Amy Winehouse - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 24-08-2007, 08:20 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Amy Winehouse

I know Brad's a fan, and I'm a MASSIVE fan. There's been a lot going on with her recently since she's been in and out of rehab-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...icbox&ct=5

Amy Winehouse in bloody hotel brawl with junkie husband

Bloody and battered after ripping into each other during a drug-fuelled row, this is Amy Winehouse, the cream of Britain's young singing talent, and her junkie husband Blake Fielder-Civil.

Stumbling around the streets of London at 4.45am, the pair bore the wounds of an almighty row which spiralled wildly out of control.

They have been holed up in a suite at a five-star hotel in Soho for the past three days after checking out of rehab for crack and heroin addiction.

The fight in the early hours of yesterday left 23-year-old Miss Winehouse with blood staining her pink ballet shoes and the knees of her jeans.

Purple bruises could be seen on the side of her neck and her knuckles were swollen.

But her 24-year-old husband appeared to have come off a lot worse - with cuts and scratches on both cheeks and around his neck.

Before the big fight, the singer had made a solo trip out of the hotel at 11pm, walking a few yards down the road to meet and hug a girl in her 20s before returning alone.

An eyewitness said it appeared the girl handed over some kind of small package to Miss Winehouse as they hugged.

The singer returned to her hotel room and within hours other guests complained of raised voices, clattering furniture and screaming.

Shortly afterwards, the concierge was called.

Miss Winehouse, who has a history of self-harming, had asked for medical assistance to patch up cuts on her arm.

At around 2.30am, said guests, the fight sounded like it had restarted - then Miss Winehouse was seen sprinting down the corridor to the lift, pursued by her badly bleeding husband.

One guest who got into the lift to reception at the same time said they started shouting at each other. "Amy was in floods of tears. This guy was screaming at her.

"She was cowering in the corner and I thought he was going to hit her. When the lift door opened, she took off across the lobby at a real pace.

"He was chasing after her and was about five paces behind by the time she got to the main hotel entrance."

The couple then dashed into the street.

An eyewitness said: "Just after 3am, Amy came sprinting out and down the road.

"She was in a real state of panic. Blake was running after her, but couldn't catch up.

"Amy was so hell-bent on getting away from him that she ran into the middle of the street and flagged down a random car that happened to be full of girls.

"She was saying, 'Quickly, I have to get in, I have to get away, please help me'.

"Her voice was breaking, you could tell she was scared.

"The car drove off at speed and ended up about a mile away at Charing Cross station. Amy got out and went into a 24-hour shop to buy cigarettes.

"She was looking completely out of her head. Blake ran after the car for a while. He spent the next halfhour or so wandering around in a daze with blood over his face, looking in doorways for her, shouting her name out.

"Eventually, he got through to her on the mobile.

"There were a lot of tears and shouting, but they calmed down and met up at around 4am and slowly walked back to the hotel arm-in-arm. They got back at 4.45am."

Then, she send a few messages to friend Perez Hilton:

"Amy Winehouse: “Blake is the best man in the world. We would never ever harm each other. Take back what you said on the blog. I thought you was my girl. I was cutting myself after he found me in our room about to do drugs with a call girl and rightly said I wasn’t good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life.”

Text #2: “I’ll be alright. I need to fight my man’s corner for him though. x”

Text #3: “For the last time he did not and never has hurt me. Say I told you what happened on your blog. He has such a hard time and he so supportive. Please make amends. Kiss. Amy x”

A while later, text #4: “Please can you put up the truthful version straight away? It’s bad enough that it’s been there that long. I know you love me but he deserves the truth, he is an amazing man who saved my life again and got cut badly for his troubles. All he get is horrible stories printed about him and he just keeps quiet, but this i too much. Thanks girl. Amy”

Then was seen this morning cleaned up leaving the hotel with her husband Blake-

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?i...iysqwpmbp4.jpg

I usually don't follow news around on one person like this, but I'm seriously worried for her. People have also accusing her husband for getting her hooked on drugs, supplying her with drugs and so on, but he's definitely always there to save her when she gets herself in trouble. Not long ago, she OD'd and had a seizure and he found her, and rushed her to the hospital.

Woman needs to be chained in rehab. I get a Jimi Hendrix vibe about the whole thing.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 08:27 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

That's sad to see. I noticed it whilst looking around for Castro stuff. She really seems to be in a lot of trouble.
Old 24-08-2007, 08:34 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #3
Mandy
Honourary Brit

I just really wish she'd go to Rehab, get herself tied to a bed, get through the awful withdrawl process and go from there. She's said to have put on "a stone and a half" (I've no idea how much weight a "stone" is - help me out, Brits)

Also, here's a message Blake posted at an Amy Winehouse forum a few days ago after they'd reportedly checked out of rehab:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21.../blakemssg.jpg
Old 24-08-2007, 08:35 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #4
peach

Absolutely horrible. Sad that someone would like to hurt themself so much. I wonder how long it could have been until he saved her. Well if thats the story.
peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 08:49 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #5
peach

I didnt read the article, but wasnt her dad in rehab? Or was it that he visited her I cant remember.
They should change it too. if you check yourself in you cant get out until you fnnished the process. If Only it was that easy
Old 24-08-2007, 08:51 PM   Senior Registered Member #6
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

she looks ten times worse than he does...it's so sad, seeing (or rather reading about) someone slowly destroying themselves.
She's young, pretty and talented...it's really an awful shame.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 08:56 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #7
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach View Post
I didnt read the article, but wasnt her dad in rehab? Or was it that he visited her I cant remember.
They should change it too. if you check yourself in you cant get out until you fnnished the process. If Only it was that easy
I think he was just visiting. I completely agree with you. I think when you check in for rehab, you sign somthing that says you can't leave until you're clean. In a perfect world, it'd be like that.

Here are some pictures of her and her husband walking through London today - she looks better.

Old 24-08-2007, 09:01 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Senior Registered Member #8
peach

She does, except, she is still quite skinny. He looks better aswell.
I dont know much about it so forgive me if my question sounds stupid. But isn't drugs illegal or that just drug dealing.
So if people know she is using drugs, the press write about it wouldnt that make it easy for the police to do something?
Old 24-08-2007, 09:06 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #9
Mandy
Honourary Brit

That's an extremely good question. They have to be caught with possession though. People can talk about it, but if they aren't caught with it, they can't really do much. Loads of artists even write/sing about it in their records, but the police don't go breaking down their doors.
Old 25-08-2007, 12:39 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #10
duckula
Nobler in the mind.

Well I hope she makes it through alive as this will be great material for the next album.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 01:47 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #11
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I've no idea how much weight a "stone" is - help me out, Brits
1 stone = 6.35029318 kilograms

so a stone and a half is about 9.5kg
Old 25-08-2007, 05:36 PM   Senior Registered Member #12
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
1 stone = 6.35029318 kilograms

so a stone and a half is about 9.5kg
Okay, and what is that in American-people weight units.

Man, Amy Winehouse and her husband are so freaking cool. I feel like I'm in the '70s when I read about them and look at pictures.
Old 25-08-2007, 05:57 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #13
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula View Post
Well I hope she makes it through alive as this will be great material for the next album.
I completely agree. Although people are starting to compare her to Doherty, in that she'll still be making music as she gets worse and worse.
Old 25-08-2007, 06:10 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #14
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
9.5kg = 44 Big Mac's
Old 25-08-2007, 06:13 PM   Senior Registered Member #15
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
9.5kg = 44 Big Mac's
Hahahaha.

Next time I go to McDonald's I'm going to order a stone and a half of Big Mac's.
Old 25-08-2007, 06:18 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #16
Digital_Ice

hreh. (for the record... 9.5 kg is about 21 lbs)
Old 25-08-2007, 06:18 PM   Senior Registered Member #17
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Quote:
9.5kg = 44 Big Mac's
how much cholesterol is that in stones?
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 06:24 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #18
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Oh God, oh god, now I want McDonalds. SHIT. WHAT DO I DO?!
Old 25-08-2007, 06:34 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #19
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
how much cholesterol is that in stones?
0.000554305116 stones.

aaanyway... how far off topic are we now/

and why doesnt my question mark key work/
Old 25-08-2007, 06:43 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #20
Mandy
Honourary Brit

And what's up with your sig?