"I had a dream.... - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 18-06-2007, 07:13 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

"I had a dream....

...and I've no clue what it means.

Haven't you ever had one of those weird dreams that just leave you all queasy when you wake up? As in..."Oh, God...that's messed up."
And then you try to find its meaning 'cause it's bothering you so much, and besides you know dreams are the unconscious way of dealing with our issues, and there must be something there, a hidden answer to your problems, perhaps?

I happen to have plenty of weird dreams. I don't really rely on the basic dream interpretation dictionaries (aka: "blood = love" which is simply crap), but I find the subject of dreams completely fascinating.

For instance, I never had recurring dreams. Until now, when I keep dreaming I'm lying on a hospital bed, surrounded by doctors and my mum is standing at the end of the bed, usually crying or looking scared. One doctor is seemingly giving a lecture to the others, and I'm part of the demonstration. He takes my head and just lifts up the top part of my skull, as the doctors gasp and murmur and mum wails in horror. I'm fully conscious that my brain is there for all to see, and then I wake up.
Effin' weird, but quite easy to interpret, I'll say....

anyway, here are two useful links I came across:

Type of Dreams, the most common (flying, losing teeth, falling, being naked in public), and what they might mean.

How to remember your dreams

If you're interested, share your dreams, what you think they might mean, and comment on similar experiences. (But no "I dreamt I met Keira" "I dream to meet Keira" or sex-dreams jokes, otherwise I'll harm you)
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2007, 07:46 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I had one similar to that nearly twenty years ago. I dreamt that I went to the doctor's office and that he informed me I had a month to live. I woke up in a cold sweat and for the rest of that day, I watched my parents for clues about my fate, but could see no outward grieving and surmised it was just a dream.
About a month later, I dreamt that my family was all gathered around my parents' house for the big day. They were all in the other room eating and drinking, talking and laughing...all while I was sitting alone in the living room, waiting for the grim reaper to haul me away.
Old 19-06-2007, 02:56 AM   Senior Registered Member #3
Pygmalion
Pissed

I often have dreams where I have a penis, they really upset me.
On the recurring dreams thing: I dream that I've had the dream before, then wake up and realise I haven't.
Pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 03:13 AM   #4
allied_assult

Weirdest dream I ever had:
I dreamed I had a turtle the size of a dime. It crawled up the wall, fell on the couch arm, bounced off, and landed on my mom's finger. Then I go, "Thank god you saved it!", and then she ate it.
I have no idea what the hell that dream was supposed to mean.
Old 19-06-2007, 06:24 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #5
Digital_Ice

I've had the same dream for a couple of weeks, its one of those over complicated ones that means your brains too active and you wake up every hour or too... real bloody irritating.
Old 19-06-2007, 05:55 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Officer #6
Kelsey
Holly Moderator

I so rarely have recurring dreams, but every once in awhile I have the same dream where I am in what seems to be an office building, crouching under a desk, and then I am shot point blank. It always wakes me up, and I am scared to death of the prospect of being shot like that.

Check out my blog:
http://www.thingsephemeral.blogspot.com
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2007, 09:37 PM   Senior Registered Member #7
Porcelain_Doll

I don't really believe in "prophetic dreams" so I don't think you will be shot like that...but usually recurring dreams mean there's something unsolved in our heads, and that dream puts it into images.

I guess my recurring dream might mean my fear of being psichologically stripped apart, and that everybody can see what's going on inside my head. My thoughts, fears, wishes, everything suddenly being public for anybody to see. And those people might be horrified, like my mum was in my dream, or not approve, or question them.
Since our minds is the only place we're truly alone, and it's something that belongs to us and nobody can invade, I think it must be something like fear of people entering against my will.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

my blog

Old 20-06-2007, 03:19 AM   Senior Registered Member #8
michael22
eternally screwed

I have many weird and recurrinng dreams.

One was ( forgive me if I posted this before) I won the olympics in a brutal and bloody fashion, getting stabbed in the arm and stomach which is not really a bad dream. I then kiss this girl I had a crush on. I then go home and play cards and watch movies. I then feel a sudden urge to go get something something like pop or water. As I am about to reach the door I feel a twinge up my spine and get a sense of dread. When I touch the door I get hurled back onto the floor with a smoky cloud with red eyes floats over me. It makes me feel vulnerable with everything and everyone exposed as I am unable to help them. What was really weird is that after regaining total consciousness I was unable to do anything for what seemed like a eternity.

I also get this one where I get sent to hell and have to fight my way to something (I do not really know what it is I just have to get it. I think it might be a girl.) Dealing with this giant goat/wolf thing that is hunting me and truth be told scares the shit out of me. Then I find a giant thing with a sword who just keeps taunting me never killing me but telling me he can. Last night would have made that thirteen times I had that dream. Mabye I should write it down, make a sort of new divine comedy.
Old 20-06-2007, 05:06 PM   Senior Registered Member #9
Porcelain_Doll

I'm pro keeping a dream diary. But I never can.

I had the weirdest dream last night...I dreamt it was Haz's birthday, and I had to get him a present. So I bought him a huge fishbowl with lots of tiny goldfish in it. He kept saying they would all die, and I said "not if you feed them twice a day". I wrote on a hairband "twice a day - feed" and put it around his wrist. "there, now you'll remember." I also told him he had to clean the fishbowl at least once a month and proceeded to give him instructions.
But Haz was too angry because he'd made a sort of chart where he predicted how many presents he would be getting and it turned out everyone bailed out on him, so he got none.

I woke up and said "what the fuck?!?!"

btw, Haz, you speak spanish (or at least you've been to Uruguay) and you have a brand new fishbowl. Happy Birthday.

my blog

Old 29-06-2007, 01:35 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #10
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
I'm pro keeping a dream diary. But I never can.

I had the weirdest dream last night...I dreamt it was Haz's birthday, and I had to get him a present. So I bought him a huge fishbowl with lots of tiny goldfish in it. He kept saying they would all die, and I said "not if you feed them twice a day". I wrote on a hairband "twice a day - feed" and put it around his wrist. "there, now you'll remember." I also told him he had to clean the fishbowl at least once a month and proceeded to give him instructions.
But Haz was too angry because he'd made a sort of chart where he predicted how many presents he would be getting and it turned out everyone bailed out on him, so he got none.

I woke up and said "what the fuck?!?!"

btw, Haz, you speak spanish (or at least you've been to Uruguay) and you have a brand new fishbowl. Happy Birthday.
I was going to get Haz a new Thierry Henry Arsenal jersey but...

I had a vivid, bizarre dream last night, and when I woke up briefly I swore that I'd remember it for this thread, but alas, I cannot. Dammit!