The Saddest Films You Ever Seen - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 28-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
Surprize

The Saddest Films You Ever Seen

5 Atonement I couldn't smile after this movie for some hours. At first, I even thought that I don't like the movie because of its bad end, but now I understand, it's great.
4 Pan's Labyrinth Weird film with several absolutely disgusting and absolutely awful moments. The end is dismal, too.
3 Bridge to Terabithia It was my shame in the cinema. I cried so much.
2 Titanic I cried for first 10 times (or more) I saw it. (yes, yes, I watched it so many times)
1 Finding Neverland I couldn't stop crying. I just can't understand how did they do that?
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 06:28 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Atonement is pretty high on the list for me. It's just so damn depressing in the end. More so than Titanic for me. I hadn't read Atonement, so I wasn't as prepared. I knew what was going to happen in Titanic the moment they met.
The crash scene in We Are Marshall hits me hard, as does the opening and closing scenes of Saving Private Ryan.
Mask (not The Mask with Jim Carrey) with Eric Stoltz as Rocky Dennis is pretty sad.
The version of Dr. Zhivago that Keira is in is sad as hell when she tells her son to run away.

The Blues Brothers 2000 made me sad because it was such a steaming pile of shit. They may as well have dug up John Belushi's corpse and urinated on it. The remake of The Bad News Bears is pretty much the same for me.
Old 28-04-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
andrey92

saddest film i ever seen for me was armageddon. i was small and i dont knew anithyng about that how do actors when they death i film. i really think that bruce is death and i cried for many days.
2nd place for me i think was atonement. no, i dont cry, i was too shocked and wery sad. i really was so sad. and saddest scene for me was than, when i saw that water who runs in to tube where was thoese peoples. together with dramatically music it was just herthbreaker piece. i cry only in second time, when i understood what happened, because at first i just looking in shock.
3rd place was bravehearth. good film, and saddest episode was than, when he, some moments before death strts crying - freedom. full with heroism and sad, i really cryed at this moment.
4th place was finding nemo. it looks like normal animation film, but in reality it was film about wery hard and real love and parents - childrens relationships. expecially sad was films start episode when mother fish death.
5th was like always titanic. when i saw film i just enjoy specefects and no many emotions, but after when i start understood reality, this big tragedy, i start felt really sad.
Old 28-04-2008, 06:53 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #4
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

that freaking movie with the cheetah. I don't even know what it's about, but it was the only "kid" movie at my grandma's house and the only one I could watch when I was over there. I don't remember anything about it other than the part where they all turn their backs on the cheetah and tell it to go away. omg.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 07:03 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #5
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Click
I almost forgot about this one. Yes... the comedy starring Adam Sandler and Kate Beckinsale. Watched it with Taylor and it brought her to tears when the father dies... I think it reminded her too much of our long distance relationship and how much we miss being together.
Old 28-04-2008, 07:12 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #6
Liam
Bogan Elite

Pearl Harbour.

Never seen history raped quite as severely as in this pile of shit.
Old 28-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
eelliiinn

Difficult... I think I'll say Anne Frank, but I've seen so many sad films, for example: Atonement, Titanic, Braveheart, Finding Neverland, Thirteen, Schindler's list, Forest Gump, Life is beautiful, well I could go on forever, but I think you get the point, I'm a huge fan of sad films and it was really difficult to choose the saddest...
Old 28-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #8
Joly

Epic Movie made me cry because it was so bad.

Seriously though, I don't think I've cried because of a film but.. Titanic, The Pianist and maybe even The Great Escape are probably the closest I've come. I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm sure there are some more.
Pursuit of Happyness, possibly...
I'm sure Robin Williams has made me upset in some film. I'm about to watch One Hour Photo on Channel 4, maybe it's that.

I think if any other actor had played the main character in The Truman Show then that would have made me emotional but I just can't take Jim Carrey seriously because of certain films he's been in.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 11:31 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Richard
Dated

Very few films make me teary-eyed. However, the films that really move me on an emotional level are listed below. And I don't believe I've ever full on sobbed at a film before.

Schindler's List (1993) -- What can I say? The scenes in this film... the film in its entirety... intense... moving from start to finish.
The Pianist (2002) -- Same feeling as above.
Das Boot (1981) -- The ending in particular. It is really quite something for anybody who hasn't seen this film.
The Elephant Man (1980) -- Again, the ending. And it's a great movie overall.
Gallipoli (1981) -- I already expressed on this forum my love for this film. It is a good movie, and again, the ending.
On The Beach (1959) -- It's basically an "end of the world" kind of movie. But it's effective, more than today's can ever do.
Titanic (1997) -- Leave me alone, alright! I can't help myself.
The Diary of Anne Frank (1959) -- I think this was my very first masterpiece I had ever seen when I started watching the TCM network. Everything about it, every department, was just perfect.
Old 29-04-2008, 12:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #10
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Life is Beautiful.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:50 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #11
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Gone Baby Gone... that last scene. You know Kenzie probably realizes Amanda's worse off. If not, you know she's worse off.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #12
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Gone Baby Gone... that last scene. You know Kenzie probably realizes Amanda's worse off. If not, you know she's worse off.
I was so disappointed in that movie. I should watch it again and focus more.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
KCKF

Click is actually really sad, i almost cried in the cinema!
Pirates Of the Carribean Makes me cry loads, i dont know why its not even that sad,
I used to cry at Bugs life too

I would of been able to cry at Atonement if i wasnt sat with the mother and the best friend, it made it amusing even though its really sad. I actually didnt understand that film, they like bump through fact and fiction. I dont understand stuff like that.

Old 15-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #14
I Luv Keira
Keira Smitten Troublemaker

Alrite, i ain't gonna lie. I didn't wanna watch it, but had no choice, was forced, but I gotta say, I really, and i mean really felt the emotion at the end of the film. For those 2 hours, well near the end, I thought, u know what, gay people are alrite! lol, nothin against gays. But I never thought I'd want two gay cowboys to be with each other so much. It was really sad..If you aint guessed already I'm talkin about Brockback Mountain.
Old 19-05-2008, 12:14 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #15
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Luv Keira View Post
But I never thought I'd want two gay cowboys to be with each other so much. It was really sad..If you aint guessed already I'm talkin about Brockback Mountain.
How gay you are

All dogs go to heaven still makes me shed a tear
Old 31-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #16
Elizabethine

itīs hard to say........But i think ATONEMENT......I saw it 5 months ago..and I still want cry when I īm thinking about them......DR.Zhivago....omg...byt the saddest film ever is A walk to remember or Romeo and Juliet- it alwayes makes me cry
Old 05-06-2008, 06:50 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #17
acliff
llama llama duck

All dogs go to heaven! Haven't seen that in ages!

Some feels that didn't make me cry but made me pretty depressed for a long while:

requiem for a dream
assassination of Jesse James by the coward robert ford
Philadelphia
Watership down when I was a kid
American history X
And Duckula will know - Shiri at the end. Got to be the most brutal end of a action thriller I've ever seen.
And Taegukgi (brotherhood)
Old 05-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #18
perfect_me
Newcomer

one of the saddest movies i have ever seen was TITANIC....
jack died.. i hate that part..
Old 25-06-2008, 08:29 AM   Officer #19
Renegade
Stock Boy

Million Dollar Baby
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 08:50 AM   Senior Registered Member #20
JenR
on loan from np.com

#1. Titanic
Boys Don't Cry
Requiem for a Dream
Breaking the Waves
I am Sam
Passion of the Christ
American History X
Mean Creek
Don't Say a Word.... i'm sorry Britney Murphy screaming for her father broke my heart
Other Boleyn Girl.... Nat's head getting cut off beats Keira drowning anyday.

Last edited by JenR; 30-06-2008 at 02:44 AM. Reason: just cuz i wanted to say something about Nat.
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote