Would your parents be ok with you dating somebody of different race? - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

View Poll Results: Would your parents approve if you dated somebody of another race?
Yes 20 46.51%
I don't know 9 20.93%
With reluctance 4 9.30%
Some races yes, others no 4 9.30%
No 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-07-2004, 11:58 AM   Officer #21
Ashlyn
Militia Lieutenant

Nope, it wouldn't be an issue with my parents. They've brought up my brother and I to be completely accepting of all people so it wouldn't bother them at all.
Ashlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 12:07 PM   #22
Glare

My parents would be fine with it. My dad wouldn't mind, as along as she speaks English.
Old 25-07-2004, 12:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #23
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
Entirely depends on how pretty you are.
Lmfao *nods*

Quote:
Although just the other day at work, I had finished making a string handle for this woman for her newly purchased hifi, and as per usual, I put my all into it, and the handle was good.
The woman woman says in an extremely condescending way:
'I bet you're good at origami aintcha!'

At which point I smile sweetly. Whereas my manager's face becomes one of extreme shock, and my work collegue has to go around the corner to laugh his face off. The woman I think realised that what she said wasn't particularly appropriate so hurried out without another word.
Oh my jaysus chrst cant believe that woman! *dies* but bet the stribng handle was fabby..haha.

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 12:48 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
Narg
Westie Yobbo

My parents wouldn't care at all, no offence to any1, but i dont find many people from other races attractive, except ofcourse for the models and superstars, i dont know why, but i prefer white women :/.
Old 25-07-2004, 01:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #25
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Lol

Quote:
Entirely depends on how pretty you are.
Seriously though, as long as you're a nice person, you'll get on fine.
A finely tuned sense of humour, intelligence, and work ethic helps too.
Most people are fairly open minded, and its more about how you make them feel rather than where you're from or what you look like.

Although just the other day at work, I had finished making a string handle for this woman for her newly purchased hifi, and as per usual, I put my all into it, and the handle was good.
The woman woman says in an extremely condescending way:
'I bet you're good at origami aintcha!'

At which point I smile sweetly. Whereas my manager's face becomes one of extreme shock, and my work collegue has to go around the corner to laugh his face off. The woman I think realised that what she said wasn't particularly appropriate so hurried out without another word.
In America, the white women are good at origami, and yoga.
Dyce_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 02:14 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #26
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlyn
Nope, it wouldn't be an issue with my parents. They've brought up my brother and I to be completely accepting of all people so it wouldn't bother them at all.
Yeah, so have mine...to be clear on the race issue my parents wouldn't care...the thing I said bout my dad being a prude related more to the other more controversial aspects
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #27
bryan

Oh. Well in that case, since I am uh, beautiful beyond comprehension I should have no trouble attracting every female that is fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of my glowing figure...yeah...
There are alot of close-minded bigots where I live and so it's pretty difficult to find a girl with a decent character if you know what I mean. People around here don't really know much about the world outside of their bubble so they don't really know any better. For example, a friend of mine has never felt snow.
Anyway, I wonder if anyone would fall for my pseudo-British accent. I've been practicing. Sort of.
bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 07:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #28
Ardnax
Sexy kitten

My mum no, my dad yes. I better keep my mouth shut if I'm with a black boy or any other rase.
Ardnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 07:49 PM   Senior Registered Member #29
Richard
Dated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan
since I am uh, beautiful beyond comprehension I should have no trouble attracting every female that is fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of my glowing figure.
That's what I tell myself everyday.

Quote:
There are alot of close-minded bigots where I live and so it's pretty difficult to find a girl with a decent character if you know what I mean. People around here don't really know much about the world outside of their bubble so they don't really know any better. For example, a friend of mine has never felt snow.
Anyway, I wonder if anyone would fall for my pseudo-British accent. I've been practicing. Sort of.
The fact that you're from California and you said that, I can relate... a lot. I could use that excuse about how pathetic the people (or girls) are from where I live, but nobody seems to buy it. Something a lonely person would say. That's bullshit, because I've never felt snow. To be honest, I've never been out of California. Like you said, perhaps I've never been out of my own bubble, but it's a big and comfortable bubble... so there's no rush. I pretty much amaze myself whenever I'm in a different city, it's so different and peaceful. Sometimes I can't even believe there is a place called England. There's a whole world out there, and I haven't seen anything.

I need help.
Old 25-07-2004, 07:51 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #30
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Oh. Well in that case, since I am uh, beautiful beyond comprehension I should have no trouble attracting every female that is fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of my glowing figure...yeah...
Sure you can practice an accent, isn't it better being who you are and attracting people (however rare they might be) who like you for who you are, rather than what you want them to see?

Besides I don't need to practice my accent :-P As some here know...
Old 25-07-2004, 08:16 PM   #31
bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard
That's what I tell myself everyday.

The fact that you're from California and you said that, I can relate... a lot. I could use that excuse about how pathetic the people (or girls) are from where I live, but nobody seems to buy it. Something a lonely person would say. That's bullshit, because I've never felt snow. To be honest, I've never been out of California. Like you said, perhaps I've never been out of my own bubble, but it's a big and comfortable bubble... so there's no rush. I pretty much amaze myself whenever I'm in a different city, it's so different and peaceful. Sometimes I can't even believe there is a place called England. There's a whole world out there, and I haven't seen anything.

I need help.
Richard, welcome to the lonely hearts club...band..Okay that was dumb.
Well, I'm not a California native and I've only lived here for about six years now. I spent my childhood in a country under British rule and I was fortunate enough to travel all over the world and interact with different kinds of people so alot of my angst towards where I am now is because it's so different from what I was used to. It's true that this bubble is comfortable and anyone who has visited before would think that I'm crazy for wanting to get out but like you said, there is a whole world out there and it would be really unfortunate for anyone if they didn't get to experience it. So, put on some comfortable shoes and start running. Now.

Quote:
Sure you can practice an accent, isn't it better being who you are and attracting people (however rare they might be) who like you for who you are, rather than what you want them to see?

Besides I don't need to practice my accent :-P As some here know...
Yeah I definitely know what you mean. I hope I didn't give the impression that I was trying to be someone else just to pick up girls. That would be terrible.
As for the accent, I had to act out a three-minute dialogue I had written involving an intense Cockney accent for my film class and it didn't sound all that bad. Imagine...skinny Asian kid pretending to be a British thief.

This was a long post. Forgive me.
bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 08:20 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #32
acliff
llama llama duck

My voice doesn't suit me. Quite often, people are taken aback that I have an English accent, without even a hint of Oriental twinge. e.g. when I answer the phone at work, when the customer comes in, they don't expect it to be me.
Old 25-07-2004, 08:42 PM   Senior Registered Member #33
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest

Quote:
My voice doesn't suit me. Quite often, people are taken aback that I have an English accent, without even a hint of Oriental twinge. e.g. when I answer the phone at work, when the customer comes in, they don't expect it to be me.
Yesch.. mr.orlando bloom or so im told tee hee

xXx
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 09:42 PM   Officer #34
Flightfreak
Stalker Boi

My parents wouldn't mind, i have an adopted brother from Haiti , :icon_wink
I have very open minded parents
Flightfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 09:52 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #35
apoggy
Mmm Marmite

I dont thik my parents would mind at all. They have always let me make my own decisions, even from an early age.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2004, 12:32 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #36
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirazBabe
Yesch.. mr.orlando bloom or so im told tee hee

xXx
Yes...and he lies...he practices every night whilst listening to his beloved Orlando on the POTC DVD.

Looking at some replies on this thread. I'm amazed at how closed minded some parents STILL are. I thought my dad was bad...sheesh
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2004, 05:37 AM   #37
DesignatedJerk

my parrents don't care. as long as it's not a guy.,they always say.

38th member of kk pose
DesignatedJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2004, 06:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #38
Spire
InSpire Me

Quote:
my parrents don't care. as long as it's not a guy.,they always say.
Lol, yeah same here, but I vomit at the thought of any homosexual activity, so I doubt that'll be happening soon.
Old 26-07-2004, 07:51 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #39
acliff
llama llama duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Yes...and he lies...he practices every night whilst listening to his beloved Orlando on the POTC DVD.

Looking at some replies on this thread. I'm amazed at how closed minded some parents STILL are. I thought my dad was bad...sheesh
You know I don't even own any Keira films :-P Or Orlando films at that (yes I don't own any of the LOTR films... shoot me)

If I were gay, and dating a guy, my mother would murder me in my sleep. Probably. Or kill herself. I think she really likes the idea of grandchildren
Old 26-07-2004, 10:56 AM   #40
wintergoddess
Newcomer

Bollocks

I honestly at 18 years of age, cannot understand racism or bigotry. It baffles me beyond belief. People actually think that they are better than others because of the colour or their skin or heritage? Based on that, my auntie shouldn't of married her husband because he has Indian blood and I shouldn't date an Irish man because I'm british, it's just bizzarre! I cannot understand it.

As for the question, would my parents be okay with me dating someone of a different race, the answer is of course...HELL YES! Plus, as an adult it really has nothing to do with them.
wintergoddess is offline   Reply With Quote