To be or not to be(the American President) - Page 4 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 25-07-2007, 09:14 PM   #61
Keira lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby View Post
It could be either misspelt or misspelled, keira lover.

And I disagree with your theory on all the rich work hard get what they have. A lot of wealth in America is inherited.

And it's not so easy for the poor/homeless to just work hard an GIIIT-R-Doonee because sometimes it's not their fault where they are. It's not easy to get a job when you don't have a home. If you can't shower do you think you'll do well in an interview? Even the most motivated person can crumble under that kind of stress.

I don't want to argue with you about anything else, though. You clearly think very highly of yourself, and I could be spending my time doing much better things. Like staring at a wall.

Andrew Carnegie
John D. Rockeffeller
Micheal Bloomberg
Bill Gates
Conrad Hilton
Warren Buffet

And, i got news for you. the percent of people who inherited their millions+ is very low, less than 10%, and there is nothing wrong with that. The people who made it wanted it to go to their heirs.

And i have an ego problem, obviously

47th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
Keira lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 12:57 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #62
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Where did you come up with less than 10%, I think its higher than that.
Old 26-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #63
Keira lover

i was refering to those who inherited all their money. Most inherited something, but made so much more.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:36 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #64
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Time for an update for all you non-Americans who are interested. It seems its going to be a showdown between Hill and Obama for the Dem nomination. They are way ahead in most polls with Hill leading most of them. As for the Republican's John Mccain has dropped off so far he would need a miracle to win. It being reported today that Rudy's daughter is campianing for Obama, Not a good thing for Rudy. Romney is being called a flip flopper which is what killed John kerry in the last election. Fred Thompson has not entered the race yet. In my opinion the republican party is in complete chaos. The only thing that can unite them is if Hillary wins the nomination.
Old 13-08-2007, 10:56 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #65
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Another update

Iowa had some kind of primary yesterday(they are without a doubt a backwards state) And mitt Romney won and Hucklebee came second (I sure you're asking yourself who the heck Hucklebee is) All the top candidates showed nothing. This is going to be an interesting election for sure.
Old 15-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #66
Keira lover

A) It is Mike Huckabee, not hucklebee.
B) Iowa held their straw poll the other day. It is an indicator of where ever one stands.
C) Why is the GOP inc chaos?

Old 18-12-2007, 07:12 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #67
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Time for an update for all those non-Americans out there.
The first Primary's are less than 3 weeks away. This is how things look from my point of view.

On the Democrat side, Hillary Clinton has blown her lead in all the early primary's. She still has leads in the bigger states, but if she doesn't do well in the early elections most people think she'll be out of it. The reason for her decline is a poor performance in one of the debates and some of her staff went negative on Obama.

Barack Obama leads many of the polls now, And does seem to the candidate of change, But I don't think America really wants change and I'm still not sure if a black man can win. I really have no problem with him, but if he did win I think some redneck would kill him.

John Edwards is my favorite out of the bunch, he's doing well in the early poll's and could even in Iowa. He is a trial lawyer and does
seem to care about the little guy. But I believe that even he thinks he can't win.

Bill Richardson is my second favorite, he is a governor right now and has held various positions in the Clinton administration.
Joe Biden, Probably has the most experience out of all of them and doesn't show up at all in the early polls.

On the Republican side, you could say the shit has hit the fan. I'll start with Mitt Romney, Has out spent everyone in Iowa by 10 to 1, and it looked like it was going to pay off, he was on top of every poll for a while, but has fallen to second this week and is losing ground in New Hampshire. His problem is he has flip flopped on every major position in the Republican party. He is also a member of the Mormon faith. Hard core Christian conservatives consider that a cult religion and you know who these idiots are, the same boobs that came out in droves to vote for Our current President Bush, and we all seen how that turned out.

So these idiots have turned to our next contestant, Mike Huckabee, He is playing up to these fanatics and it is working.
He has a lead in Iowa right now and is rapidly moving up in every other poll. Our next person of interest is Rudy Giuliani', He never had mush steam in all the early primary's but had huge leads in the bigger states, which is what they seemed to plan for. They spent practically no money in the early states. His problem is he is opposed to most of the issues on his party, he is for a women’s
choice, and is pro gay rights. But as the others candidates looking more electable it has hurt him. He has already lost his lead in the first big state Florida and is losing ground in the other states.

John Mccain would be the oldest man ever elected President if he won, and I wouldn’t have a problem with that. He's not a fan of the oil companies and seem to be a intelligent man. He was a prisoner of war during the Vietnam war and genuinely seems
to care about the country. His problem is he is pro-Iraqi war which most people are against. He has little appeal in all the polls and would need a miracle to win.

And speaking of miracles let me introduce you to Ron Paul, Don't know who he is? well neither do most Americans. The only reason
I bring him up is that this bozo has raised more money than any other Republican candidate. Isn't this a lovely race, now you know what’s going here in the USA.

I would like to say that If England, The Netherlands, Australia or any other peace loving country would like to declare war on us, we will surrender and and accept any terms.
( I have no problem bowing to a queen)

Last edited by Digital_Ice; 18-12-2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: sorted out ran's appauling formatting
Ranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 11:17 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #68
Digital_Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranman View Post
am i the only one that saw the double meaning there?
Old 18-12-2007, 11:27 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #69
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice View Post
am i the only one that saw the double meaning there?
I am not gay. ( not that there is anything wrong with that)
Old 16-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #70
Keira lover

Quote:
Time for an update for all those non-Americans out there.
The first Primary's are less than 3 weeks away. This is how things look from my point of view.

On the Democrat side, Hillary Clinton has blown her lead in all the early primary's. She still has leads in the bigger states, but if she doesn't do well in the early elections most people think she'll be out of it. The reason for her decline is a poor performance in one of the debates and some of her staff went negative on Obama.

Barack Obama leads many of the polls now, And does seem to the candidate of change, But I don't think America really wants change and I'm still not sure if a black man can win. I really have no problem with him, but if he did win I think some redneck would kill him.

John Edwards is my favorite out of the bunch, he's doing well in the early poll's and could even in Iowa. He is a trial lawyer and does
seem to care about the little guy. But I believe that even he thinks he can't win.

Bill Richardson is my second favorite, he is a governor right now and has held various positions in the Clinton administration.
Joe Biden, Probably has the most experience out of all of them and doesn't show up at all in the early polls.

On the Republican side, you could say the shit has hit the fan. I'll start with Mitt Romney, Has out spent everyone in Iowa by 10 to 1, and it looked like it was going to pay off, he was on top of every poll for a while, but has fallen to second this week and is losing ground in New Hampshire. His problem is he has flip flopped on every major position in the Republican party. He is also a member of the Mormon faith. Hard core Christian conservatives consider that a cult religion and you know who these idiots are, the same boobs that came out in droves to vote for Our current President Bush, and we all seen how that turned out.

So these idiots have turned to our next contestant, Mike Huckabee, He is playing up to these fanatics and it is working.
He has a lead in Iowa right now and is rapidly moving up in every other poll. Our next person of interest is Rudy Giuliani', He never had mush steam in all the early primary's but had huge leads in the bigger states, which is what they seemed to plan for. They spent practically no money in the early states. His problem is he is opposed to most of the issues on his party, he is for a women’s
choice, and is pro gay rights. But as the others candidates looking more electable it has hurt him. He has already lost his lead in the first big state Florida and is losing ground in the other states.

John Mccain would be the oldest man ever elected President if he won, and I wouldn’t have a problem with that. He's not a fan of the oil companies and seem to be a intelligent man. He was a prisoner of war during the Vietnam war and genuinely seems
to care about the country. His problem is he is pro-Iraqi war which most people are against. He has little appeal in all the polls and would need a miracle to win.

And speaking of miracles let me introduce you to Ron Paul, Don't know who he is? well neither do most Americans. The only reason
I bring him up is that this bozo has raised more money than any other Republican candidate. Isn't this a lovely race, now you know what’s going here in the USA.

I would like to say that If England, The Netherlands, Australia or any other peace loving country would like to declare war on us, we will surrender and and accept any terms.

Ron Paul made some 6 million dollars in 1 day. I am too tired to get into it today.

Old 16-01-2008, 10:25 AM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #71
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keira lover View Post
Ron Paul made some 6 million dollars in 1 day
And has zero chance of winning it all
Old 16-01-2008, 08:16 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #72
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
And has zero chance of winning it all
Thing is, I see Ron Paul signs and stickers everywhere. I see very few signs for anyone else. Paul's constituency may be the most active, which could lead to a Perot style fracturing of the vote.
Old 16-01-2008, 08:35 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #73
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

wanna put money on that?
Old 16-01-2008, 08:59 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #74
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

On what? That Paul manages to get 18% of the popular vote?
Old 16-01-2008, 09:18 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #75
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

I doubt that. You don't see any Rudy stuff down there? He is suppose to be all over Florida.
Old 16-01-2008, 09:33 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #76
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

I've seen more Ron Paul signs...big ones...in the area around the office park I work in than anyone else. I've seen a lot in Atlanta and Alabama as well. I've yet to see a Giuliani sticker or sign here. I've seen a few Obama and Clinton stickers, but nowhere near as many as I've seen of Ron Paul. Small business owners seem to be firmly entrenched with Paul.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:09 PM   Senior Registered Member #77
DefyingGravity

I support Obama.

Or Hillary, really. But Obama, more so.

I absolutely cannot stand Romney, which is quite funny seeing as how I'm also a Mormon.
Old 18-02-2008, 09:44 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #78
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Update, Alot has happened in the past few weeks

John Mccain Has surged to the head of the pack. Romney, Giuliani, Thompson all out. That huckleberry hound dude is still in it but most agree has no chance. On the Dem's side it has really turned out to be the race of the century. Its down to the 2 main characters, Hill and Obama. And Obama is winning. I may have been wrong, This country may be ready to elect a Black President. I would no longer be ashamed to be an American if this came to be. I just saw on a TV show that 5 people at 5 different speeches fainted while Obama spoke. This guy is on fire and I'm hoping he goes all the way. I wouldn't count the Clintons out just yet but Hill will need a miracle to win. Obama is the man and can bring this country out of the dark its been in for a long while.
Old 19-02-2008, 09:08 AM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! Moderator #79
Foeni

If the next president will be democratic, I hope it will be Obama. I don't like the Clinton woman.
Old 19-02-2008, 10:26 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #80
Leonie
Elle

How beautifully misogynistically expressed, Foeni. "The Clinton woman"... Bloody hell. What's next, you don't mind "the black guy"?