Here's Looking at You, Mandy! - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 22-07-2007, 05:30 AM   Senior Registered Member #1
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Here's Looking at You, Mandy!

I was going to send Mandy a PM about this but I thought it could possible interest others so I made a thread.

Anyways, I'm looking to record music via computer and I don't know what program to obtain (not unillegally) Do you record your music from the computer Mandy, and if so, what program do you use.

Are there any easy programs that allow you to layer several recordings onto one another. Like I want to play my guitar as one track, and then record a bass line and blend the two together.

Any feedback would be helpful, y'allz. Thanks.
Old 22-07-2007, 07:04 AM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #2
Mandy
Honourary Brit

Cubase is ace. It's used in a lot of professional studios, but it is rather pricey. I got mine with my pre-amplifier that I had to buy with my microphone. That's the only one I know and the only one I've used.

If you want to just record tracks and slap them on to one another, Cool Edit Pro works as well, and I think there's a free version you can get on download.com.

Actually, just go to download.com and search Audio software. There's a bunch of different programs I'm sure you would fine useful.

What kind of mic are you using?
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 05:19 PM   Senior Registered Member #3
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Cubase is ace. It's used in a lot of professional studios, but it is rather pricey. I got mine with my pre-amplifier that I had to buy with my microphone. That's the only one I know and the only one I've used.

If you want to just record tracks and slap them on to one another, Cool Edit Pro works as well, and I think there's a free version you can get on download.com.

Actually, just go to download.com and search Audio software. There's a bunch of different programs I'm sure you would fine useful.

What kind of mic are you using?
Cool, thanks guys, I'll look into the Cool Edit stuff.

I'm using a DK hit kit thing, I think it's pretty low-end microphone, but my friend gave it to me for free, so I don't care. And it's not a computer mic that I got from Wal-Mart so that's cool, too.
I actually plan on recording very lo-fi and if there are recording muffles and unclear sound I'll kinda see that as cool.
Old 22-07-2007, 05:41 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
Mandy
Honourary Brit

There are some non-expensive mics that don't sound half bad anyway. I don't even know what a DK hit kit is, heh.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 05:43 PM   Senior Registered Member #5
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
There are some non-expensive mics that don't sound half bad anyway. I don't even know what a DK hit kit is, heh.
Yeah, I looked it up online after I posted what it was and couldn't find it, so it's probably called something else. It said DK on the actual mic, though, so I figured that's what it was.

But yeah, I gave it a practice run and it sounded alright. I just need to get one of those programs now.