No one else knows about this - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 24-07-2004, 10:32 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Lightbulb No one else knows about this

I have been writing a script for the past 3 weeks. I have completed about 40 pages of it, converting into approximately 50 minutes of footage. The premise is a little simple and formulaic, but the execution is definitely good. As expected, I have written the female lead character to be played by Keira Knightley. In fact, I refer to her in the script as FEMALE (KNIGHTLEY). She plays a girl who has moved from Wales to Houston, and becomes my love interest. The movie follows my trials and tribulations (which actually happened) in basketball.

I started writing the script in the hopes of meeting Keira Knightley, and few know about it until now. The thread about the BEST DREAM EVER gave me the idea of telling you. If you want to read what I have now, you can PM me. But I'm a little reluctant out of fear that someone may take it. It is not yet a protected document

If I were to describe the movie, it would be: Rocky meets White Men Can't Jump meets the OC meets beautiful Keira Knightley. I'm really optimistic about the outcome when it is all done.
Dyce_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 12:48 AM   Senior Registered Member #2
Narg
Westie Yobbo

Sounds interesting, i wouldn't mind having a read
Old 25-07-2004, 03:34 AM   #3
aim
Spoon

wow!!!

sounds really intresting!!!!!!!!!!! i hope u can actually meet keira and make that movie and keira is gonna be in it!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :fencing:
Old 25-07-2004, 03:38 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
But I'm a little reluctant out of fear that someone may take it. It is not yet a protected document
It is if you're writing it, anything you've written is copyrighted already...it's copyright from the moment of being fixed in a permanent form.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 03:43 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Question Is that true?

What if I were to send someone a copy of it through email, and they finish it. They then send it to a production company and get a hollywood contract.

They then get Keira Knightley in the movie and my idea is completely stolen. Can this happen?
Old 25-07-2004, 04:04 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
What if I were to send someone a copy of it through email, and they finish it. They then send it to a production company and get a hollywood contract.

They then get Keira Knightley in the movie and my idea is completely stolen. Can this happen?
In practice? Quite likely it could happen...but if they used a substantial part of what you've written already in their script (or copied it entirely, which in your example I'd say sounds more likely) you could still always sue them and get an injunction against the script's use.

That said, suing people is expensive...so do be careful with the script. All I'm saying is it's no more protected when it's finished than it is now...just that you may have an agent or whatever to help you go about defending your rights if ripped off.
Old 25-07-2004, 04:07 AM   Senior Registered Member #7
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

good point

Thanks for the pointers. It seems like we are the only ones left on this site for the time being.
Old 25-07-2004, 04:08 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyce_Blue
Thanks for the pointers. It seems like we are the only ones left on this site for the time being.
Np, always willing to be of service. If you like, I wouldn't mind looking over the script...and no...I won't steal it I write myself so I appreciate the work it takes.

Ack! That reminds me I was supposed to look up the position of internet photographs and attribution for Ducky...as it relates to that shoot that had to be taken down...ack! Will do when I remember :icon_redf
Old 25-07-2004, 05:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #9
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

I'm really excited about this

I have spent a lot of time and effort on this script. It takes about half an hour to write a little more than a page. Wow! I hope this works out.
Old 25-07-2004, 06:22 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #10
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Copyright it with WGA West. They have an agency in Texas.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #11
Guido
Newcomer

the script sounds great .. wishing you a lot of luck with the rest of it..
Old 25-07-2004, 02:11 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #12
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey
Copyright it with WGA West. They have an agency in Texas.
Should register it with the union, yeah, as they'll help you protect your copyright...just to clarify though, it's already copyrighted Copyrighted from moment of creation, no formalities required...just that having a union/agent to help you fight your battles is bloody helpful. Good advice Kels...union'll sue on your behalf if someone rips you off
Old 25-07-2004, 04:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #13
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

How much...

How much does something like that cost?
Old 25-07-2004, 06:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Exclamation 16 down!!!

I have successfully completed 16 scenes of my movie. It is getting really exciting. I'm closing in on the first hour of film.
Old 25-07-2004, 07:04 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Spire
InSpire Me

Does your script include a monkey knife fight? Because it should.

:fencing:
Old 25-07-2004, 07:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #16
Richard
Dated

I once knew a girl at my school who took film class, and for her final she had to do a short ten-minute movie. Turns out it was stick figures. There was actually no requirements, but stick figures! I have no hope for people like that. Your movie better not be like that, I think you have more sense than her.

The students laughed her ass out of the room. Best week ever.

Off-topic, I'm sorry.
Old 25-07-2004, 10:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Question lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire
Does your script include a monkey knife fight? Because it should.
Do you think Keira can hold her own against a chimp?
Old 25-07-2004, 11:14 PM   Senior Registered Member #18
Spire
InSpire Me

Heck yeah, she'd tear that monkey into little strips and cook his ass.
Old 25-07-2004, 11:18 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #19
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

Topic lads, topic
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 11:20 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #20
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Um...maybe I'm just dumb, but what the hell does "copyrighted from moment of creation" mean? If he sends his script to me right at this very moment, I finish it, and sell it for $3 million in a bidding war to Universal with my name on it, he couldn't do a thing about it. And no one will care anyways except him. I have my 3 million, my agent has their cut of it, and the studio has a killer script. By not having it copyrighted with WGA, he has no proof that he wrote it first. And also, these days, it's very unlikely that an agent, actor, reader, executive, etc. will read a script that does not have the WGA stamp on it, unless it's a personal favor. As for how much it will cost, the last time I copyrighted a script with the WGA, it cost me $50.00.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote