Why So Serious? - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 20-09-2007, 01:13 AM   Senior Registered Member #21
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

First of all, Bale can play anyfucking thing ever. They could have cast Bale as a Transformer, and used no CGI and he could have sold it.

Secondly, you guys don't give enough credit to actors. Ledger is a good actor, he'll do it well. Just go in with an open mind, it's a Batman movie after all. If Ledger was playing Ghandi it might be weird, but it's a comic book villain. I think he'll do well.
Old 20-09-2007, 02:23 AM   Senior Registered Member #22
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I think he'll do swell-it's just impossible to not judge his performance against Jack's.
Old 20-09-2007, 01:17 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #23
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I didn't say Bale or Ledger weren't fine actors. I actually fully expected Bale to be a kickarse Batman because the man just fit the role. That's the thing with cult figures like Batman and the Joker...it is NOT good enough being a good actor, you have to "fit" the role. Hence a shit actor like Jackman (sorry, but the man can't act) could still be a good Wolverine because he just "fit". I just don't see Ledger being able to top Jack, who practically owns the role, whereas I fully could see Bale making a great Batman, and so it proved. My love of the Batman comic books does not allow me to simply have an "open mind", getting Ledger to play Joker is the equivalent in my world of getting Big Bird from Sesame Street to play Jesus. Yes, Batman is more important than the Bible.

Your point about Gandhi vs Joker is condescending, that bit about it being a comic book villain sounds like you're saying "just" a comic book villain. As a comic book geek I assure you comic book villains are not easy to play (when you think a good actor like Tommy Lee Jones sucked at it) and I think it's easier to play a historical figure like Gandhi than a persona like The Joker or Darth Vader.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2007, 03:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle View Post
Your point about Gandhi vs Joker is condescending, that bit about it being a comic book villain sounds like you're saying "just" a comic book villain. As a comic book geek I assure you comic book villains are not easy to play (when you think a good actor like Tommy Lee Jones sucked at it) and I think it's easier to play a historical figure like Gandhi than a persona like The Joker or Darth Vader.
First of all, look how poorly I spelled Gandhi in my first reply, the "h" was like, three places off.

I guess I just see it as not too important because it's a summer movie blockbuster. Which you usually go into expecting not much of. But Batman is a big deal so I'll allow you to care this much about it. Just know that I still think you're a nerd, though.
Old 20-09-2007, 05:17 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #25
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Everyone spells it incorrectly. I have a slight advantage with being of Indian descent and knowing how transliteration from Indian languages to English often works. I see your point about summer blockbusters, but comic book movies are a niche for me (being a comic book nerd). I actually came out of Spiderman 3 and had a fit, left the cinema screaming loudly "It's not right" and "Spiderman is more important than the Bible". Think I said some of the flaws in the film were the equivalent of having Jesus be gay in The Passion. I got some weird looks. And yes, I am a nerd.
Old 20-09-2007, 09:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #26
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I thought Spidey 3 was a fiasco compared to the second, and best, in the series. Like the third Pirates film, just way too much information and senseless jargon. Don't even get me started on how Venom was anally raped in the film.

Anywho, here's hoping the next trailer for TDK will be before "I Am Legend" this Xmas.
Old 21-09-2007, 12:36 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #27
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

I agree with every word of that. Spidey 3 was a joke, Spidey 2 was brilliant, and Venom...jeez.
Old 21-09-2007, 04:32 PM   Senior Registered Member #28
frodo1511
Pin Dick

Well, fuck, how about adding other comic book films to this thread?

What's your opinion on the Iron Man trailer, Edward Norton being Bruce Banner/Hulk in the Incredible Hulk film (let's pretend the first one never happened), and how awesome a good JLA/Avengers film could be?
Old 21-09-2007, 04:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #29
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

The only comic book movie I'm most concerned about is the Watchmen movie. I can't wait to see what Zack Snyder does with it, even though I'm sure it'll be a let-down compared to the graphic novel. But everything is a let down compared the the Watchmen book because it's the best thing ever.
Old 21-09-2007, 07:56 PM   Senior Registered Member #30
frodo1511
Pin Dick

I never really got into the Watchmen phase personally-I cared more about The Dark Knight Returns and Frank Miller's vision of everything. As the movie gets closer to release, I'll try to dig up a few issues of Watchmen to get myself acquainted with the universe.