[Spoilers] Opinions on Pirates 3: AWE - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects > Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End The place to discuss the forthcoming third POTC film.

Old 28-05-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Veiga
Newcomer

[Spoilers] Opinions on Pirates 3: AWE

Very good Keira about this film, great!! i love this film anda keira lool
Veiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2007, 08:31 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #2
Leonie
Elle

Please try to make the title of your thread pertain to the content.

I'll rename it for now.

Let this also be the place to discuss what you think of the movie, then. Spoilers and all - bring it on!

I saw Pirates III this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. I dare say it was better than the first.
Old 28-05-2007, 08:57 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #3
Leonie
Elle

I think I'll take myself up on that offer.

I have a question.

Bootstrap Bill is mortal again at the end, when Will becomes the new Davy Jones, right? And he can stay on the Flying Dutchman with Will.

Then why the fuck doesn't King Elizabeth get her arse on the boat?
Old 29-05-2007, 01:27 AM   #4
allied_assult

I thought it was really good. Definitely better than the second, and i can't figure out if I liked it better than the first or not. I think the problem with the second was they tried to make it too funny, but I still liked it. The third had the right mix of humor, action, and seriousness i think.

And on the Bootstrap thing, I think he's dead still but he's just not a monster anymore. If that's the case then they should've killed Elizabeth and brought her on the boat. Or they can just fill Will's shoes with water and he can walk around all he likes as long as he keeps his shoes on.
Old 29-05-2007, 01:29 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Digital_Ice

yeah, i thought that, if davy jones can stand in a bucket of water... why cant will
Old 29-05-2007, 07:26 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #6
Leonie
Elle

It's not really a lasting solution, is it? I suppose she could have a pool in the back garden or something...

Yeah, they could put water in his shoes, but that wouldn't last with all the horizontal action
Old 29-05-2007, 07:59 AM   #7
devine kk

Scary??

Hi all,

I was going to take my kids to watch it this weekend but thought it would be best to wait until next weekend and ask you guys how scary it really is, and then decide on its suitability. Yes i know that's taxing for you to make an informed conclusion.

They are 7 and 9 (both boys), any thoughts?

Cheers
Old 29-05-2007, 09:00 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #8
Leonie
Elle

Probably not a good idea.

There is a lot of death and even some almost-sex. It is a lot more violent than previous ones too. Not funny violent, but full on fight-fight-die scenes. I wouldn't take any kids under ten to see it.
Old 29-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
Scotsworth

I liked it more than the second, not as much as the first. It started to get a little long, but maybe that was because I drank a large Cherry Coke during the previews...

Loved the action sequences and acting was fantastic. I thought it was a bit controversial for a disney film. The part where Davy Jones kills the one guy with his tenticles was pretty nasty....and then at the end with Will Turner and the random sexualish leg kissing I was like "This is a disney movie?" I would have some hesitations about bringing a little kid to it, mostly because I think if I was 5 i'd lose sleep over Davy Jones.

But yes, good film....as good as you could hope for a #3 in a trilogy to be.
Scotsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #10
moscos
Newcomer

and, yah, the film is hella awesome! and i love watchin' keira... and yah watching the romance of the 2 lovers will & ellizabeth gives me always a cliff-hanger feeling... but i really love her! this was a great 3rd installment of the film i've ever seen... part 1 was cool too...
moscos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2007, 03:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #11
Ardnax
Sexy kitten

I think it was absolutely incredible. I like it better than the first two. Even though there just weren't enough Sparrabeth and too much W/E.

Will couldn't have gone around with water in his boots. The reason Davy Jones became a monster is that he didn't do his task of getting the souls to the other side. That's what Will has to do so he can't be with Elizabeth. Well, until the ten years have gone by anyway.
Ardnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
Keira lover

Pot Iii

What did you think of POTC III. I have seen it 3 times and plan to see it 10 (record). I thought it was the best of the 3, but then a chance to see Keira practically naked (ok, just a little leg, but still) and blown up on a big screen. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 12:48 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

couldn't you have posted this in one of the many other awe threads?
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 02:05 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #14
Digital_Ice

lets keep the forums tidy please. theres already a thread called "Opinions on Pirates 3: AWE" here;
http://www.keiraknightley.com/forums...ead.php?t=3385
Old 30-05-2007, 02:12 AM   #15
moscos
Newcomer

what's with the rumors today?... some magazine and press had blow some news that there will be 4th pirates of the caribbean?!!! and Depp stated that he's favor to do jack sparrow again if the script are good... and Keira? hmmm... she says if it was good she's into it... i don't know if this is going to be real, but i love seeing Keira again as a pirate... only Orlado refuse the 4th installment. some magazine says that directors are opening screenings again, the movie is going to be "like" indiana jones? they mean, pirates of the caribbean with looks like indiana jones...

goshhhh.... this some gossip..
Old 30-05-2007, 02:52 AM   #16
Scotsworth

Did anyone happen to watch the scene at the end of the credits? People keep telling me about it, I'm angry I missed it.
Old 30-05-2007, 03:10 AM   #17
moscos
Newcomer

really? is there a scene after the credits???? oh! no! i havent watched the ending credit of it... my head is spinning right now! what was the last scene??? someone tell it in here please.... im dying to know it atlease...
Old 30-05-2007, 03:18 AM   #18
Scotsworth

I guess it shows Elizabeth Turner 10 years later and she has a 10-year-old son.
Old 30-05-2007, 03:38 AM   #19
Mapa
Newcomer

I dont think it shows her with her son, i bet its a hint about the stroy line of POTC 4.
Mapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #20
devine kk

Thanks Leonie. I thought as much hence i asked the question. I waited for POTC2 to come out on DVD before they watched that, so best do the same again. Baby sitting anyone?????? Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscos View Post
really? is there a scene after the credits???? oh! no! i havent watched the ending credit of it... my head is spinning right now! what was the last scene??? someone tell it in here please.... im dying to know it atlease...
Paul has a filmed from screen copy of it here. Yes she does have her 10 year old son and Will is sailing into to town.

http://www.keiraweb.com/