My Fair Lady - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 06-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Surprize

My Fair Lady

I read in the news in Russian, so I can't give you a link for you won't understand what's written there.
They say that Keira Knightley will star in the remake of this musical where Audrey Hupburn played. Keira will play a part of Eliza Doolittle. The movie will be made by Columbia pictures.
The shooting will take place on the streets of London, not in studio.
And I'm glad that Keira choose this film because I remember that we've read the book "Pygmalion" (musical is based on it) by George Bernard Shaw in school. I like it, interesting idea.
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:07 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
kingdumbass

Nothing good could come from such a project....
And from this point forward, I am officially boycotting any new Knightley film that doesn't take place in modern times.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:47 PM   #3
keiraRules

Smile

why are you hear if you not going to surpport keira then 'kingdumbass' this website is a fan site after all

yes it won't be as good as the first of cause but out of ANYONE today keira is the best choice for this no one esle no other actress i think will be good keira won't be the best EVER but she won't sh*t it up like anothers would and thats just a rumor so far they was lots of rumors saying keira was gonna play coco chanel in a movie but shes not some french actress is so don't think ahead
keiraRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Surprize

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058385/news#ni0245092
Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #5
LadySaunders

Kingdumbass obviously doesnt understand that keiras elegance and splender, her vocal communication and vocabulary make her the perfect actress to do all the war time style films. She Creates The Character.... and then The Character manipulates her into what she needs to be to fill that empty shell.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
keiraRules

Smile

its still a rumor but and yes adurey did the best film version but i see why keira is been asked if she wants to play her as i really don't see anyone esle better keira can do great accents and her natural accent is already posh and not only that she has the same body and same eyebrows.

Its sad that hollywood can't think of new ideas but if they are going to do a remake keira is the only one that will do a quite good job of this and if she is in ''talks'' i think keira should make sure she gets good money for it adurey is still well known as people might not like keira even though i think she will be the best even more know that people are saying she won't be as good.
Remeber "Pride & Prejudice" was a remake of a 1940s film and keira was the one nomited for an oscar not the other girl who played the part (yes she was nomited that year 1940 for a different movie)
Old 10-06-2008, 09:57 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySaunders View Post
Kingdumbass obviously doesnt understand
He understands you 2 are idiots
Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
Surprize

Everyone has his/her own opinion. I like the idea of this movie, kingdumbass doesn't like it. There is nothing wrong here. We have rights to have own thoughts, so the phrase "Kingdumbass obviously doesnt understand" isn't correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
He understands you 2 are idiots
Stop insulting people, you, hunk.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:04 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #9
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprize View Post

Stop insulting people, you, hunk.
Thats my job here at this Natalie Portman site
Old 11-06-2008, 05:08 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #10
Digital_Ice

oooh, are we playing the "who gets to boss around who here" game?

can I play?

Old 11-06-2008, 05:17 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

be my guest, feel free to insult them too
Old 14-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
Ameriel
Newcomer

I think re-making Audrey's role is not a good idea. Everyone will compare them too, while there's nothing to compare. Audrey was (is) a Hollywood icon, she was an amazing actress, she still has her fans around the world. Keira is very young and talented, but it's just the beginning of her career now. In my opinion it's definitely a bad idea.

But we'll see what happens. Maybe I'm wrong??
Old 07-10-2008, 10:20 PM   #13
keiraRules

Smile

they remade Batman and that was HUGE (wouldn't have been if Heath was alive as is wasn't the best ever film)

so don't judge it might be better than we think Daniel Day-Lewis, Brad Pitt and George Clooney have all been rumored to star in it or want the male lead, so it might be good, look at the new version of Alice in wonderland (buy Tim Burton) at first i didn't think it would be good but then it is starting to get a good cast and looks like it is going to be big and it seem everyone wants a part in it.
Audrey was not the first person the play her, it was a stage play before with Julie Andrews if anything it should be how keira can be as good as julie not Audrey as she wasn't that great her accent at the start was a quite bad untill she learnt to speak poshly and she didn't sing in it to had to get someone esle to do that atlease keira said in interview (when she auctioned for the part) she sang and she looks simpler to audrey both very slim and had big eyebrows.
who esle would play her if not keira there isn't that many young british actresses around they would have to get an american to do it which i think would be much worse than keira.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #14
Ian

I think Keira will be ideal for this. As Lady Saunders says above, Keira's elegance, style and voice (which drives me to distraction every time I hear it!) all make her perfect for the role.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 03:07 AM   #15
artsydoll
Newcomer

hopefully she gets the role
artsydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 AM   #16
Kelsi
Newcomer

I am looking forward to this movie,though most of the media in China don't believe KK's preformence will be so well
Kelsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:55 PM   #17
Ian

Any news on this one? Sounds like it still has not been confirmed who the cast is yet?
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:49 PM   #18
Mijo
Tight in the Pants

After Hollysince1985's racy post, Daniel Day-Lewis' BabyMomma forbid him from doing the project and now...

I heard they decided to release the original on Blue-Ray instead.
Mijo is offline   Reply With Quote