different ideas of what is truly sexy, then there cannot be anything that is 'truly' sexy (using a Kripkean argument here of necessary v. contingent truths; that is, if it's not a necessary truth, then it is not true at all). It's all relative. It's all subjective.
This is an interesting subject. I am 62 years old. Old enough to be the grandfather of most of you. I read your replies and see that most of you aren't answering the question. You have Sex and Beauty confused. For instance. Is the statue of Venus d'Milo beautiful, or Sexy?

For the last six years I've been driving an "Over-The Road" Truck, (i.e. 18-wheeler) The only women I see are waitresses and Strippers. Damn few. Is a really fun waitress who gives you a lot of Shit sexier than a Stripper who is naked, untouchable, and three feet in front of you? The waitress is talking to you; the stripper is dancing for herself, and you are merely watching.

Beauty (Think Rebecca Romijn)
Her face
Her body
Does she enjoy being "worshipped"? A woman who doesn't isn't worthy of it.
Does she screw alot without ever planning to have children? A woman who is pleasure driven may be beautiful, but she is not sexy.
Is it possible that you will ever actually spend time getting to know her?

Sexy (Think Goldie Hawn)
Her Intelligence
Does she dance?
Her demeanor - Does she flirt well
Is she fun to be around
Does she touch me, will she allow me to touch her?
Does she ride a motorcycle and go to the Hot Springs where everybody gets naked?
Does she enjoy children (Sex is, after all, for having children...)
It is possible that you will actually spend time getting to know her.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"

Last edited by dave; 27-12-2005 at 01:06 PM. Reason: I wanted to mention "availability".
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2005, 07:05 PM   Officer #53
DragonRat
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave
Beauty (Think Rebecca Romijn)
Her face
Her body
Does she enjoy being "worshipped"? A woman who doesn't isn't worthy of it.
Does she screw alot without ever planning to have children? A woman who is pleasure driven may be beautiful, but she is not sexy.
Is it possible that you will ever actually spend time getting to know her?

Sexy (Think Goldie Hawn)
Her Intelligence
Does she dance?
Her demeanor - Does she flirt well
Is she fun to be around
Does she touch me, will she allow me to touch her?
Does she ride a motorcycle and go to the Hot Springs where everybody gets naked?
Does she enjoy children (Sex is, after all, for having children...)
It is possible that you will actually spend time getting to know her.
See, now you're forcing me to introduce my theory on beauty. (And Golden Hawn? Intelligent? That's not the reason Kurt Russell married her.) And Rebecca Romijn is not "beautiful", per se, but rather more so "sexy". Why? (Remember, my theory is only - ONLY - for physical attraction. If people believe in sexiness as a mental trait, and an attitude, then by all means, believe so. I simply offer my attempt at an objective look at physical appearance. Thus, if you argue with me that "That's not what sexy is! I'll tell you what sexy is!" and go on and talk about how this girl you met was nice to you and you found her intelligent and she read books you read and listened to music you listened to, and you could then easily imagine her as supremely attractive - hence, "sexy" - then that's subjective. That's you. That's your falling for a girl like that. Pshaw, I say. Pshaw.)

In my overtly arrogant opinion (as opposed to the humble kind), I believe there to be 4 classifications of beauty (beauty in a catch-all term for what defines the physical attractiveness of a female): 1) beautiful; 2) cute; 3) pretty; 4) sexy.

1) I would proffer the example of Audrey Hepburn (rather than RR) as exemplifying "beautiful". To me, to be beautiful connotes a sense of elegance: not so a haughty, superior attitude, but a fineness; not a petiteness, but a sensible air about her. When I think "beautiful", I think Roman Holiday.

2) "Cute" is a bit more descriptive in its connotation. Being petite, or having a relatively "cute" face would put people in this category. (I'm sorry if I feel the need to categorize people and things; I was raised a scientist.) I know a few people personally, of whom I would think as being "cute". Now, people would argue that cuteness fades away with age, but that's not necessarily true. I would think that, in the thermodynamic sense, types of beauty simply interchange with other types (call it the Law of Conservation of Beauty).

3) Ah, pretty. Natalie Portman. Keira Knightley. These girls are "pretty". The problem with this category is, it's too difficult to truly define what it means to be pretty. It's not exactly cute. It's not exactly beautiful. And, to be honest, they do not exude sexiness the way other people do. But they're attractive, in the way that I would like them around, because they make everything else around them that much... well... prettier. Perhaps it's their smile; but then, I'd be using their smile as a synecdoche of their beauty as a whole. (It's less important to specify, because then you'd end up subjectifying the whole sense of it.) They lack the supreme elegance of the beautiful, but they do not heed the petite air of cuteness. They're more or less in the middle, like a moderate in the political scheme.

4) Finally, I arrive at sexiness. Most people know what's up with being sexy. I think Angelina Jolie is sexy. In this sense, it's also related to beautiful, in which both types tend to emanate their respective attractiveness. Just as Audrey Hepburn oozed elegance, Angelina Jolie oozes sex. It's just that.

Now, these four categories don't really make much sense, do they? Surely some would think the way I classified women, is either demeaning or just stupid. Well, the corollary to all of this is, no woman - in the past, the present, nor future - will EVER exude any more than 3 of the 4 categories. So, with that in mind, it's important to note that many attractive women cannot be lumped into any one of the four; indeed, they exude 1-3 of these categories, but not all 4. (Of course, being 'cute' and 'sexy' simultaneously is a bit ridiculous, unless you're Britney; but then she's just being whorish. And don't get me started on how K-Fed - who really is good for nothing - shot her with a Magic Love Arrow and started a perfume company and rapping career - or lack thereof.) And, if someone does say, "I know someone who has all 4 traits", that means you like the girl. Don't deny it. You're just being subjective in your tastes.

Bear in mind that this is actually the first time I've written down these ideas. So if you see any sense of illogic in them, screw you. Other than that, I hope this helps intensify the further investigation of... "WHAT IS TRULY SEXY???"

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
Old 27-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #54
dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
See, now you're forcing me to introduce my theory on beauty. (And Goldie Hawn? Intelligent? That's not the reason Kurt Russell married her.)
Goldie Hawn is a member of Mensa.

You see, I speak American English. And in that language, Beauty is a quality you have, and Sexy is something you do.

A beautiful person might never be Sexy.
A Sexy person might never be beautiful.

Last edited by dave; 27-12-2005 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Because the Newbie instructions said I should instead of writing another.
Old 28-12-2005, 01:21 AM   Officer #55
DragonRat
Officer

With that in mind, I retract my statement on Goldie Hawn.

Old 29-12-2005, 03:13 AM   #56
Lizzie Bennet

Well sexy for me is a guy who is loving, caring, smart, and has a good personality in general. I have my ideas on what he would look like, but looks, for me, do not define sexiness, a good personality does.
Lizzie Bennet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:33 PM   #57
a ring in return

I am sexy.

Your face is light
And cocaine white
a ring in return is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:33 AM   #58
dave

Exclamation And so she is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a ring in return
I am sexy.
I agree. But what more would you rather be? Sexy is too easy for a person like you.

It's like with Keira, she is so much more than merely sexy. Anyone can be sexy. Set your goals higher. Someone, somewhere will always find some particular someone sexy anytime. It's what you do with the rest of the times that will define you and what you probably want to be remembered for.

Last edited by dave; 05-01-2006 at 03:48 AM. Reason: To add a coda.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:59 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #59
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave
Goldie Hawn is a member of Mensa.

You see, I speak American English. And in that language, Beauty is a quality you have, and Sexy is something you do.

A beautiful person might never be Sexy.
A Sexy person might never be beautiful.

People in mensa are not sexy.
I'm not a fan of people who have to become a member of mensa in order to prove to themselves and others they are smart. True, being part of mensa differentiates Goldie Hawn from the unintelligent masses, but she hasn't done anything which makes me respect her for her brain.
To see where I'm coming from, you've got to understand the people who were trying to join mensa, and probably did in my school were thicker than me and Duckula, and infinitely more boring people.

Also I think people are confusing sexy with attractive.

Quote:
Well sexy for me is a guy who is loving, caring, smart, and has a good personality in general. I
I would classify those as attractive features. Sexy in my opinion is definitely superficial things, like the way someone moves, smiles, talks, looks.

You're more likely to say that someone has a sexy voice, sexy smile, sexy legs than attractive.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:18 AM   #60
dave

Acliff teaches us that "smart and cute" are not sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
People in mensa are not sexy.
Biggot alert.

Intelligence is Sexy.

Quote:
I'm not a fan of people who have to become a member of mensa in order to prove to themselves and others they are smart.
Nobody joins Mensa to prove they are smart. They are smart. Then they look for people who might be interesting to be around, not a waste of time, not boring. Maybe the local chapter of Mensa has people like that. You know that we are discussing "What is Sexy?" here. You are responding to my statement that "I think Intelligence is a Sexy Quality". (not in those precise words, but believe me that the quote marks are legitimate.)

One of the places you go to find sexy people is wherever sexy people gather. Since intelligence is sexy, go there.

Quote:
True, being part of mensa differentiates Goldie Hawn from the unintelligent masses, but she hasn't done anything which makes me respect her for her brain.
Kate Hudson comes to mind.
Quote:
To see where I'm coming from, you've got to understand the people who were trying to join mensa, and probably did in my school were thicker than me and Duckula, and infinitely more boring people.
And because you didn't like them, you declared that they were "Boring, & Non-Sexy." You were obviously the "Campus God" in charge of making these decisions? Why don't you go back to watching "Animal House"?

Quote:
Also I think people are confusing sexy with attractive.

I would classify those as attractive features. Sexy in my opinion is definitely superficial things, like the way someone moves, smiles, talks, looks.

You're more likely to say that someone has a sexy voice, sexy smile, sexy legs than attractive.
That's just about enough. Now you are saying that "Attractive" is not "Sexy"; or you are lying. (Or not smart [i.e. "Sexy] enough to articulate what you meant.) :fencing: