Trailer for The Duchess.... - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Old 25-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #21
elisabethswann
Newcomer

This film looks like it is going to be really good! I can't wait until it comes out.

Thanks so much for posting the trailer!
elisabethswann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #22
eelliiinn

im sure its gonna be a great film, i love the trailer!
Old 06-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
Ian

Well, I saw The Duchess last night. It was a good film but I was left feeling very negative by the plot, in which the Duke of Devonshire was consistently horrible to the Duchess. I didn't like the modern dialogue either, given that it was a period film. It was very well acted by everybody, however, and the settings were great. Keira is in it virtually all the time, with some long lingering shots which give you the opportunity to take in how beautiful she really is. I felt really sorry for her character. Keira's eyes are so expressive and can speak a thousand words with just a glance or look. She is really suited to these period pieces, but I think she needs to be careful not to be typecast. Curly hair and big floppy hats really suit her though!
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
keiraRules

Smile

when i first heard about this flim i wasn't really really looking forward to it much but as little clips of the movie nd the traliers come out i can't wait to see it now it'll probably be better than i think it will actually, with the good reviews its getting and also they proably had to modernise it for the people viewing it yes the older people watching it might get it but a lot of the young teens that watch might find it to boring if it was done differently though so i understand why it might have modern dialogue.

As for the Duke of Devonshire beening horrible to the Duchess this is kinda a bio pic so maybe thats why the duke was horrible to the duchess a lot they proably got it from the book they basted the script on and woman didn't have many rights back then so men really was in control

but anyway i hope i really like it i loved edge of love and couldn't wait to see it but this i wasn't as much untill i was traliers and clips of it and the good reviews so i hope i come out of the cinema quite happy loving it more than i did.
keiraRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #25
ChrisN

Has anyone seen this film yet?
What is it like from both a general period piece point of view, and as a fan of Keira?
I read a review which said it doesn't stay true to the bigraphy its based on, does this take anything away from the film?
Thanks in advance
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #26
jennyPV

The Duchess!

Keira looks gorgeous in the Duchess, and you all should definitely check it out!

If you haven't seen it yet, catch the trailer at www.theduchessmovie.com.

I haven't seen the flick as of now, but I have glanced at the script and her character sounds funky and full of life. I can't wait!
Old 21-10-2008, 03:17 AM   #27
artsydoll
Newcomer

I saw the movie a while ago. Keira was good in it and the costumes are beautiful
artsydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #28
keiraRules

Smile

i have never read much about this or the bigraphy befroe so i don't know if it runies it for history fans etc.. but i do known i it really good if you love period films and is a keira knightley fans as i think this is one of her best acting wise (personally i like her perfomance hear better than in pride and prejudice) so if you like keira WATCH IT as its good and it a good period film i not to great on these type of films but i still really liked this very much wayyy more then i thought i would.

oh and another think most of you already known keira has just been nomited for an BIFA award (her first award nomition for the duchess) but did anyone see who the Jury people are , what do you think keiras chances are

Simon Relph
Anne Marie Duff (James McAvoy's wife)
Tor Belfrage
Shaheen Baig
Xavier Marchand
Cat Villiers
Gina Carter
David Lawson
Abi Morgan
Paul Andrew Williams
Rankin
Joe Wright
Christopher Simpson
Mark Strong
Eva Birthistle
Col Needham

it says on the website rules: All nominated films will be viewed by the Jury. The winners will be decided by a secret ballot. In the case of a tie, a deciding vote will be cast by the Jury Chairperson.
keiraRules is offline   Reply With Quote