Go fuck yourself M. Night Shyamalon. - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 01-08-2004, 04:17 PM   #21
ChocolateMoose

Haven't seen The Villiage...am quite looking forward to it, but that twist...erm...seems a bit...odd and, well, rubbish.

I thought The Sixth Sense was really good! Unbreakable was ok, and Signs. Now, Signs is amazing, the suspense will have you sitting on your seat the whole time, and there are some real shock moments. But...and its a BIG but...at the end of the film when you actually see the whole alien - OH DEAR! 'Man in a green costume from local Halloween costume shop' is the best way to describe it. I was expecting something huge and scary after the great build up, but no...truly disappointing.

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:58 PM   Senior Registered Member #22
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I just saw the movie last night, and I thought that it was one of Night's best works, just not quite up to par with The Sixth Sense. I for one really enjoyed the "twist/s" in the flick, since It kept you guessing, but I hated where they finally told you in the movie. But this it what I would have done for the ending(read at your own risk!!!

At the end of the credits, I would have had the camera out in the woods, and out of nowhere, have one of the "creatures" trodd out from one of the trees, but he would have been REAL(those who have seen the movie know what I mean when I talk about being real).
Old 03-08-2004, 05:27 AM   #23
alby

I didn't like it. I thought the premise was absurd, and the garments would remind you of Little Red Riding Hood. It's not a great film in my opinion, but sure thing I had a free pass.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #24
Kyle_West

~banned~
Old 05-08-2004, 10:34 PM   #25
keira_lover

I'd have to agree with K. W. on this one. The first hour of the movie was great but after the huge plot twist the movie totally bombed. My advice: don't waste your money going to see it, it sucks.
keira_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 08:31 PM   First Class Member Officer #26
Sarah
Nice

Well, finally, I've seen it and I thought it was great! The plot works wonders and I really enjoyed it.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #27
The Black Rider

I think if you just look at the plot twist you are missing the point of the film. It's not about pulling the rug from under your feet, and really, none of his films are. They're much more intelligent than that. The Sixth Sense was about letting go, Unbreakable was about acceptance, Signs was about lack of faith in God, and The Village was about a) good and evil and b) fear. None of Shyamalan's films are particularly great but he should at least get extra points for effort.

Anyway, I was never going to see The Village until the incredibly mixed response intrigued me, but I really liked it. One of the reasons was because it really seemed like Shyamalan was trying to not make an M. Night Shyamalan film. It was decidedly very different from his three last films in the sense of style and narrative. And people keep talking about how silly or ridiculous the twist was, but it's a movie. It's only supposed to make sense within its own world, and within the world of The Village, why shouldn't it make sense?

I also thought the music and cinematography were both excellent, and the acting (sans the miscat William Hurt) was superb. Not a masterpiece but I definitely appreciated it.
The Black Rider is offline   Reply With Quote