Lucky Charms! (no, not the cereal, moron...) - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 17-08-2007, 06:16 PM   Senior Registered Member #1
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Lucky Charms! (no, not the cereal, moron...)

Ok, people: KKW is dying. I mean it, it's a ghost town. It's dying and we've got the epi, so I say shoot it...up.

I'm doing my little share by creating a thread that I predict will be active for 2-3 days, tops, but whatever.

I was wondering about lucky charms, 'cause we were discussing them in my literary workshop the other day.
Is there anything you always carry with you, something that has a really special meaning? like a certain pen you take to exams, or some t-shirt that you wear as often as you can? Doesn't really have to be a present or a very expensive thing, maybe something you inherited or discovered during a really hard time.

Seeing as we are the ones that give these things value and meaning, not the other way round; I thought it would be nice to share our "lucky charms" and tell the story they enclose.

This my main lucky charm.

It was given to me when I was 12 for my Bat Mitzvah by my then-ex-boyfriend. We had a lovely relationship, from the time we were eight until I broke it off at twelve. It doesn't just remind me of my Bat Mitzvah, it reminds me of my first puppy love, the bookworm and the bad boy.
I never take it off, I even shower with it, and it's simple and pretty.
I often wonder about him, 'cause I haven't seen that boy who sent me the sweetest letters since I was 13 or 14, seeing as I switched schools.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 06:43 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #2
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Sorry for the fuzziness...camera phone at work.
The green thing is a caribiner from REI that I got when I took Taylor there to climb their rock wall with the Girl Scouts. It says "NOT FOR CLIMBING CHINA" on one side and Taylor cracked a joke about it being okay to use since they weren't climbing in China. I smile every time I think of the blank looks on the other, nowhere near as clever girls' faces.
The little doohickey beside the blue key is all that's left from a keychain that Peach sent me from an amusement park in Sweden. She's the little sister I never had.
The ring beside the caribiner is my wedding ring from my failed marriage. I carry it to remind me to never take anything for granted.

Not exactly lucky charms, but they go with me pretty much everywhere I go.

Last edited by hasselbrad; 17-08-2007 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Clarity.
hasselbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Mark410

I did have two lucky charms I suppose, unfortunatley I have no pictures of either. However one turned into more of an unlucky charm at a certain point along the way (I have ying and yang charms I guess). Both are watches, one, the still lucky one, was given to me by my best friend for my 18th birthday, several years ago now, and the formally lucky watch was given to me by the woman I love for a 21 birthday present. However subsequently she left me, heartbroken and slightly bitter, in May and it seems to have turned into a unlucky charm since then, needless to say I no longer wear that one.
Mark410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2007, 11:41 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #4
Digital_Ice

Hearts, stars and horseshoes!
Clovers and blue moons!
Pots of gold and rainbows!
And me red balloons!

*irish accent*

They’re always after ‘me Lucky Charms!”
Old 18-08-2007, 12:38 AM   Senior Registered Member #5
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
Hearts, stars and horseshoes!
Clovers and blue moons!
Pots of gold and rainbows!
And me red balloons!

*irish accent*

They’re always after ‘me Lucky Charms!”
Funnily enough, I thought I'd cleared that up in the thread title...moron.

You're lucky I find any kind of accent sexy. Otherwise I'd be voodooing your ass right now.
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 01:12 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #6
Digital_Ice

sorry... but i couldnt resist.
Old 18-08-2007, 01:23 AM   Officer #7
Renegade
Stock Boy

I used to wear this lanyard in high school with my lunchcard attached to it. Yeah, it was pretty lame but I thought it was cool.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 12:07 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #8
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I don't care for people who have lucky charms. I make my own luck. I really hate the obsessed ones who will make you turn around and go back to their house to get the lucky item. I had a friend at where I worked who said girls want nothing to do with him unless he's wearing his Van Halen T-shirt. And I thought it was because of his yellow teeth.