Sporting Thread! - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 27-06-2007, 06:42 PM   #1
leo.nfsdoc
Newcomer

Sporting Thread!

I think it is about time somebody starts a thread about sports. Favorite sport? Favorite team? Favorite players? Videogame sports? Go ahead and post your little hearts out!!! I'll start us off:

My favorite sport is football (soccer).
My favorite teams happen to be Liverpool and West Ham United. Lucas Neill!!! OH BABY!!! And my lord Teddy Sheringham is a gift. Our very own forward #8. I sorta stopped rooting for Liverpool when they lost Michael Owen, and I could never in my LIFE become a Newcastle bloody fan. Bastards. In Fifa 07 (xbox) I'll usually either use West Ham or Barcelona, but my profile team is West Ham. I used to be in love with snowboarding and skateboarding. I moved to the United States to pursue a career in those sports, but I got badly injured. Broke my shoulder, ripped some ligaments. It's been 6 months since it happened, and I'm hoping to roll again. All I can do now is pursue my original dream of becoming an actor. I've always liked the idea of being more than one person. Having a role to play, being a model for others to follow like Johnny Depp has been to me in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (not because of drug abuse, because of American Dream realizations) and in the Pirates of the Caribbean (read my newcomers post to become more familiar with why I look up to Captain Jack Sparrow). Living a dual life, and making others believe I am a fictional character. I want to make people laugh, enjoy themselves...anyway back to sports. Yeah, I love sports.
"You people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong, it arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow."

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
leo.nfsdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 08:18 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Up the Hammers!
For obvious reasons, Carlos Tevez is one of my favorite players to watch.
One of my all time favorites was Rodney Marsh. I used to go to every Tampa Bay Rowdies game and he was simply amazing to watch, even late in his career. I also root for Oxford United because Oxfordshire is where my family's roots are. In the U.S., I root for the Atlanta Silverbacks in the USL. I haven't really found an MLS team that I give a toss for.
As for other sports, I enjoy American football. My alma mater is the University of Alabama, so the Crimson Tide is at the top of any list. In the NFL, my team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I'll be moving to Alabama in the coming months, but I'll be damned if I'm going to root for the Falcons or the Titans.
I like to play golf, and yes, watch it on occasion. Mainly majors, though. I love watching the British Open because the courses are such pure tests of the game, and it means I have the rest of the day to play since the telecast is usually over before lunch.
I also enjoy sports car racing. It's called the American Le Mans Series here. Used to be IMSA Camel GT. I try to go to Sebring every year, though I missed this year. Probably will try and go to Road Atlanta for the 1000km this fall since I will be in the area.
I like ice hockey as well. Go Lightning.
That's about it.
I'd rather have my nuts chewed off by a pit bull than watch NBA basketball. I'd rather have a colonoscopy than watch baseball.
Old 28-06-2007, 04:14 AM   #3
leo.nfsdoc
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselbrad View Post
Up the Hammers!
For obvious reasons, Carlos Tevez is one of my favorite players to watch.
One of my all time favorites was Rodney Marsh. I used to go to every Tampa Bay Rowdies game and he was simply amazing to watch, even late in his career. I also root for Oxford United because Oxfordshire is where my family's roots are. In the U.S., I root for the Atlanta Silverbacks in the USL. I haven't really found an MLS team that I give a toss for.
As for other sports, I enjoy American football. My alma mater is the University of Alabama, so the Crimson Tide is at the top of any list. In the NFL, my team is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I'll be moving to Alabama in the coming months, but I'll be damned if I'm going to root for the Falcons or the Titans.
I like to play golf, and yes, watch it on occasion. Mainly majors, though. I love watching the British Open because the courses are such pure tests of the game, and it means I have the rest of the day to play since the telecast is usually over before lunch.
I also enjoy sports car racing. It's called the American Le Mans Series here. Used to be IMSA Camel GT. I try to go to Sebring every year, though I missed this year. Probably will try and go to Road Atlanta for the 1000km this fall since I will be in the area.
I like ice hockey as well. Go Lightning.
That's about it.
I'd rather have my nuts chewed off by a pit bull than watch NBA basketball. I'd rather have a colonoscopy than watch baseball.

Having your colonoscopy done is actually quite joyfull!! hahaha just playin man...thanks for the reply!!!!
"You people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong, it arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow."

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Old 28-06-2007, 05:19 AM   #4
subjugate
Newcomer

i dont like sports, well soccers ok but thats it
subjugate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 06:55 AM   #5
meegaan1

I like soccer as well, though America isn't very big on it. I hardly ever get to watch it, but my dad has Fox Sports Channel which is all about the soccer, biatches! I was in Rome right after Italy won the cup last year, but I was pulling for England.
I'm totally thrilled that Becks has moved to the U.S.A. though.
meegaan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
x.keirafan.x

I love football.
x.keirafan.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2007, 03:35 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

I like our football. My favorite team has been the Philadelphia Eagles since I was five. I'm not huge into watching the games that much anymore, but if it's Football season over here I see how my team's doing. And if it's sunday and I'm bored I'll check to see if they're playing.

I used to like soccer but it was mainly because I was trying to be like the English people on this site. Then I realized it was pretty fucking lame/gay for me to do that since it wasn't who I am so I stopped. I don't mind watching some of a match now, though.

And if I move to Brooklyn like I'm hoping I will I figure I'll become a Mets fan. I'm starting to get more into baseball because it's a main topic at work and I'd rather chat about it than do real work. Plus it'd be cool to not like the Yankees.

Edit: Oh, and leo, you said you're into skateboarding. From the way you talk about it in your original post you sound pretty confident in your skillz. Do you have any footage online that I can perhaps judge?
Old 28-06-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
leo.nfsdoc
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
I like our football. My favorite team has been the Philadelphia Eagles since I was five. I'm not huge into watching the games that much anymore, but if it's Football season over here I see how my team's doing. And if it's sunday and I'm bored I'll check to see if they're playing.

I used to like soccer but it was mainly because I was trying to be like the English people on this site. Then I realized it was pretty fucking lame/gay for me to do that since it wasn't who I am so I stopped. I don't mind watching some of a match now, though.

And if I move to Brooklyn like I'm hoping I will I figure I'll become a Mets fan. I'm starting to get more into baseball because it's a main topic at work and I'd rather chat about it than do real work. Plus it'd be cool to not like the Yankees.

Edit: Oh, and leo, you said you're into skateboarding. From the way you talk about it in your original post you sound pretty confident in your skillz. Do you have any footage online that I can perhaps judge?
Sure man. I was sponsored by BalSkate (local shop), SOKA (local shop), Alpine Shop [for snowboarding (national shop)], el1te board team, and arsenic....sooooooooo just check out any of their sites and you might see some of my stuff? Or hang on...I have some on my myspace/facebook, i'll add them as attachments. Btw, the benihana was off a big kicker that is not in the shot...lol it's cheating ish because it looks like I did it flat ground...and on the picture that says "Patrickhertel.com" at the front ish? that was taken of me at the midwest x and i have a friend taking the same trick with a digital camera (you see patrick taking a second pic in my friend's shot). Oh and in the krooks on the planter my hands are up like that because on my first try I bonked my head pretty savagely and was scared of that happening again lol.

edit: the first pic is just an indy over a park light...I was 12
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 118605384_l.jpg (36.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 616998105_l.jpg (26.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg n1309170454_30039149_7410.jpg (47.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg l_1ff0c39495180339347cad2fee8d146e.jpg (36.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg l_27a87e2f2d9f9cc9325a0455b7b77ef0.jpg (42.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg n1307940060_30021437_6088.jpg (44.1 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg n1307940060_30090306_6425.jpg (32.9 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg n1307940060_30089328_3567.jpg (16.5 KB, 47 views)

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Old 28-06-2007, 06:26 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Richard
Dated

I refuse to play anything else but golf. I also refuse to watch anything else but golf. I'd like to try to play tennis one day though.
Old 28-06-2007, 08:59 PM   Senior Registered Member #10
michael22
eternally screwed

I love both kinds of football. My faourite uropean football teams are Glasgow Rangers and Chelsea. I do not get to see a lot of soccer because of location but I do enjoy watching what I can. For American football I prefer the CFL over the NFL. My favourite Team is the Saskatchewan Roughriders. In the NFL I will support the Oakland Raiders. I support Ottawa in hockey.

Though my favourite sport has to be fencing.Though Canada sucks on the world stage I still support them.
Old 29-06-2007, 04:19 AM   Senior Registered Member #11
Jacoby
'The Flapper'

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo.nfsdoc View Post
Sure man. I was sponsored by BalSkate...
Cool, some pretty sweet shots there. I was really heavily into skateboarding when i was in middle and highschool. I stopped around 11th grade when I couldn't kickflip this 5-stair (I know five stairs isn't a lot but it was like this weird thing on the side of this building and each step was oversized, so it was big.)

After that I just started losing interest...skated off and on a lot.
Old 29-06-2007, 05:19 AM   #12
leo.nfsdoc
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
Cool, some pretty sweet shots there. I was really heavily into skateboarding when i was in middle and highschool. I stopped around 11th grade when I couldn't kickflip this 5-stair (I know five stairs isn't a lot but it was like this weird thing on the side of this building and each step was oversized, so it was big.)

After that I just started losing interest...skated off and on a lot.

dude that's tight...yea I quit when I broke my acromioclavicular joint, my orbital, and fractured my spine...the doctor said if I was fond of walking, I should give it a serious rest...this was in January 2007. I'm hoping to get back into it by October? If not I'll play soccer...West Ham United all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I'll do Tae Kwon Do...or I'll rock climb which I love...or I dk, I've always been a sporty guy...

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Old 29-06-2007, 07:15 AM   #13
x.keirafan.x

My sports Day today at Haglys stadium. Im happy its a proper running size court like on television.
x.keirafan.x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #14
guitaristt

Hi my favourite sport is football.The best my coman in Uefa chapionms legue is LIVERPOOL.On winter i skying with sky.Fishing is not bad sport and i can to be in nature.So what...
guitaristt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #15
leo.nfsdoc
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaristt View Post
Hi my favourite sport is football.The best my coman in Uefa chapionms legue is LIVERPOOL.On winter i skying with sky.Fishing is not bad sport and i can to be in nature.So what...

Yea man...I used to LOVE liverpool until they lost to milan in the UEFA, and they got rid of Michael Owen. Ever since, I've decided they're crappy and returned to West Ham United....we don't win anything, but my uncle teddy and my aunt ramona always taught me to like them. My auntie is somewhat related to royalty! It's quite fun haha. Too bad that I'm not related to royalty by blood...just married into...ada boy, teddy!

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Old 29-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #16
guitaristt

Haha interesting
guitaristt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2007, 11:25 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #17
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Soccer is gay

Female jello wreastling is my favorite sport
Old 30-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #18
KeiraIsFIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael22 View Post
I love both kinds of football. My faourite uropean football teams are Glasgow Rangers and Chelsea. I do not get to see a lot of soccer because of location but I do enjoy watching what I can. For American football I prefer the CFL over the NFL. My favourite Team is the Saskatchewan Roughriders. In the NFL I will support the Oakland Raiders. I support Ottawa in hockey.

Though my favourite sport has to be fencing.Though Canada sucks on the world stage I still support them.
OMFG...SOMEONE SUPPORTS OTTAWA

Fav Sports - Ice Hockey, Football, Cricket
Favourite Team - Senators/Thrashers/Raiders (Local Team), Bolton
Favourite Players - Dominik Hasek, Dany Heatley, Ilya Kovalchuk, Braydon Coburn, Jay-Jay Okocha, Petr Cech, Monty Panasar
Vid Game Sports - NHL...all of 'em since '03...Teams always either Atlanta, Detroit or Ottawa...sometimes play FIFA...had '07...traded it in for Forza 2

thats about it really
Old 03-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #19
mongoose

Ha. I like this thread. Sports is my life. I love all kinds of sports ( except chess or any mind needing game).
Best sport ever: football
and favourite team: Liverpool
mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #20
leo.nfsdoc
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
Ha. I like this thread. Sports is my life. I love all kinds of sports ( except chess or any mind needing game).
Best sport ever: football
and favourite team: Liverpool

Chess isn't a sport mate lol

-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson