Photo Sightings - Page 51 - Keira Knightley.com Forums
Keira Knightley.com Forums  

Go Back   Keira Knightley.com Forums > Keira Boards > Keira Knightley Discussion

Keira Knightley Discussion General banter on the object of our affection.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #1001
once_dreaded
Member
 
once_dreaded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon, USA. Greenest state in the union, sorry Washitonians :oP
Posts: 448
Doesn't say WHAT she smokes...might be some wacky tobaccy. I smoke cloves every once in a while, been doing it more often lately to get myself the feeling of being high...even if it's fleeting.
__________________
Once_Dreaded but never feared
#88 in the Keira Knightley Posse
once_dreaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:46 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1002
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by once_dreaded
Doesn't say WHAT she smokes...might be some wacky tobaccy. I smoke cloves every once in a while, been doing it more often lately to get myself the feeling of being high...even if it's fleeting.
I don't think she actually even does smoke. Rumour.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #1003
marilynka
Member
 
marilynka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: POLAND
Posts: 97
She smokes sometimes.

more here
__________________
Keira Seduction
marilynka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:12 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1004
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Oooh. Not seen the pictures before. Well, that's cleared that up. Not that I cared as I think smoking's ok. And not smoking's ok too. Personal choice and all that.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:15 AM   #1005
Heck_yeah
Member
 
Heck_yeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: happytown,usa
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilynka
She smokes sometimes.

more here
whos that guy?
i dont like smoking.
but i dont smokers are all bad or something
like keira is'nt bad
__________________
LoveTrainAnyone?!
Heck_yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:16 AM   #1006
marilynka
Member
 
marilynka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: POLAND
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heck_yeah
whos that guy?
Rupert Friend.

She said in interview with Jay Leno that she smokes sometimes and she knows that should stop doing it because it's bad.
__________________
Keira Seduction
marilynka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 AM   Senior Registered Member #1007
kingdumbass
Senior Member
 
kingdumbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: michigan, usa
Posts: 866
I think smoking is cool....
More people should do it.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:44 AM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1008
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Yes because noone gets affected by the effects of alcohol...people don't kill people drinking and driving...fighting outside pubs...beating spouses.

Cigarettes kill less people than alcohol when all the effects are considered. Cigarettes are only seen as more deadly by naive people who don't extrapolate the effects of alcohol fully. So many alcoholics decide to trade addictions and move to cigarettes as alcohol is the most dangerous drug there is. We're all just too stupid to realise it.

Alcohol related deaths actually amount to more than all illegal drugs put together. It kills the most people per year. Yet we're oblivious to that. Heart disease is a massive killer, everyone goes on about how much cigarettes cause it, but what about alcohol, which causes as many heart disease deaths as cigarettes?

Not to mention that of course the air quality is so perfect that the pollution in the air isn't actually worse for your lungs than cigarette smoke...

You'll find that the findings of any of those studies are all debateable because it's been shown that the same damage done to the lungs etc could have been caused by pollution. But no, of course not...it's cigarettes...because we're all exposed to cigarette smoke a LOT more than pollution, right?

(Incidentally, I don't smoke around non-smokers unless they're ok with it. The idea that all smokers are inconsiderate is bullshit, and in fact, non-smokers are far more intolerant and inconsiderate by imposing bans on smokers. Heaven forbid we trust people with the responsibility to not smoke inconsiderately...)
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:08 PM   Senior Registered Member #1009
kingdumbass
Senior Member
 
kingdumbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: michigan, usa
Posts: 866
Denis Leary has already said this....
But it SHOULD be pointed out that while smoking may rob you of ten years of your life, it's the years at the END. It's the crappy, OLD years. Who gives a shit about whether they make it to 70, or 80? What the fuck is the difference?

I hope I die when I'm 50.

You hear that, 50 year-old KingDumbass??? Suck it, you stupid, old asshole. Get cancer for all I care. Your life is over, and you're useless.

Now excuse me while I go speedsmoke an entire pack of cigarettes.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:29 PM   Senior Registered Member #1010
kingdumbass
Senior Member
 
kingdumbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: michigan, usa
Posts: 866
One breast is better than no breast at all....
See? I CAN look on the sunny side of things! Besides, my woman doesn't smoke.

And all of you anti-smoking Nazis are a bunch of pussies. THAT'S what it boils down to. Hate to say it, but if you're honestly worried about the health effects that the occasional secondhand cigarette smoke will have on you, then YOU ARE A PUSSY. Being exposed to secondhand smoke from time to time will not do a single fucking thing to you. Just what the hell do you think the human body was designed to do, anyway?

A couple of smokers are going to laugh their balls off at you when you get hit by a bus while jogging.
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:00 PM   Senior Registered Member #1011
kingdumbass
Senior Member
 
kingdumbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: michigan, usa
Posts: 866
At this point, I should state that I am not a smoker....
I just enjoy defending those who DO smoke. I like their attitude. And I enjoy the smell they create. What can I say?

I can't afford to smoke...but if I ever get rich for some reason, you bet your ass I'll start. In fact, I hope I become a celebrity, so I can encourage young people to start smoking. I'll go on MTV, look right into the camera, and say, "Smoking is cool, kids. Plus, doing it makes you a rebel. You should seriously try it!" That is my pledge.

Our dear Keira Knightley evidently can't even smoke the occasional cigarette for her own enjoyment without some asshole snapping a picture, so people on the internet make comments. That's the trouble with being a young woman celebrity -- your every action and comment is suddenly subject for public debate. That's why I hope I become a celebrity -- since I'm a man, I could say or do anything I want, and no one could do a damn thing about it.

Yup. It sure is great to have a penis!
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:42 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1012
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Never stated any thing like that. And here is a difference when I go in a pub I don’t have troubles with someone drinking a few beers but I do have a problem with everyone who’s smoking in there as it has a direct impact on me. Driving under the influence of alcohol is prohibited. As far as I know blowing smoke in my face direct or indirect not.
So? People don't do it anyway just because it's prohibited? The FACT remains that you're more likely to die from the effects of alcohol than the effects of cigarette smoke. If you were a non-drinker, you'd have a leg to stand on, but you're actually doing more damage to your body drinking than the passive smoke is. You can say you choose to do one sort of damage and don't choose the other...what sort of argument is that? You enjoy drinking, you don't enjoy smoking, if you did, you'd smoke. The fact you didn't choose to have it impact you is irrelevantl; the thing you CHOOSE will impact you to such an extent that the cigarette smoke is meaningless by comparison.
Quote:
Heh, yeah why not make the use of alcohol a hell lot stricter too. Make it completely impossible for kids to buy alcohol pops. Your arguments are typically for a smoker who does not want to take responsibility for the act of smoking.
No, yours are typical of a non-smoker who doesn't recognise that it's a freedom. If the government wants to ban smoking, let them ban smoking, but they don't want to, and why should they? The act of smoking kills less people per year than the act of drinking alcohol. So why not ban alcohol first? Because you choose to have it impact you? Right, so when a drunk driver kills you, you chose for him to be pissed, right? Doesn't matter if it's illegal if you're already fucking dead, does it?

Your arguments are also a perfect example of why a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. If you knew how many people died from so many other causes compared to cigarette smoke, you'd see how ridiculous you look. And no, not all of those are by choice.
Quote:
But smoking is not, all thought it causes a more DIRECT impact on your surroundings than the ones stated
Proof please? How many people die of Heart Disease a year? How many of them smoked, and how many of them drank? I think you'll find that the biggest killer of people in the world has as many smokers dying from it as non-smokers, and yet a lot less non-drinkers compared to drinkers. Your points are naive and lack a true understanding of the statistics.

If smoking was so dangerous, how come so many doctors smoke? But no, you're right, believe the medical research that not even doctors necessarily believe...
Quote:
above and indeed depending how you interpreted the statistics and compare them to other figures, smoking costs a fortune to the social care system and rises the chance on cancer with 20% for passive smokers already ABOVE the bad air quality. As the research on these things not happen in an isolated 100% good Air quality live tank.
Which means it proves nothing. Lung cancer can be caused by lots of things. Tobacco is as old as the hills, and the fact is, the increase in lung cancer has coincided with a DECREASE in the amount of cigarettes being smoked. Kinda blows that theory out of the water. These studies, as you point out, cannot be conducted in a vacuum, and as such, we'll never know how much of the effect is down to the smoke, and how much down to other factors that the studied don't even take acound of.
Quote:
Let a smoker trade his cigarette for alcohol, or take the chance of getting caught with illegal drugs! Those two at least don't influence my health.
Tell that to the families of people who die from drink drivers, or the people who get stabbed by junkies who mug them to pay for their next fix. Didn't influence their health, did it? Alcohol is actually a lot more addictive than we realise, it's just that it's far more socially acceptable for some reason. Stats show that binge drinking is a far worse health problem in Europe right now than smoking. I guarantee you that you have more chance of dying from an alcohol-related cause than smoke. So stop whinging. You're gonna have to die some day, and I can tell you that passive smoking is the least of your worries.
Quote:
We better all start smoking than ay haz? because if I need to follow you’re way of thinking than I believe the smoke of a cigarette is healthier than the air I breath.
Because that's what I said, of course. Seriously Pete, that's the most retarded thing you've said on this thread, and that means a lot. You're usually someone who can argue a good point convincingly, but you're crap at this. I've heard lots of good anti-smoking arguments, but you're coming at this from entirely the wrong direction. You're making baseless statements with no facts to back you up, you're coming at this from a naive position, and as usual, you believe everything you're told, without actually doing the research yourself.

The irony is that you always support freedom and yet you're denying freedom. Frank's a non-smoker, but he and I thrashed out a solution that could please both parties. If non-smokers weren't so fascist about it there's room for compromise, but clearly that isn't something your feeble little brain can comprehend. Seriously Pete, I used to respect you a lot, this argument has shown you up. Rhetoric and sarcastic beligerance, with no intelligence. Come back and try again, cos I know you're a smart man and can do better than this.

Quote:
We should give you a statue Haz, such a honourable person.
Luckily cigarettes smoke improves the all-round air quality.
Yet more rhetoric. That's always a sign that you know you're losing the argument when it comes down to facts. I never said that, and you know I didn't, but of course you won't admit that I'm right about the air quality being bad generally, because that weakens your case. And yet you're ironically an environmentalist. Maybe I should change that to just "mentalist" after this response.

My point was simply that if you're exposed to passive smoking it's actually your fault. You can do something about it. My friends don't suffer passive smoking unless they want to. There are pubs that don't allow it, places you can go that don't allow it, and you don't have to be near a smoker unless YOU want to be. The idea you have no choice in the matter is a myth. Oh, and hot air rises, so the further you are from a smoker, there's no chance of it getting into your lungs, before you say "No matter how far away I am, it's still in the air". Smoke dissipates in the air, you have to be DAMN close to get smoke in your face. That's why a lot of bars that allow smoking just ban smoking AT the bar, which I think is a GREAT policy as it protects the bar workers, and non-smokers (who can sit at the bar) and yet allows smokers some freedom too.
Quote:
or your girlfriend with one breast when she reached the age of 40? I'm glad you can see the sunny side of it.
Fucking hell Pete. That's it, you've gone too far with the retarded arguments. At least before I could put it down to passion over intelligence, and respect that passion, just hoping you'd add some facts to the argument at a later point. But that's just ridiculous. No study ANYWHERE has ever shown a link between breast cancer and smoking. Lung cancer, throat cancer, cancer of the mouth, but not breast cancer. Go away and do some fucking research, stop fear mongering with no back up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdumbass
A couple of smokers are going to laugh their balls off at you when you get hit by a bus while jogging.
EXACTLY. The truth of Pete's figures is that they're estimates worked out in conjunction with studies designed to show the dangers of passive smoking. As such there is an inherent bias. The truth, as accepted by the medical profession, is that correlation between drinking and Heart Disease is higher than that between smoking and Heart Disease. You can blame the deaths of smokers due to Heart Disease on the smoke, but more likely it's the alcohol that did it. However the Road deaths in the UK total 3,500, which is a FACT. Shall we ban driving too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
haha, someone who can't leave an expensive, unhealthy cigarette is the pussy. Not the other way around.
Typical patronising non-smoker. I couldn't possibly WANT to smoke rather than HAVING to because I CAN'T leave it. I ENJOY smoking, I have quit several times when I was no longer enjoying it. Addiction is a state of mind for pussies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Well yeah have one...for now at least.
A Boston University study states that people who smoke have a drastic withdrawal from their penis length in erection.
Erm, no. All they have is a CORRELATION. A correlation does not equal causation. It MAY cause problems with getting an erection. But it may not. And the fact is, I have no trouble getting one and I smoke . I plan to quit when I'm older, but right now, I don't fucking feel like it.

And after that ESSAY of a post (nearly hit the post limit don't you know) shall we get BACK on topic? We're dragging this off, and anyway, isn't Keira entitled to do whatever she wishes in her own home? EXACTLY. Now let's leave it at that
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:49 PM   First Class Member Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Administrator #1013
Digital_Ice
 
Digital_Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 3,741
am i the only one who thinks this thread has gone off topic?
__________________
Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche
Digital_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:52 PM   #1014
bruman
Member
 
bruman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: belgium
Posts: 203
are you serious? :P
__________________
66th Member of the Keira Knightley Posse
bruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:58 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1015
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ice
am i the only one who thinks this thread has gone off topic?
Nope

Quote:
And after that ESSAY of a post (nearly hit the post limit don't you know) shall we get BACK on topic? We're dragging this off, and anyway, isn't Keira entitled to do whatever she wishes in her own home? EXACTLY. Now let's leave it at that
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruman
are you serious? :P
Heh. Sorry about that. Pete made a lot of baseless statements in response to an already long post, then continued to make them to KD.

Anyway...
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:33 PM   #1016
iximisspiggyixi
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
Well yeah have one...for now at least.

A Boston University study states that people who smoke have a drastic withdrawal from their penis length in erection. (source )
Lmfao. That's bullshit.
Let me just say...my boyfriend smokes, and he's got NO troubles in that department.
iximisspiggyixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:08 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1017
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Fucking hell Pete. Do me a favour. READ what I write next time. You've written two whole posts COMPLETELY misunderstanding the points I made so let me reclarify them for you. I'm not going to even continue to discuss this with you if you're just going to continue the beligerance, twisting the argument to suit your purposes. Several times you're misrepresenting what I've said. If you want to be right that badly I'll gladly just not debate with you. I appreciate you're passionate but engage your brain as well as your heart, please.

1) I never said the air quality around was worse than cigarette smoke, just that it has an impact on you too, and thus it does prevent proof that smoking CAUSES these diseases. Studies so far merely show correlation.

2) I've never wanted to prevent non-smokers having a choice. My argument was with you claiming passive smoke had more impact on you than other people's drinking. That is wrong. I'm refering not to YOUR drinking, try and keep up, I'm referring to the indirect results of drinking. Such as fights, drink driving etc.

3) No, you do not have a choice as to how alcohol affects you. You can only control your OWN drinking. Please pay attention while I go through this slowly for you. If an idiot gets drunk and kills you drink driving, that is not your choice. The law bans him from doing so, but people do it all the time, and when you're dead, what do you care that he's in prison?

4) In response to your point about breast cancer please read the following message from Ash, an anti-smoking lobby in the UK:

Quote:
Some studies have demonstrated a link between both active and passive smoking and breast cancer. The IARC review concluded that most epidemiological studies have found no association between active smoking and breast cancer
The studies are inconclusive.

5) Nice one but no cookie? I smoke because I choose to, I've quit for 2 years before, and then started again because I WANTED to. I actually like the taste and smell of cigarettes. I realise not everyone does, which is why I try to be considerate over it. I agree that you shouldn't have to suffer it if you don't, but banning smoking is not the solution. There are compromises that can be worked. I didn't take issue with you not wanting smoke in your eyes or whatever, just with the idea that passive smoking is more deadly than the indirect effects of alcohol.

6) I never said people would trade cigarettes for alcohol. That would be stupid. Alcohol is far more damaging. What I said was, and let me quote this for you:

Quote:
So many alcoholics decide to trade addictions and move to cigarettes as alcohol is the most dangerous drug there is.
I realise English isn't your first language so I've since calmed down from my initial rage at you CONTINUALLY misstating what I said. However, let me REPEAT lest you misunderstand again: Most alcoholics move to cigarettes as cigarettes are less damaging. Not just on them, but on the people around them. I've met alcoholics who beat their wives, drove their children away, and even one guy who got done for drink-driving, and very nearly killed someone. They move TO cigarettes because passive smoking will never ruin as many lives as alcohol abuse.

7) The studies do not PROVE that cigarettes cause that many deaths. They merely ESTIMATE. It's correlation, not causation, my point is that historically tobbaco smoking has decreased as cancer risks have gone up, showing that if the correlation was taken back far enough, it would prove nothing. The point is that since it's not causation, but correlation, the timeframe makes all the difference. I'm not denying that smoking increases risks, only that it doesn't actually CAUSE cancer.

As for why I question studies from universities...you question government reports, don't you? Everyone has a vested interest, a bias. Universities often get grants, by health organisations, anti-smoking lobbies etc. If the same universities got grants from Imperial Tobacco you can bet your arse that we'd see reports saying smoking makes you better in bed etc. It's all spin. You have to question it and apply common sense to EVERYTHING. Even medical reports, as yes, there is bias.

8) I'd probably collapse running against you, but then I would have when I was 10 too. I've never been a great runner, plus I don't like running much, so I've never gotten better. I don't deny that smoking's probably made me less healthy, but so's drinking. You say athletes avoid smoke for that reason; they avoid alcohol for the same reasons. Most top professional footballers, for example, don't drink.

9) Not smoking at the bar protects bar staff because their worst exposure has been shown to be by people sitting at the bar smoking. When they go round the tables, they hardly have time to inhale anything.

Look, Pete, if you really want to continue this, let's do it on another thread, because this is pointless. Although I don't even see the point of doing that, because we're just going round in circles. Making the same arguments. It's like a broken record.
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:03 PM   Attended an OMGWTFKKWBBQ! KKWiki Contributer Senior Registered Member #1018
Hazzle
Sponsored Cunt
 
Hazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 5,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightfreak
You suddenly dragged alcohol in to this argue and compared its affects with the affects of (passive) smoking to make what point?
Simply that passive smoking is not as damaging to your body as "passive" drinking. I'd like to explore that further with you, and I think you're seeing the point I'm making now, even if you disagree. But let's do it here
Hazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 PM   Officer #1019
EmotionSickness
Cutie
 
EmotionSickness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 761
Quick, someone post a picture of Keira. Now, now, now....
__________________
"So you go and you stand on your own.. and you leave on your own. And you go home and you cry, and you want to die..."
EmotionSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:05 AM   Senior Registered Member #1020
kingdumbass
Senior Member
 
kingdumbass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: michigan, usa
Posts: 866
There you go....
kingdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
By appointment to HM Keira Knightley.