Scott Peterson/Mark Hacking - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:08 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #1
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Scott Peterson/Mark Hacking

I know the Americans here are, sadly, all too familiar with the two names Hacking and Peterson. For those of you who don't live here, or if you've been living under a rock....click the links....
Laci Peterson
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/21/mis...man/index.html
http://www.lacipeterson.com/presscon...e02052003.html
http://www.lacipeterson.com

Lori Hacking
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/08/01/missing.woman/

I live in the next town over from where Laci was from and know people who worked at the country club Scott was a part of, but everyone seems to be watching the case like a hawk, and now this new case of Lori Hacking.

Let's discuss. It's sick isn't it? What are your opinions on anything - these two guys, have you been affected by this, guilty or innocent, the newest development in the Peterson trial (his mistress testified in court today). I know most people in the U.S. are aware of these cases, and I think some people overseas have heard of it as well (when I was in Barcelona we met a guy from Madrid who asked us where we were from and when we replied "Modesto by San Francisco" he replied with "Oh! Laci Peterson!" But even if you don't know, the above articles should fill in at least some of the blanks.

Discuss.

EDIT: I forgot to add my request that this thread remain respectful. I personally, don't find this topic funny, so I'm hoping no one else here does either

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com

Last edited by Kelsey; 11-08-2004 at 12:48 AM.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:29 AM   Officer #2
Renegade
Stock Boy

Scott Peterson's a sick man. If I'm not mistaken, he killed Laci when she was pregnant? That's just fucked up. He deserves life in prison. I remember sometimes watching the case on the news but I never really cared. Then I watched the TV movie USA made. So then I felt sorry for the poor woman.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:33 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #3
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Yeah, Laci was 8-months pregnant with her son when she was missing, and when her body was washed up on shore, the cord was tied around the baby's neck.

Check out my blog:
Old 11-08-2004, 12:41 AM   #4
alby

Peterson does face the death penalty if convicted. His former lover took the stand today and her testimony offers a depiction of him as a liar.

Peterson mistress recalls an international web of lies http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/10/pe...ial/index.html

By the way, the Hacking link doesn't work.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:42 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Richard
Dated

To be honest, this case hasn't affected me at all. But I think Scott's guilty, and for that he should be punished. A man who kills a woman while she's pregnant is really cold-hearted... and I just about feel no sympathy of any of those who do.

I never watched the TV movie, and I just found out about this Lori woman a couple days ago.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:51 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #6
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
Peterson does face the death penalty if convicted. His former lover took the stand today and her testimony offers a depiction of him as a liar.

Peterson mistress recalls an international web of lies http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/08/10/pe...ial/index.html
They both seem to be major compulsive liars....Mark Hacking's lies are absolutely insane. He told everyone (including his wife Lori that he was going to graduate from the University of Utah. He sent out invitations and everything, only to announce that he was too sick to attend on the day of the graduation. An article in People quoted his best friend whom he had known since pre-school, and the guy said that he had him fooled 100%. And this particular friend happens to be a cop!

Quote:
By the way, the Hacking link doesn't work.
Thanks, should work now.

Check out my blog:
Old 11-08-2004, 02:12 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #7
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Scott Peterson seems like a real scumbag to me. To kill your pregnant wife (or non-pregnant) is just inconceivable to me.
This Hacking guy just seems insane.
I hope they both die from excessive ass-raping in prison. Scott's kind of a pretty boy, so I'm pretty sure he'll get his.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:46 PM   First Class Member Officer #8
Sarah
Nice

Its nice how everyone has given him the death penalty already. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I'm not saying he's innocent, as I don't know the raw facts of the case (I only found out about it just now). But let him stand his trial. If he IS guilty, then give him the punishment he deserves.

There is always way too much emotion with a jury in cases like this. It happens here, too. People are convicted simply because they have no one else to pin the blame on. But if you've got all the DNA evidence and all the rest of it then kill the buggar.

I just hope your system isn't as flawed as ours is.
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Elijahfan

i say fry'em. well at least scott peterson. the trial stuff is always shown on tv and it's just sick, i mean come on, the guy killed his wife and unborn baby. i'm not at all with killing people but in this case, yes.

I’m okay with being unimpressive, I sleep better ~Garden State~
Elijahfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 06:50 PM   Officer #10
DragonRat
Officer

Jealousy is a terrible thing - as Iago (from Othello) has so originally named it, "the green-eyed monster". I mean, look at Orenthal James (O.J.) Simpson; if people didn't think he killed his wife out of jealous motive, then I don't know what to think. He got away with it, because the LAPD did a crap job - their best detective happened to be a racist, and they planted evidence over the crime scene to tamper it (cue Dave Chappelle joke).

If Peterson and Hacking did do it, then I just hope they are not acquited, as Simpson was. It's a terrible thing, to let a guilty man free, but that is the justice system of our country. The prime thing is to let a guilty man free, rather than an innocent man spend his entire life in prison.

Do I believe either of them to be guilty or innocent? Honestly, I don't really care. However, it's hard not to think of them as guilty; they're the prime suspects, and they do have motives. We'll just see in time. Besides, it's not up to me to choose; it's up to the jury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
I hope they both die from excessive ass-raping in prison. Scott's kind of a pretty boy, so I'm pretty sure he'll get his.
Oh, and actually, those who end up the bitches in the prison system have either committed rape or child molestation. Call it poetic justice.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
DragonRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:44 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #11
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I think Mark Hacking has admitted to killing his pregnant wife, Lori. There was a huge search for her body and then recently her family issued a statement saying the searches by all the volunteers were unneccessary now, and since then, cops and stuff have only searched in a specific dump yard.

And it now seems pretty obvious that Scott killed Laci. But hopefully the Modesto police didn't screw up as much as people are saying they are, and they have enough evidence to prove it. It would be a shame if he were guilty but was let go.

Check out my blog:
Old 12-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #12
alby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad
Scott Peterson seems like a real scumbag to me. To kill your pregnant wife (or non-pregnant) is just inconceivable to me.
This Hacking guy just seems insane.
Your wish might come true. If he receives the death penalty, Peterson will be sent to San Quentin, quite possibly the most vicious prison in the US.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:53 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #13
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Its nice how everyone has given him the death penalty already. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I'm not saying he's innocent, as I don't know the raw facts of the case (I only found out about it just now). But let him stand his trial. If he IS guilty, then give him the punishment he deserves.

There is always way too much emotion with a jury in cases like this. It happens here, too. People are convicted simply because they have no one else to pin the blame on. But if you've got all the DNA evidence and all the rest of it then kill the buggar.

I just hope your system isn't as flawed as ours is.
It's not...it's worse

I agree...whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Oh wait...it never really existed...it's always been a myth...in high profile emotional cases it's always guilty until proven innocent...such is life.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:24 AM   #14
keira_lover

I think Peterson is a fucking sicko and any punishment he gets will be to good for him. I mean come on, the guy's obviously guilty and what's gonna happen once he's sentenced? he's gonna rot in jail the rest of his life. Who ultimately gets hurt by this? the tax payers of course. We're essentialy going to be paying for him to be alive. If I was in control I'd just take his ass out back and shoot him, but then again that's just me.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:37 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #15
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I agree. I'm all for the whole innocent until proven guilty, but in this particular case, it's not too hard to figure out. The question is whether or not there is enough evidence to absolutely prove that he did it. I'm so glad Amber Frey (sp?) isn't a dumbass. She may be the hero with those recordings of their conversations. Scott Peterson....sicko....I can't believe I once thought that that was the time to love your girlfriend/wife the most - when she's carrying your child.

Check out my blog:
Old 12-08-2004, 12:16 PM   #16
J'Adore

Unhappy

Courttv.com has got a lot of stuff on the case also, including transcripts of Scott Peterson's phone calls with Amber Frey.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/
J'Adore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:26 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #17
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt

Finding proof is the hallmark of guilt/innocence, or so I always thought. Someone's only guilty if you can find the evidence to prove it, or they're innocent...whether you think they did it or not is irrelevant. Let's not forget circumstantial evidence can be used to convict, if the jury buy it...but if they don't, the person is innocent...end of. Until the person's convicted, they didn't do it...that's the whole concept of innocent until proven guilty...but of course people don't REALLY believe all that shit until it affects them...every one of you saying how guilty these two are would be bitching if you ever found yourself wrongly accused and everyone assumed you were guilty...sad state of affairs.

I still don't agree with the death penalty in these cases...either it should be for all ,murders, no matter how justifiable or how the situation itself calls for mercy, or none...to save it for the "worst" involves a judgement as to the value of life...so that the value of a pregnant woman's life is worth more than that of one who isn't...that sort of shit sickens me, because a life is a life is a life.

These alleged crimes do sicken me...but that doesn't mean I'd support the death penalty for this case...thankfully it's not up to me, and it's not an English case...if America wishes to keep a barbaric, inhumane and arbitrary penal system, then so be it.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2004, 12:20 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #18
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

Sorry, but I hope that, if found guilty, Scott Peterson gets the death penalty. But maybe that's because I'm around that area, and was the one to speak with her mother when she brought the 'missing' fliers to where I work and asked if she could post one.

Check out my blog:
Old 13-08-2004, 12:26 AM   #19
alby

Why did Amber Frey tape record those conversations?
Old 13-08-2004, 12:31 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #20
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

She was already cooperating with police by that time.

Check out my blog: