[B]Did this movie bomb?[/B] - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira's Movies & Projects

Keira's Movies & Projects The place to discuss Keira's movies, projects and anything else you hear with your ear to the ground...

Closed Thread

Old 23-07-2004, 07:10 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Question [B]Did this movie bomb?[/B]

I saw King Arthur on the night of the premiere, and the theater was not completely full. Within a week I also saw Spiderman 2 and I, Robot, which were completely full before the movie even started.

I saw the numbers for the week King Arthur came out in the US, and it opened #3, behind Spiderman 2 (for the 2nd week) and Anchorman. The following week, It had dropped to #6. What kind of box office push did King Arthur make in England and the rest of Europe. I really thought this movie would be a success.
Old 23-07-2004, 07:15 PM   Senior Registered Member #2
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Question By the way...

The guy that plays the manservant of the knights also played Ioan Gruffudd's servant in Horatio Hornblower, didn't he?
Old 23-07-2004, 07:16 PM   First Class Member Officer #3
Sarah
Nice

King Arthur isn't out in England yet, so it is impossible to say how it'll do. It is getting a lot of promotion, so it should do ok.

By the way, codes for 'bold' and such don't work on thread titles, just in the actual posts themselves.

Also, please don't double post, just click 'edit' on your message and add whatever else you want to say. For the record, yes, he was in Hornblower.
Old 23-07-2004, 07:34 PM   Senior Registered Member #4
Dyce_Blue
Yellow at Heart

Arrow sorry, still learning

As you know, I'm still new here, but thanks for the pointers. I don't understand why they didn't simultaneously release King Arthur in Europe and US. It has nearly an all European cast, as well as a European premise. It will probably do very well over there.

Hornblower was very good, but I here that they made 2 new ones in addition to the original 4. Is this true?
Old 23-07-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
Guido
Newcomer

Ot out yet

It isnt out in The Netherlands Either ..but i think i will be a good film..
it is a shame that some pieces of the story arent in the movie..

Created by the Dutch Boy :icon_spam
Old 23-07-2004, 08:44 PM   Officer #6
DragonRat
Officer

This thread will be locked, simply because there is another thread similar to it. You may find it here:

http://www.kkforums.com/showthread.php?t=215

It discusses the financial straits, under which the movie has been cast in United States cinema. Feel free to add your own meritorious comments to this thread, simply because it deals with the same stuff that this thread has already done.

"Football is about if you want to run and fight for each other, if you really want to play that killer ball." - Robin van Persie, Arsenal FC
Closed Thread