Pets/Animals Thread - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 25-09-2007, 10:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
JenR
on loan from np.com

Pets/Animals Thread

my babies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenR View Post

top: Spankey
Bottom: Nirvana, Sophie, Lexie.

Zander:

new comer: Mittens
He was ina terrible accident that left him a little brain damaged.... and it turned him into a complete BRAT!!!... and hes FAT now.
<- He was so helpless.

I love me babies. >---(>U<)---<

What happened to (Mr.)Mittens, was this dog gate ours that we put agaisnt the walls (so our dogs cant run lose in the night) was sitting against in the wall in the room Mittens was eating in one night, and Mittens (being a fristy kitten) climbed on the gate and it fell backwar landing on top of him(his head) I heard the gate fall, but i didnt think much of it sicne it happened before and it wasnt serious, and i picked the gate up i saw Mittens laying on his side, with blood squirting out of his mouth. I didnt know what to do, but scream(run off) to get my dad.

We thought his neck was broken and there wasnt anything we could do to help him, so my dad went to get a shovel and shoe box to barrie him in. With in a minutes so so, i was sitting next to Mittens, and i had my hand on his body (see if he was breathing) and Mitten picked up with head barely opened his eyes to look at me. I didnt want to wak up the morning after the accident. I was afraid i was going to pick him up and he'd be dead. I'm not a very religous person, but that was like my 1st time to really make a prayer for him.

I did a daily progess photo of him:

He still has 6 or 7 lives left. I'm sure the accient knocked out about 2, and a week or so ago, he had a seizure out of no where (and of course i walked in on that too).

I swear... i'm going to walk in on every bad thing that happens to him. lol

He used to be a sweatheart. Very lovable kitten who would follow me everywhere (i have videos) he'd even give u kisses on ur lips and litterally hod ur moth in place with his paws to give them. Now, he doesnt do anything but sit and stare at somthing, eat(a lot) and drink(a lot), and sit in his litterbox doing nothing... he'll just sit in there. We think he has a little brain damage.... hes a BRAT.

Last edited by JenR; 25-09-2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: I have O.C.D.
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 10:49 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

That's just sad

I still love that group picture of your dogs, it's too funny.

Here's my papillon, Chance:

My fatty cat Damien:

And we still have this kitten that nobody seems to want and we've been treating like the rest of our pets, so *shrugs*. She's not named yet:

Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2007, 10:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
JenR
on loan from np.com

haha when we still had Mitten's brothers, i named the orang/red/yellow (whatever color they're considered) "Orange."

i called him Yellow, sometimes, but Orange mostly. Online i called him Firefox.
.. wooo he was a CRY BABY.
Old 25-09-2007, 10:55 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I've always wanted to call a pet by the name of a character from "To Kill a Mockingbird." Like Boo, Scout, or Finch.
Old 25-09-2007, 11:21 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
JenR
on loan from np.com

I just accidently refreshed my post i was typing for this one that was long (because i tlak like crazy online) and now i lost everything i was saying. Its not even WORTH retyping, so use ur imagination on what i was going to say.

Mittens had 3 brothers. who we gave away to a pet place. He's mittens and his bros when they were little:

. Orange/Yellow ...... Mr. Mittens ........ Vicious .......... Fats/Beast ...

I also called Fats, "Mehh" because thats exactly what his meow sounds like.

Vicious and Mitten were a Camera Kittens. They'd pose for ever photo:

Mitten's would put up a fight sometimes.

ATTACK!!!!
Old 26-09-2007, 04:46 AM   Senior Registered Member #6
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Nice action shot!

My dog, Sparky was 15 when we had to put him down (which was just under a month ago) He was not in good shape. He was insanely old for a pure bred dalmatian. He was such a prideful dog (and a bastard who I always said I hated, but truly didn't) and it was sad to see him on his death-bed for so long.

Here's a few pics of him:

I don't have any pictures of my cats, unfortunately, but I have two. They're brother and sister and they're 17! Which is crazy. We used to have three, the second sister, but she got really sick last year.
Old 26-09-2007, 04:59 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #7
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Awwwww!! Gah, I swear dalmatian puppies are the cutest. I decided that when I have my own house, I either want a dalmatian or a boxer.
Old 26-09-2007, 07:35 AM   Senior Registered Member #8
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Awwwww!! Gah, I swear dalmatian puppies are the cutest. I decided that when I have my own house, I either want a dalmatian or a boxer.
I would only recommend a dalmatian if you're planning on having it trained. Sparky was kind of a burden because I never had anyone over to my house because he would bite them. They're very protective and tend to cling to their owner. He hated me, but loved my mom. He would follow her everywhere and if she went into a room and shut the door he would start howling and crying. It was annoying.

The training won't help with the dog clinging to you, but with the biting/barking which was probably top 10 most annoying things of my lifetime.

But still loved ya, Spark! *points up*
Old 26-09-2007, 11:02 AM   Senior Registered Member #9
JenR
on loan from np.com

so cuuute^

I woke up at 5am again (its 6am now) and Mittens had his 2nd seizure. I knew it was going to happen. i had this voice in my head saying "turn around" before he had it. about 5-10 seconds later, i heard him make his spitting/hiss noise and their he was shaking.

:edit:

Fats^ is featured in the link below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Lol. Not bad.

They're a fair bit funnier than icanhascheezburger, but that's only because they pick cute-funny and not obscene-funny, which is unfortunate.

For example, I submitted this one and it didn't get chosen. Poopheads!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...uchalkhaul.jpg

.. big head.

Last edited by JenR; 26-09-2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: ddint really like double posting.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
JenR
on loan from np.com

Mittens, Vicious, Orange, and Fats. loved me as their Mama, and "person who feeds me"

Very old video, back in April (2007)

My usual moments with Spanky:
Old 04-10-2007, 12:35 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Hahaha, I found the second video incredibly amusing but I was sort of cringing when he would lick your face more than three times in a row. It makes me feel so uncomfortable when dogs do that to me.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 AM   Senior Registered Member #12
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I had a pet hamster when I was 8 or so, called Snowball. If memory serves, he was a pygmy snow hamster-completely white and did not get much bigger then 5 inches long. My parent's were not too keen on having cats or dogs, but they didn't think a hamster would be too bad. Loved my sister, hated me. Snowball lived for about a year and a half, which then I buried him in a golf ball sleeve in the backyard when I lived in North Dakota.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:20 AM   Senior Registered Member #13
JenR
on loan from np.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
Hahaha, I found the second video incredibly amusing but I was sort of cringing when he would lick your face more than three times in a row. It makes me feel so uncomfortable when dogs do that to me.
he's a big baby. My mom calls him a "Goomer" (goober)

any time i say "What is it" to an animal they do something funny or talk back to me. Its like the one of the one ways to get a response out of a cat or dog.

Fats & Vicious:

I mainly shot this because i loved fat's "Mehh" meow. it doesnt sound like it did in person on the camera... i miss those kittens.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:33 PM   Senior Registered Member #14
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

can't compete with Jen's pets, (she already knows I want them all, especially Zander The Thief) but here's my royal bundle of bitchiness.

Reina looking regal

"Excuse me, you're blocking the sun"

Sniffing Cecile (the turtle)
"we come in peace to eat all of your cucumbers"
"yeeeeah, but you stink."

This is what happens when you don't remember there's a mosquito net in your way.

Blurry face shot of Cecile. Sex-eee!
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:24 AM   Senior Registered Member #15
JenR
on loan from np.com

ahhhhhhh so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:38 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #16
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I leave my dog alone with my mum for 5 minutes, and THIS is what happens:

Poor baby.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:40 AM   Senior Registered Member #17
JenR
on loan from np.com

he needs to get some wooden shoes.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:02 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #18
Digital_Ice

oh dear god. people who dress up animals should be shot.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:17 AM   Senior Registered Member #19
JenR
on loan from np.com

i think its cute. i wouldnt walk my dog down the street dressed up, but just for fun aroudn the house never hurt anyone.

Took this yesterday:

he jumped in my lap for my French Fries!! I can understand why hes not looking at the webcam (FOOD), but i'm not sure why i'm not... hmmm.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:21 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #20
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
oh dear god. people who dress up animals should be shot.
Yeah. You never hear animal cruelty banging on about that but that's what it is; cruelty.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote