Today's Unhappiness - Page 37 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Wavefront Community > General Discussion

General Discussion Talk about pretty much anything.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:28 PM   Senior Registered Member #721
JenR
on loan from np.com

had a fucking morbid dream yesterday.

At 1st i was at this store that sold all these cool thing. then i got kidnapped by these Mexican (im guess they were) people) man (a father) was psycho and took em and my friend to his house where his family was practicaly hostage in. then he went intoa room with a guy and started beating them. I ran away.

next i was at a store, then when i went to my car and saw it was like... i looked as if termites to eat plastic. and as i stopped to look at it, the same man grabbed me and took me to his place again. then i started hiding from him at his house and he'd look for me and then finally found me, and locked me in a room with a guy who was probably my age. started torturing him. then he turned on the TV a video was playing that showed various guys getting sexually abused in the most awful way, then the man saw the video and froze into an admiration of what he was watching, and then turned to me and the boy and said "I'll be right back." Then i woke up.

the hell?
JenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:16 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #722
Digital_Ice

I just got home to hear my computer emmiting the PSU Fan Fail warning alarm... and I have no fucking idea how to test/fix it. Managed to shut the alarm up... but that doesnt mean the problems gone :s
Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 PM   Senior Registered Member #723
JenR
on loan from np.com

i was up all ight with homeowkr.

at 6 am i decided to go to bed,

its 7am tright now.

i was just getting tired enough to sleep

Tornado alarms are howling away outside.

HUGE store north and eat of me.

storm will be here in 10 minutes going by weather. fucking FREEZING outside. heavy cold front.

hail finally quit. just lightning and thundering like a bitch.

Bright side:
Natalie will be on TV in a little while. I swear to god if y TV goes out right when she comes on TV i'm going to hurt someone.

omfg she'll be on in like 3 hours... wtf...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:22 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #724
Leonie
Elle

You do realise that no homework is worth forfeiting sleep to that extent? In ten years back, you'll look back and wonder why you bothered, trust me I'm getting to the ten year mark.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #725
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
You do realise that no homework is worth forfeiting sleep to that extent? In ten years back, you'll look back and wonder why you bothered, trust me I'm getting to the ten year mark.
...thanks for making me feel old.

Old 12-02-2008, 04:58 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #726
Digital_Ice

why does every radio station have a playlist of about 5 songs?

for the last two weeks, i have heard the same songs over and over and over at work...

nicklebacks rockstar
snow patrols chasing cars
some song i dont recognise
mark ronsons valerie
some other song i do recognise but cant name
nicklebacks rockstar
snow patrol.....
Old 12-02-2008, 05:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #727
JenR
on loan from np.com

this is College homework, i'm talking about.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:49 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #728
Leonie
Elle

I've also finished college. Again, you'll find it's not worth it

I may not be so close to the ten year mark on that one, but I'm starting to realise it's more important to enjoy the uni years than to fret and lose sleep over grades. If you are going to lose significant amounts of sleep, there had better be a party, young lady.
Old 16-02-2008, 10:11 PM   Senior Registered Member #729
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

I've been told basically that I've 24 hours, give or take a few of those, to see if I'm capable of passing my exam. I believe the exact words were "if you don't fuck up on what you know, it's ok if you don't do the stuff you don't know. It's a shame you have so little time left, but anyhow it'd be good if you could do the whole thing".
Gee, thanks for the ego-boost. I feel much more confident.

My sister was on the brink of breaking up with her idiot of a boyfriend. And we were all with our fingers crossed, hoping she'd finally get rid of the twat. He told her, for the 3rd time now, that "it wasn't working". The guy even used the "you're too good for me, you deserve so much better, I'm doing this because I love you, etc" crap. You gotta give him credit for that: it proves that not only is he an idiot, he's also an unoriginal one.
But the biggest idiot was my sister, who's literally now his bitch. Yup, he whistles and she goes. He beats her up and she still jumps when she sees him. He tells her it's over, during the time she's juggling exams that will define if the Uni accepts her or if she has to pack her bags back to the Third World. And she just refuses to let him go, so now they're back together; and that brainless oaf still has complete power over my brilliant future engineer of a sister. How he managed to pull some much shit on her, several times now, and still have her fighting for "them" is something everybody who knows her is wondering.
I guess like Paul Bettany said in Wimbledon: "love's not only blind, it's also bloody stupid".
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 10:23 PM   KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #730
Ranman
KKW's Therapist

Is that the sister that was in the pic with you in an earlier post?
Old 17-02-2008, 08:41 AM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #731
Leonie
Elle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcelain_Doll View Post
My sister was on the brink of breaking up with her idiot of a boyfriend. And we were all with our fingers crossed, hoping she'd finally get rid of the twat. He told her, for the 3rd time now, that "it wasn't working". The guy even used the "you're too good for me, you deserve so much better, I'm doing this because I love you, etc" crap. You gotta give him credit for that: it proves that not only is he an idiot, he's also an unoriginal one.
But the biggest idiot was my sister, who's literally now his bitch. Yup, he whistles and she goes. He beats her up and she still jumps when she sees him.
Whoa there, cowboy. He beats her up? Dude, tell her that's not on. Fight with her to tell her that's not on. She needs to understand that that just isn't OK. No, he doesn't love her so much and doesn't mean to do it -- he just did, didn't he? Christ. Please please please tell her that no one has a right to hit her. Ever. That she can't do anything so wrong it deserves a beating.

That said, I see why sitting and waiting might be a good idea to ensure you don't alienate her -- that'd be even worse. But maybe, as a sister, who doesn't have any ulterior motive to say these things than real, true concern (as opposed to parents, who are interfering by definition :P), she'll believe you. Good luck
Old 17-02-2008, 04:34 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #732
Leonie
Elle

And six hours later, I have something of my own to bitch about.

Today's unhappiness is pretty much everything. I'm stuck here, everything sucks, the prospect of getting out of here isn't great either, because I need to do a lot of heartbreaking fighting at the end of it, and then there is a lot of worrying about visa and visa conditions.

I really, really wouldn't mind things getting easier one of these days. I'm so tired of fighting.
Old 17-02-2008, 04:45 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #733
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
He beats her up
He needs to be beaten into a body cast with an ax handle. I would choose an ax handle because it is relatively light, and therefore would take many, many more whacks, and therefore be more painful.
Old 22-02-2008, 11:41 PM   Senior Registered Member #734
Porcelain_Doll
little-miss-smut-for-brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
Whoa there, cowboy. He beats her up? Dude, tell her that's not on. Fight with her to tell her that's not on. She needs to understand that that just isn't OK. No, he doesn't love her so much and doesn't mean to do it -- he just did, didn't he? Christ. Please please please tell her that no one has a right to hit her. Ever. That she can't do anything so wrong it deserves a beating.

That said, I see why sitting and waiting might be a good idea to ensure you don't alienate her -- that'd be even worse. But maybe, as a sister, who doesn't have any ulterior motive to say these things than real, true concern (as opposed to parents, who are interfering by definition :P), she'll believe you. Good luck
no, no, no, he doesn't beat her up! it was a figure of speech, like when a master beats up his dog and yet the latter still wags its tail at him. It was just to reinforce the whole "she's his bitch" concept.

Anyway, today they were going to meet to get some "closure" so it seems it's over. Hopefully...sheesh, my mother said that she's never seen my sister cry so much in her nearly 20 years of life, not for anyone nor anything. Bloody bastard...I told her to hit him for me, but I doubt she'll do it. Boo.

I failed my math exam, so I'll have to take it again in July or in September, meaning that when I'll be swamped with homework and this year's math, I'll still be studying last year's. It sucks, I really thought I'd passed..

(I'm at Punta del Este now, hence my absence from msn and kkw, btw. I'm having a nice time so I guess it should go on the happiness thread, but I really can't be arsed to write another post and besides I'm at a cybercafé, so they're charging me for this and I should really go..)
"There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." Elizabeth Bennet

musings and ramblings, aka:
my blog

Porcelain_Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 06:07 PM   Officer #735
Renegade
Stock Boy

WTF! It's not supposed to rain this much in California. Call me spoiled but this weather is fucking depressing.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 12:52 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #736
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Actually yesterday's unhappiness, but it's contributing to today's unhappiness due to exhaustion.
Left Oxford, Alabama at 3:00 PM to take Taylor back to Atlanta. Finally dropped her off at 6:30 PM. Yes, it took three and a half hours to make a trip that can normally be done in just over one hour. Construction on I-85 North through town turned it into a parking lot.
That meant I got to Tampa just a little before 2:00 this morning.
Old 26-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #737
Surprize

Yesterday I was tired, today I'm tired... Yesterday I had headache, today I have headache... A day before yesterday I cried all the day, yesterday I cried all the evening...
Surprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2008, 12:52 PM   First Class Member KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #738
hasselbrad
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprize View Post
Yesterday I was tired, today I'm tired... Yesterday I had headache, today I have headache... A day before yesterday I cried all the day, yesterday I cried all the evening...
That just makes me unhappy reading it.

I'm still tired too. We stayed up and watched the Oscars last night. Marcia DVRd them because I was on the road Sunday night. Stupid ass Verizon (the cable provider) let the thing stop before the ceremony was over. Didn't get to see the award presented for director or best picture.
Old 28-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #739
dave

http://pajamasmedia.com/2008/02/buckley_obit.php

I just stumbled upon an obituary for William F. Buckley, Jr.

http://pajamasmedia.com/xpress/roger...ley_jr_rip.php

I miss Blackford Oates...

Quote:
Saving The Queen
Most obituaries will cite his achievements / notoriety in other fields, but among the many hats worn by the late conservative icon was that of spy novelist. Buckley's amorous hero, Yale-educated CIA agent Blackford Oakes (not to be confused with John Gardner's Boysie Oakes) was perhaps most distinctive among his fictional colleagues for bedding the Queen of England in his debut adventure, Saving The Queen (1976). Interesting, Oakes' Cold War adventures were not contemporary. While they were written between 1976 and 2005, they took place between 1952 and 1987. This enabled Buckley to work his protaganist into real-world intelligence operations. The final Blackford Oakes novel was Last Call For Blackford Oaks.

%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
"Le uova non devono ballare con le pietre."
"Eggs have no business dancing with stones" from the movie "Shoot 'Em Up"
%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#%#
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 06:25 PM   Lifetme Service Award Officer #740
Leonie
Elle

Kohlrabi, carrot and apple salad. Without the mustard seeds and peanuts from the recipe.

Our stove isn't working.

(Surprisingly it's not too bad, but I hate improv cooking).