Keira's Early Films - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 31-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
Ian

Keira's Early Films

You may have gathered from my recent postings that I'm working my way through Keira's films. I've given below some details of three of the early ones in case anyone fancies checking them out.

A Village Affair (1993). Utterly dreadful adaptation of a (possibly equally dreadful) Joanna Trollope novel, with the plot centring on a lesbian affair scandalising a small village. The plot is extremely dated and there's a lot of overacting by the lead characters. The direction is dreadful -- several times I thought I'd fallen asleep and missed something because the plot jumped on inexplicably at several points. Perhaps the novel was too long to cover in its entirety? A very young Keira is in it on-and-off and has about half a dozen lines. Worth seeing for her, but totally missable otherwise.

Innocent Lies (1995). This was better, if a little sleazy given that the plot revolves around sexual intrigue and jealousy. Keira is only in it in a few flashback scenes, but I don't think she has any lines.

The Treasure Seekers (1996). An adaptation of E. Nisbet's children's story of the same name. I'm not a great lover of children's stories so it didn't do a lot for me, but I guess if you are it would probably be okay. Keira is in only one scene, but she is brilliant as Princess Beatrice von Hohenzollen, complete with excellent German accent! Although she's still very young (about 11), she's starting to acquire the beauty that she has in later life. She is also well cast as a princess - shame she wasn't in it a bit more really.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #2
artsydoll
Newcomer

thanks for the post!
artsydoll is offline   Reply With Quote