Gay marriages - Page 2 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > Keira Girls > Relationships & Sexuality

Relationships & Sexuality Advice? I-Told-You-So's? Confusion? Rabid Parents? Stick it in here and smoke it. Boys welcome too!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-07-2004, 05:34 PM   #21
ChocolateMoose
Member
 
ChocolateMoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
Calm down dear, this is only a commercial.
Ack!! Those adverts REALLY annoy me...

But back on topic...I understand the things which you say duckula, however (and I don't mean to sound rude) its not your problem. If gay people want to marry, why shouldn't they? Its not harming anyone.
__________________
Visit http://www.freewebs.com/my-reviews and

READ my reviews of films, theatre and concerts!
VOTE in the poll - Who has the most influence on which films you see at the cinema?
INVENT a caption - This months picture comes from Equilibrium!
ChocolateMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 06:32 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #22
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Gay Marriage.... the changes in law that would allow this, I will leave to those who know/care more about the subject than I do.
Its not like gay marriage is depriving straight people of people to get married to. I'm pretty sure gay people know that they're gay far before they even consider getting married. Also, it would be distinctly wrong to repress people's feelings, and make gay people live a straight lifestyle, where they would be unhappy/uncomfortable for the rest of their lives.
I'm all for the freedom to express your feelings, having to hide them is a sad and terrible thing.

However, I think partially due to the way I was brought up (strict catholic, south korean effort ethic) I am somewhat uncomfortable with the idea.
For example, at work today, this incredibly obviously gay couple come into the sony centre, and I end up talking them through hifi cables. As people they were perfectly nice, and I was happy to talk to them, but one of them kept looking me up and down, which made me a bit disconcerted. When the guys left, I noticed that the guy who had been checking me out was wearing a bag which was given away free with cosmopolitan (as it had cosmopolitan written in pink on the back) and I couldn't help shudder slightly As yet, the media seem to be seeing gay couples as a curiosity, rather than just something that happens, which might be what was behind my subconcious.

Regardless of anything else though, I would go absolutely fucking mental, if my sister turned out to be gay. I don't know what I'd do. Of course I want her to be happy whatever, but I want nephews damnit!
:P seriously though, I would be terribly displeased. My mum would probably kill herself.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 07:01 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #23
Kelsey
Holly Moderator
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
I'm pretty sure gay people know that they're gay far before they even consider getting married.
You would think.

Why wasn't that one couple allowed to get a divorce? If they were legally "married", then doesn't that automatically give them the right to get divorced? Or, do they have to go back to the state the liscence was issued in or something, except that it's no longer legal here?
__________________
~* Kelsey *~

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 07:33 PM   Senior Registered Member #24
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff

Regardless of anything else though, I would go absolutely fucking mental, if my sister turned out to be gay. I don't know what I'd do. Of course I want her to be happy whatever, but I want nephews damnit!
:P seriously though, I would be terribly displeased. My mum would probably kill herself.
Darlin would you go totally fucking mental if your sis was infertile? No you'd be like well thers always adoption.. ivf insemination..surrogate mothers..blah..so why is it so different?

xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 07:42 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #25
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
Let me lay this out for you kids. Gay marriage is a subversion of the institution and admission that we can no longer legislate morally (which is you understand the underpinning of all legislation). A laizes faire attitude to morality and conduct is the start of a slippery slope to the fall of our civilisation. If we can't say what is right and wrong and enforce it then we are fucked.

Homosexual relations are wrong and must not be endorsed.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 07:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #26
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
Let me lay this out for you kids. Gay marriage is a subversion of the institution and admission that we can no longer legislate morally (which is you understand the underpinning of all legislation). A laizes faire attitude to morality and conduct is the start of a slippery slope to the fall of our civilisation. If we can't say what is right and wrong and enforce it then we are fucked.

Homosexual relations are wrong and must not be endorsed.
Yes dear! *pat on back*

Im not spamming..swears :icon_spam :err:
xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 07:43 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #27
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirazBabe
Darlin would you go totally fucking mental if your sis was infertile? No you'd be like well thers always adoption.. ivf insemination..surrogate mothers..blah..so why is it so different?

xXx
I think its because of my Korean upbringing. Everything is based on blood relationships. Family travels down through the eldest son, children look after parents after they've retired, parents do everything for their kids. This age old process and way of living would be crippled by such.
E.g. if the eldest son dies, the family dies with it. I've been Britishfied, but even so, I would never ever put my mum in a home. In my mind, adoption, and non same blood children is just not the same.
Outdated beliefs for a modern society I know, but its what I feel for the moment.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 07:46 PM   Senior Registered Member #28
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by acliff
I think its because of my Korean upbringing. Everything is based on blood relationships. Family travels down through the eldest son, children look after parents after they've retired, parents do everything for their kids. This age old process and way of living would be crippled by such.
E.g. if the eldest son dies, the family dies with it. I've been Britishfied, but even so, I would never ever put my mum in a home. In my mind, adoption, and non same blood children is just not the same.
Outdated beliefs for a modern society I know, but its what I feel for the moment.
Ack thats fine darlin.. its patr of who you are.. but saying that my mum is homophobic..doesn't mean im going to follow her views..but her dad was a vicar- enough said lol. But then if family travels down through the eldest son.. it evidently doesnt apply to your sis.. i understand what you mean if the child is not blood related..but there are ways of the child stil being blood related so yar.. *blinks* end of that lol.

xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 07:58 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #29
acliff
llama llama duck
 
acliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London
Posts: 1,818
Blood family ties run deep in my family. Besides, our family has been through enough trauma in the last couple of years, to be able to cope with yet another bomb such as that.
__________________
Leave a message...
acliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 08:36 PM   Officer #30
DragonRat
Officer
 
DragonRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: California
Posts: 507
Are gay marriages wrong? In my honest opinion, yes, they are. Personally, as a Christian, I find it immoral and distasteful, to see two men or two women wed each other in a house of God, when they know perfectly well they are doing something that has been specifically written as disdainful in God's eyes. I agree with what the Republicans believe (but dislike what they have done), as a 'marriage' is defined as the union between man and woman; that is what marriage is, and has always been. (Survival of culture and mankind cannot last without that specific denotation.) Personally, if they wish to have the same legal rights - and pay the same marriage tax - as everyone else, then go to a justice of the peace and wed into a legal union.

Now, as for whether or not I support homosexuality, that's a bit different. Sure, I don't care what people do in the privacy of their homes. And I enjoy the occasional veggie flick every now and then, just like every other guy. It's really their choice, what they should do with their lives.

On a political standpoint, the Republican party is decidedly conservative, and they'll go along with anything Bush says. In that context, I am disgusted at the political actions that Congress has taken. I may have my own conflicting views on gay marriage, but that does not mean one side or the other should be absolute law. So, on political and religious standpoints, there are two different points of view. One cannot simply apply religious views to political views.
__________________
"I like refried beans. That's why I want to try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good, and we're just wasting time." - Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 08:52 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #31
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Please ignore Ducky...it's his time of the month...methinks Megs got him good (and sorry mate, it was you who began with the personal insults by insulting all homosexual people.). OWNED mate.

EDIT:Although one little thing...gay sex doesn't further the development of the human race? It's unnecessary to procreation and thus is without merit? What about female orgasms then, as they're hardly necessary to the reproductive function of sex, are they? They bring sex "down" back into the realms of lust. Are they thus also "wrong"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRat
Are gay marriages wrong? In my honest opinion, yes, they are. Personally, as a Christian, I find it immoral and distasteful, to see two men or two women wed each other in a house of God, when they know perfectly well they are doing something that has been specifically written as disdainful in God's eyes. I agree with what the Republicans believe (but dislike what they have done), as a 'marriage' is defined as the union between man and woman; that is what marriage is, and has always been. (Survival of culture and mankind cannot last without that specific denotation.) Personally, if they wish to have the same legal rights - and pay the same marriage tax - as everyone else, then go to a justice of the peace and wed into a legal union.
That's all a marriage is. All this getting married in the house of God...who says they bloody want to? Most gay people spit on religion as it frowns on their behaviour, but marriage IS a bloody legal union...if you want a seperate religious "union" you can have one...and that can be open only to straight people but marriage is a PURELY legal right and a PURELY legal entity. I'm sick and tired of fucking religious zealots stealing the word "marriage" and turning it into something it's not...it's simply a contract between two people that wish to be together...if you don't like that, DEAL WITH IT. Marriage IS a legal union, NOT a religious one...maybe religion needs to accept that and come up with IT'S own "religious" union?

Quote:
On a political standpoint, the Republican party is decidedly conservative, and they'll go along with anything Bush says. In that context, I am disgusted at the political actions that Congress has taken. I may have my own conflicting views on gay marriage, but that does not mean one side or the other should be absolute law. So, on political and religious standpoints, there are two different points of view. One cannot simply apply religious views to political views.
The reason you find yourself in that position is because religion has misdirected you to believe that marriage is religious. It's not. It's purely a contract. It's not your fault, you're just misinformed.

Last edited by Hazzle; 23-07-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 09:39 PM   Senior Registered Member #32
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Awww love yas Haz darlin! tee hee.. very good point you made there and i agree with the whole marriage thing it is just a legal binding of two people..end of lol.

xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:06 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #33
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
O no, Haz has called it. I am defeated. My intellect lies beaten and broken on the field of battle.

You have provided no reasoned responses to my positions and have instead swathed yourself in spin and bluster. Please try harder.

I don't believe my comments were personal. But this is, KB, you are a twitchy little dyke who gets over excited and loses all reason. You are a hopeless banner waver who refuses to admit to herself that herself that her lifestyle is immoral and offensive. If you truely believed that homosexual relations were morally acceptable you wouldn't be so touchy about it. Your desperate rebuttals smack of someone who doesn't believe in their position in their heart of hearts despite wishing they did.

Finally, relying on a man to fight your side is just a demonstration of your weakness.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:12 PM   Senior Registered Member #34
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Sweetness..lil warning..don't ever try to mess with my feelings upon my sexuality as it will only result in me having to turn up at yours and smacking you round the face.. with my rainbow pride hang bag lol.. plus a horde of gay men..bitchy ones at that.. scurred? should be

"you are a twitchy little dyke who gets over excited and loses all reason." exxccuusee you me *stands with hands on hips" and the award for getting his eyebrows shaved off and snuffed up his own nostrils goes to... haha.. *claps* i give you... your foot in your mouth! ok first- 'twitchy'? like..wtf? what do you mean by that? 'little' yesch im pretty short.. 'dyke'- prefer term lesbian...'over excited' at what? 'loses all reason' why thankies for thinking i had ne reason to begin with

xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:18 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #35
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckula
O no, Haz has called it. I am defeated. My intellect lies beaten and broken on the field of battle.
Quite. Glad you admit it

Quote:
You have provided no reasoned responses to my positions and have instead swathed yourself in spin and bluster. Please try harder.
You've yet to produce any reasoned positions, and thus a reasoned response seems pointless. Homosexual relationships do not harm the reproductive process, because if they were forced to desist they just wouldn't have sex...so how would that aid the reproductive process? Thank you...it wouldn't. Oh...and let's not forget IVF...so gay couples can have children and aid the reproductive process, so if anything recognising gay marriages and their right to have children would be good, as it'd encourage them to have children they wouldn't have had otherwise (simply as they wouldn't want to sleep with a member of the opposite sex).

Quote:
I don't believe my comments were personal.
Well you're wrong...personal relates to any insult that impacts on someone's person or their personal life...personal simply means "of the person".

Quote:
But this is, KB, you are a twitchy little dyke who gets over excited and loses all reason.
And so Ducky loses the moral high ground. Shame that. Her insults were at least targetted at your arguments, and how stupid they were, yours are just targetted at her.

Quote:
You are a hopeless banner waver who refuses to admit to herself that herself that her lifestyle is immoral and offensive. If you truely believed that homosexual relations were morally acceptable you wouldn't be so touchy about it. Your desperate rebuttals smack of someone who doesn't believe in their position in their heart of hearts despite wishing they did.
Ooooh...where to begin. Well you're a hopeless wannabe homophobe probably hiding your own homosexual leanings (I caught the way you looked at me at Heathrow...sorry mate, don't swing that way ). As for the whole "If you truly believed that you wouldn't argue back" bullshit...clever, bur hardly original. If you genuinely believed you were right you'd leave the arguments to stand for themselves, no? You're simply desperate to appear a homophobe, probably because you're afraid to admit what you feel...just come out of the closet, eh mate? Be better for you.

Quote:
Finally, relying on a man to fight your side is just a demonstration of your weakness.
Me wading in had nothing to do with fighting her "side"...I stood up for what's right...you're just wrong...accept it.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:25 PM   Senior Registered Member #36
KeirazBabe
The Kewlest
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windsor, U.K
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzle
Quite. Glad you admit it



You've yet to produce any reasoned positions, and thus a reasoned response seems pointless. Homosexual relationships do not harm the reproductive process, because if they were forced to desist they just wouldn't have sex...so how would that aid the reproductive process? Thank you...it wouldn't. Oh...and let's not forget IVF...so gay couples can have children and aid the reproductive process, so if anything recognising gay marriages and their right to have children would be good, as it'd encourage them to have children they wouldn't have had otherwise (simply as they wouldn't want to sleep with a member of the opposite sex).
Exactly.. if not anything the legalistaion of marriage for gays will lead to more families therefore more children being adpted.. think of the poor lonely children.. and GRAT examples of gay fathers are Barry & Tony Drewitt Barlow who have twins and a third child (identical to the male twin just 1 year and a half difference)... all three biologically belong to the dads..v interesting.read up on them love them! hehe


Quote:
And so Ducky loses the moral high ground. Shame that. Her insults were at least targetted at your arguments, and how stupid they were, yours are just targetted at her.
Yer.. was uncalled for *wipes tear*.


Quote:
Ooooh...where to begin. Well you're a hopeless wannabe homophobe probably hiding your own homosexual leanings (I caught the way you looked at me at Heathrow...sorry mate, don't swing that way ). As for the whole "If you truly believed that you wouldn't argue back" bullshit...clever, bur hardly original. If you genuinely believed you were right you'd leave the arguments to stand for themselves, no? You're simply desperate to appear a homophobe, probably because you're afraid to admit what you feel...just come out of the closet, eh mate? Be better for you.
Ahh i see what it is now Haz sweety.. its coz being around me so long i have infact caused mr.ducky duck here to question his own sexuality.. thus repressing it and shoving all his homophpbia on me.. dont worry ducky.. its ok to be confused teee hee.


Quote:
Me wading in had nothing to do with fighting her "side"...I stood up for what's right...you're just wrong...accept it.
Pretends im black- AAA-MEENN

xXx
__________________
Megan xXx
- Wear It Proud -
~* 1st Member & Founder Of Keiraz Posse! *~
KeirazBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 10:28 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #37
duckula
Nobler in the mind.
 
duckula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,214
Talk about shooting the fox.
duckula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 11:03 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #38
apoggy
Mmm Marmite
 
apoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 1,274
I declare this argument over, duckula wins due to this reason:

Quote:
8. Everything the Mods & Admins say is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 11:05 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #39
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Hehe...except when they're disagreeing with the Great Hazzle, in which case they're wong...you should know that by now...it's the unwritten rule Baz forgot to put in...honest
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2004, 11:09 PM   Lifetme Service Award Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Retired Administrator #40
apoggy
Mmm Marmite
 
apoggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 1,274
arrogance doesnt suit you haz, neither does posting off topic
apoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.