Are you a nerd? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 28-06-2004, 11:45 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Richard
Dated

Are you a nerd?

Seriously, are you? What do you do that makes you a nerd? Do you look like a nerd? Do other people think you're a nerd? Do you think you're a nerd for being here? As far as writing can go, and pictures can only say "little"... be honest. I'll respond to this later, but in the meantime...
Old 28-06-2004, 11:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I don't look like a nerd but I consider myself one. I read books more than all my friends, play videogames (Zelda and Final Fantasy are my favorite, even though Halo is good it's not my favorite.) I think reading news about upcoming games/hardware and become overwhelmed with excitment can categorize me as a nerd. But I'm not too nerdy...a nice median of nerdness. About two or three years ago I wanted to get a tattoo of Vivi (the cute little Mage from FFIX) on my right forearm. That would have officially made me a nerd.
I don't think being here makes me, or anyone here for that matter, a nerd. We just like Keria. And just somehow stumbled upon these forums. So....anyone want to one-on-one me at ChillOut Generic-weapons because I will seriously PwN you H/-\rdc0r3!!!!!!!
Old 28-06-2004, 11:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
Louie

What a strange thread you made there Richard.........I don't consider myself a nerd. I guess the only attribute of a nerd that I have is that I am smart, but other than that I've got nothing.
Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 11:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie
What a strange thread you made there Richard.........I don't consider myself a nerd. I guess the only attribute of a nerd that I have is that I am smart, but other than that I've got nothing.
That's exactly what I always try and tell my friends, they just don't understand.
Old 29-06-2004, 12:03 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Damn it, I had a feeling I was going to be the only nerd here..... Well this is embarrasing...*heads over to the 'embarrassing moments' thread*
Old 29-06-2004, 03:04 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #6
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I have nerd-ish things about me. I love to read, I can talk for hours about things like screenwriting, I love independant films, I rescue horses as a business, and I love school (like right now..I am already so bored with summer that I've registered to take a chemistry class, an Arabic class, a political science class, and possibly another Portugeuse class at the local community college). But I don't think my appearance is nerdy - most of the time. Sometimes when I don't really give a crap I look like a dork, but I try to always look nice the rest of the time.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 04:19 AM   Senior Registered Member #7
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
an Arabic class.
Really? I take it you're not one of those people who are like "If you're not going to France, once the point in learning French". But I do take learning different languages as a good proper way of putting yourself in somebody else's shoes. I still think it's good to know and have somewhat of an education on a language however, only the main language that surrounds me, which are American and Spanish. But do you have plans on going to Arabia? I've seen how they write their language and well... like Japanese I'll never have the patience of understanding.
Old 29-06-2004, 06:34 AM   Senior Registered Member #8
Ashley

I sit at my computers for hours, I can talk for ages about films and television... present and the history of. I can talk about classic movies for hours on end, and give mindless trivia about actors from as far back as 1920. So yeah, I'm a dork, and damn proud of it. WOOT!
Old 29-06-2004, 08:10 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #9
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
Really? I take it you're not one of those people who are like "If you're not going to France, once the point in learning French". But I do take learning different languages as a good proper way of putting yourself in somebody else's shoes. I still think it's good to know and have somewhat of an education on a language however, only the main language that surrounds me, which are American and Spanish. But do you have plans on going to Arabia? I've seen how they write their language and well... like Japanese I'll never have the patience of understanding.
I just love languages. I speak English (obviously), some Spanish (living in California it's becoming important), a *tiny* bit of Italian (just what I can pick up from my family who lives there) and I'm constantly working at making my Portuguese and French better. I definitely don't have plans on going to Arabia, but I think that it may be something that could come in handy in the future.

Check out my blog:
Old 29-06-2004, 08:29 AM   #10
Vertical Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
like Japanese I'll never have the patience of understanding.
Well, japanese is actually very simple... it looks difficult though... and before your really good at it takes a while... butt the basics are simple...
Old 29-06-2004, 09:09 AM   #11
Glare

Old 29-06-2004, 09:17 AM   Officer #12
DragonRat
Officer

I suppose that nerds have been made into some sort of positive symbol, quite the opposite effect of many years before. (I believe the movie, Revenge of the Nerds, aided in some measure.)

Nerds can be defined nowadays by a ridiculously trivial knowledge of one certain intellectual pursuit or another - whether that be chess, punk rock, or the academic subjects. That differs from an athletic pursuit, for that belongs to the jocks. And that also differs from the aesthete, for the artist is not 'smart' enough to be a nerd, but not strong enough to be a jock.

I'm merely speaking from the many generalizations given in high school society, and high school TV shows/movies.
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 09:29 AM   Officer #13
mufiman
Officer

i suppose i would be classified under movie nerd then. and i spend quite a lot of time on my PS2 and computer. i dont feel nerdy... but i suppose i am in some ways. definately a movie geek though.
mufiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 10:13 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #14
acliff
llama llama duck

I aim to be a nerd in all pursuits of my life.
For knowledge is power, and I love power
Old 29-06-2004, 12:20 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
deviljet88
KKW Sex Therapist

I WEAR GLASSES!!! And since I love topping my class in mathematics and nearly all other subjects, yes I'm a nerd.

8th KK posse member
Xanga
Playing now on Winamp
deviljet88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 01:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
ryan

i work in the IT business and have a 3.813 gpa in college so i'm pretty nerdy in that regard. i dont dress or talk like one so its not really obvious til you figure out what i do for a living.

i think kelsey takes the cake here. classes and foreign languages during the summer.
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #17
Moe

Define "nerd".
Moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 05:19 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #18
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan
i think kelsey takes the cake here. classes and foreign languages during the summer.
Hehe, I'm just bored .

Check out my blog:
Old 29-06-2004, 05:23 PM   Senior Registered Member #19
Ardnax
Sexy kitten

Im a nerd. And that's just it. Nothing to talk about.
Ardnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2004, 05:27 PM   First Class Member Officer #20
Sarah
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe
Define "nerd".
I was about to ask the same thing.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote