Was this reprimanded? - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Administratum > KeiraKnightley.com & Forum Issues

KeiraKnightley.com & Forum Issues Anything relating to the website and forums themselves. You post it, we'll answer it.

Old 13-08-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
Hollysince1985

Was this reprimanded?

I found this while perusing the To Be or Not To Be thread here in the general discussion forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey92 View Post
And I hope that Osamas first thing on his list is to do 11september again. I like that day, it was ww2 in USA. how feel you when someone kills your peoples? nice feeling, or isnt?
As you can read this comment is grossly offensive. And that's without taking into account the pathetic illiteracy of the person who posted it.

While I'm all about voicing one's opinion, I am also about fairness.

If I had to be scolded b.c of my insensitive and thoughtless comments on the Middle East, even after apologizing for them in the Newcomers forum, this ass should have been banned. Was he/she?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

If you indulge in hypocrisy, then have the guts to wear that shit like armor.
Old 13-08-2008, 07:13 AM   #2
Hollysince1985

And seeing how the admins deleted my comment, they should have the common decency to delete the ones made in that thread.
Old 13-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
Mijo
Tight in the Pants

WoW--that is offensive.
Mijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 07:49 AM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #4
Liam
Bogan Elite

Normally I get an email from the forum complaint system about shit like this. PM me a direct link and I'll clean it up.
Old 13-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #5
Mijo
Tight in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollysince1985 View Post
If I had to be scolded b.c of my insensitive and thoughtless comments on the Middle East, even after apologizing for them in the Newcomers forum, this ass should have been banned. Was he/she?
I looked at the thread...it doesn't appear that he/she was banned.
Mijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #6
Hollysince1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Normally I get an email from the forum complaint system about shit like this. PM me a direct link and I'll clean it up.
Yeah...I just wanted to make a fuss.
But seriously now...
Old 13-08-2008, 08:36 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #7
Leonie
Elle

That person signed up roughly sixteen thousand times, and we banned almost all of his usernames. One might have slipped the radar. The kid was mentally unstable to an extent rarely seen before. A bitter little Russian kid.

We do tend to take serious action concerning the mocking of events that have cost many lives, but it should be pointed out that that's not just American lives and that's why comments about the Middle East are frowned up on just as much. We've also had people use Osama's mug as an avatar, and that didn't fly either. As per the forum rules, this is not a democracy, though, much less a place to try out the tu quoque argument.

We all know there are bitter people out there who feel like this. I don't think Iraq has done the West any favours in that respect. Rather than being huffy and banning them straight off, why not engage them in a discussion and show them how wrong they are? An international forum is one place where they'll find that not just Americans, but people from all over the world think he's an idiot.

Andrey92 is long gone and this is dragging up trouble. Let's just keep it burried, shall we? It's interesting to see that you didn't take offence from the other comments the tool made, though.
Old 13-08-2008, 05:27 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #8
Foeni

Cleaned it up.
Old 15-08-2008, 02:47 AM   #9
Keira lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foeni View Post
Cleaned it up.
The guy still has some extremely racist posts still in the 2008 president thread.

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote