La Ligas Fantasio - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:50 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

La Ligas Fantasio

Anyone else play fantasy football?
I'm in a ten team league where everyone puts up a hundred. Came in second last year and had the most points, so I netted a couple hundred dollars.
My team is as follows...
QBs - Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck (no relation)
RBs - Cadillac Williams, Jerious Norwood, DeAngelo Williams and Kevin Jones.
WRs - Steve Smith (Carolina), Randy Moss, Devery Henderson and Roscoe Parrish
TEs - Vernon Davis and Randy McMichael
PK - Robbie Gould
DEF - San Diego Chargers

I out-thunk myself this week and sat Randy Moss in favor of Devery Henderson because Moss was nursing a hamstring.
Big mistake.
Henderson got 3 points while Moss got 24.

Didn't hurt me too bad though. I'm up 83 - 67 going into the two games tonight and we both only have tight ends left to play.

No fantasy football?

How about association football (soccer)?

I've got a Barclay's Premier League team that's getting pulverized as we speak. I made a lot of transfers that cost me points because of injuries and suspension. That twat C. Ronaldo cost me with his stupid headbutt.

S.E.U.F.C. is as follows...

Hahnemann...Schmeichel

Lescott...Distin...Scharner...Neill...Taylor

Fabregas...Arteta...Gamst Pedersen...Dempsey...Barry

Torres...Martins...Bellamy

I've also got an MLS team. It's actually doing better but, like most fans of the beautiful game...I don't really pay that much attention to it.

And, to round things out, I'm also participating in Fantasy Moguls.
My slate of Eight...

3:10 to Yuma
Silk
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
King of California
Dan in Real Life
Run Fatboy Run
Fred Claus
Enchanted

Have your people call my people.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:04 PM   Officer #2
Renegade
Stock Boy

You know once upon a time, I was thinking of asking you Brad if you wanted to join a fantasy league with me. But alas, I've given up fantasy football this year to focus on school.

I remember last year, I spent more time on tweaking my fantasy lineup than studying. That didn't turn out well.

P.S. Good pick with Vernon Davis. He will own the Arizona defense tonight. (Go Niners!). Brad, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you chose Peyton as your first pick judging by your RB core.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #3
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I never have done this but I have some friends who do. Everyone of them is overweight. Go play some football rather than fantasize about it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:47 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #4
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
You know once upon a time, I was thinking of asking you Brad if you wanted to join a fantasy league with me. But alas, I've given up fantasy football this year to focus on school.

I remember last year, I spent more time on tweaking my fantasy lineup than studying. That didn't turn out well.

P.S. Good pick with Vernon Davis. He will own the Arizona defense tonight. (Go Niners!). Brad, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you chose Peyton as your first pick judging by your RB core.
Yeah, I picked sixth and there wasn't really a running back that I felt was worth taking over Peyton the point machine. Frank Gore was available, but I just couldn't justify taking him over Peyton. I had L.T. and Willie Parker last year, so that's why I had such a good season.
I picked Moss up in the third round and he looks like a hell of a bargain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman
I never have done this but I have some friends who do. Everyone of them is way cooler than me. I love to play with guys' balls rather than fantasize about it.
:icon_err:
Old 11-09-2007, 06:21 AM   Officer #5
Renegade
Stock Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Yeah, I picked sixth and there wasn't really a running back that I felt was worth taking over Peyton the point machine. Frank Gore was available, but I just couldn't justify taking him over Peyton. I had L.T. and Willie Parker last year, so that's why I had such a good season.
I picked Moss up in the third round and he looks like a hell of a bargain.

How dare you not take Gore! Just kidding. Peyton's a solid pick and Gore did get stuffed tonight and won't be a surprise to defenses this season. And Cadillac? That's a such a "home" pick. Don't mind the hate, I just hold a grudge against him because he was my 2nd pick last year. =P
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:50 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #6
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
How dare you not take Gore! Just kidding. Peyton's a solid pick and Gore did get stuffed tonight and won't be a surprise to defenses this season. And Cadillac? That's a such a "home" pick. Don't mind the hate, I just hold a grudge against him because he was my 2nd pick last year. =P
Yeah, he was. But, he was the best back on the board so my hands were kind of tied. He did alright for me Sunday until he got injured. Besides, the "home" pick was offset by the fact that I picked Steve Smith and DeAngelo Williams...because I hate the Panthers. And when I say hate, I mean HATE the fucking Panthers.
Giants/Dodgers hate.
Chargers/Raiders hate.

One guy in my league had 14 points going into last nights games. And, all he had left was Chad Johnson.
Ouch.